Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Comment:

We've been winning for quite a time now, but this one will be a pretty hard one. bursa is currently lying on 2nd place one point ahead of us. despite the fact that their manager is the biggest clown on the planet. :D whatever. their main threat should be sercan yildirim, a galatasaray-fan himself. people think he's one of the country's biggest talents when it comes to forwards, so servet and meira should be warned.

Team News:

Mehmet Topal and Arda are difinitely out, due to their latest injuries from the bellinzona match. Same goes for Kewell i think. Nonda is back in full training, so he could probably start.

Predicted Line-Up:

...........Baros...Nonda

...............Lincoln

Volkan..................Hasan

...............Ayhan

Balta...Meira..Servet..Serkan

............De Sanctis

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
They play open football, if we play with 2 forwards instead of that idiotic 4-5-1 system with 2 defensive midfielders, we will score and they will score. I just see us scoring more as we have quite alot more quality, they have the advantage of playing @ at home.

2-3 is my prediction. I hope Nonda's fit for this one, we need him next Baros.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Kewell, Sabri, Hasan Sas are ready for this one ( so says our team doctor ).

I think Arda might be ready too because his injury didn't look serious. He could easily walk and probably was subbed off just in case...

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Well, doctor made another statements on official site saying that today, we'll be knowing for sure if Kewell, Aydin, Arda and Sabri are going to be fit. Hasan Sas probably won't. The rest are def out.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Well, believe it or not, I wouldn't start any of this doubtful players, because they might get injured again very probably. Our team has 14 injuries, real ones, not like Fenerbahce 1-2 matches ago, so I don't know what to expect. On paper, we aren't that bad even with all these injuries, but this is really hurting the team play and harmony in the squad.

I don't know what it is, American squad at Euro, our doctors, or our players maybe, but this surely isn't luck. It's too much to be just luck.

Back to game, Bursa is in front of us on the table, and looking very strong in offense, yet little weaker in defense. Players to watch out for are Romashenko, Sercan and Yusuf. I don't expect nice football, I don't expect organized football. I expect good fight and few moments of brilliance from our players, mainly Baros and Lincoln. Nonda is back for this game so that's positive news.

I don't know what to expect from Skibbe, 4-5-1 or 4-4-2. I wish we play 4-4-2 because our injured players are mostly midfielders. I wouldn't mind 4-5-1 with the right set up of the players, but that would be hard to do.

My line up for this game would be:

Italian
Serkan-Meira-Servet-Yaman
Yaser--Ayhan-Balta-Alpaslan
Baros-Lincoln​

1st Weak link is Yaser, because this guy is an attacker, and a very well one. His technique is decent, stamina and strength are good, shots well, header good, speed good. Didn't notice a lot of dribbling ability, but that will come. Still, we don't have anyone on the right, so he has to play.

Another weak link is Hakan Balta in the middle, which is why I think Skibbe should do 4-4-2 with Nonda in the squad and Alpaslan out. Hakan Balta is used to Left Back position and he is doing well there. Still, if Skibbe lands 4-5-1, this will most def be the squad.

Third weak link is Alpaslan. He is young, not experienced, but def a quality player, who can go from weak link to the man of the match if the parameters are set. He just needs to start the match nicely, and the rest will come, I'm sure of it.

Fourth and weakest link is Serkan. His stamina and strength are not enough right now and he is playing against his own team. Maybe he'll show a determination and fire vs. Bursa because of the known stuff, or maybe it will backfire and he won't be able to handle the pressure. Nonetheless, I think he should play.

So, it's all about day performance for us and good fighting spirit. Don't expect anything 'nice' in this match, having in mind that Bursa plays like Bursa, not Kocaeli.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My line up for this game would be:

Italian
Serkan-Meira-Servet-Yaman
Yaser--Ayhan-Balta-Alpaslan
Baros-Lincoln​
Lincoln is so good in the ataking midfield but its poor in the forward position.
This will be a dificult match cause of the injuries, i think a draw will be a great result:)

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Well, Arda and Aydin are back! That is good news. Sabri also might play, depending on Skibbe's choice.

Kewell is injured. I'm afraid we won't see much of him in upcoming few games.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
------------Sanctis------------
-Serkan--Meira--Servet--Hakan
-Yaser--Ayhan--Lincoln--Alpaslan
---------Nonda---Baros--------

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Yeah, great squad.

But I am concerned about defensive quality, since Bursa is very good in the offense. I don't think Meira or Servet can hold on to Yusuf and Sercan, so we have to help from the midfield. But, with that squad, it's all about scoring more.

·
Registered
13,816 Posts
BURSASPOR
Ivankov
Veli
Ömer
İbrahim
Mustafa Keçeli
Sercan
Mustafa Sarp
Ozan
Romaschenko
Yusuf
Adriano

GALATASARAY
De Sanctis
Servet
Meira
Sabri
Volkan
Ayhan
Hakan Balta
Arda
Lincoln
Nonda
Baros

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Good, offensive line up. I like it.

Ayhan, DO your JoB!!!

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Bursa fans are on fire. Tough match.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Bursa with a chance trough the middle.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Meira lost his man and almost 1-0.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
I don't think Meira or Servet can hold on to Yusuf and Sercan, so we have to help from the midfield. But, with that squad, it's all about scoring more.
Unfortunately, the bad side of that squad came through.

We can't hold Yusuf and the guy is practically walking over us. Sercan-Adriano are making very decent runs whenever he gets the ball, which is a lot, because Ayhan-Lincoln can't do defense. They are letting us play the ball, and being very dangerous at counter attacks. Since we aren't organized and missing a lot of players, roles should switch. We should let them play their football while we concentrate on counter attacks. But Skibbe tried to play attacking, failed in the first half. Just as I expected, Meira and Servet are too slow to follow runs of those two, plus midfield isn't helping. If opposition team has number 10 and fast players, we shouldn't play Ayhan-Lincoln duo. Still, got to give Skibbe a credit, he did try to kill this by putting Arda and Balta nearer to Ayhan, but, didn't work I guess.

Arda is weak, scared of another injury maybe? Volkan-Balta duo aren't doing anything offensively since nobody is even trying to go on the left. Ayhan and Lincoln are playing bad so that little chance of us scoring in the first half was gone a long time before the whistle. Sabri is running, trying, but just can't do it. Plus, I dislike players that play one leg only.

In the second half, we might turn to 4-5-1 ( Don't believe much ), or we might see Aydin instead of Yaman-Balta. Bursa fans are provoking Ayhan ( very smart ) and he might even get a card in the 2nd half. He should stay calm, like a professional.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.