Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Comment:

After our rather convincing performance away against Kocalispor (4-1) we'll meet Konyaspor, currently 7th, at home, in our beloved Ali Sami Yen Stadium. Konyaspor had a pretty good start (they are only 1 point behind us) and will be looking to get something out of this match, while we can't afford to lose any points at home against the supposedly weaker teams. Skibbe may have some problems building his starting line-up because some of our injured players may be back for this one, but i guess he'll stick with the team which one on sunday.

Predicted Line-Up:

...........Nonda...Baros

................Lincoln

Kewel.......................Aydin

................Ayhan

Volkan...Meira...Servet..Sas

.............De Sanctis

Prediction:

Home win for Galatasaray. 3-1. :pp

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
looks like nonda will be ready for this one.

konyaspor just got a new manager (giray bulak) btw, so we might have it easier than it looked before.

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
Konyaspor is a typical anadolu team, they will defend with 11 men, when we manage to break them open early in the game, we might put 6 in there again like past year but if we struggle, this could be a very difficult game for us. In offence theyre weak, they dont have much talent.

4-1 is my prediction. If we wear our orange shirt, Kewell will most likely score. :D

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
A win here would bring us to third place in the table, behind Bursaspor and Trabzonspor, who we play in the next two weeks respectively.

Now I don't want to underestimate Konya, but with the appalling difference in class between the two sides, this should be one of those games where we improve our goal differential. Expect Nonda to come out firing if he starts, he will be very relaxed after signing a 2 year contract extension.

Sanctis, Hasan, Servet, Meira, Alparslan, Arda, Ayhan, Kewell, Lincoln, Nonda, Baros

5-0

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
1-0 brilliant goal by Baros. His shot from 20 meters goes in off the crossbar.

And 1-1. Erhan Albayrak was completely unmarked at the edge of the pk area.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Any streams pls? :)

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Nothing has changed since the Antalyaspor game. We are giving counter attack opportunities to the opponent, and when we have the ball they defend with 10 men. We still need personal brilliance from our players to save the game, like the way Baros scored.

By the way, Mehmet Guven is the worst Galatasaray player I have seen wearing this jersey after Cihan and Orhan Ak.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Arda is playing bad. But Guven and Ayhan is not working in this 15 minutes I've watched.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Thank you for the stream, I found one already.

Can't wait to watch 2nd half. Baros scored an incredible goal, damn!

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Cassio 2-1

1 - 20 of 106 Posts