Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, our dreams of Uefa Final have gone. Just like against Steaua, we didn't deserve to get eliminated, but shit happens. It was a nice dream failed to come true. Still, our European performance was top in last 5 years and the best of Turkish teams this season, so there is nothing to be sad about. This team had the quality to win Uefa this season, but quality is not the only thing that determines who'll win cups.

Now, there are 9 games in front of us, every single one of them is final. Bad thing is that our morale is low, our players are tired, very important players are injured. This can be real threat to any squad in the world. Our opponent needs to get something out of this and they are capable of doing it. Positive thing is the fact that we can really concentrate on TSL now, something that our opponents are doing this whole year.

I don't know who'll Korkmaz field, but Milan Baros, our only true and good striker is serving one match ban next to young Yaser Yildiz, who is serving one of the two match ban. This will be very big problem, because I don't really know how we're going to score goals or goal. Nonda and Karan are both disasters walking and probably will be gone this summer.

The only thing I fear is our lack of strength. This means we have to lead 3-0 at least in 60th minute or so, just to be sure. Anything less is risky. 2 weeks off will give us so much, but we need to win this game to collect it. Fenerbahce dropped points, so it's more important now. I just hope the same old routine of losing points whenever Fenerbahce loses points doesn't happen. If that happens, we might just forget about TSL as well.

Positive is Serkan Kurtulus for sure and Hakan Balta who's doing an amazing job if you ask me. Serkan lacks defensive skills, but he's only 18 so that is understandable for now. I don't know if Semih Kaya is going to get his chance in this game. I think Arda will be rested.

My predicted line up:

De Sanctis
Serkan Kurtulus - Emre Asik- Hakan Balta- Volkan Yaman
Sabri Sarioglu - Baris Ozbek - Mehmet Guven - Harry Kewell
Cassio Lincoln
Shabani Nonda

I heard Ayhan Akman is also injured, next to tired Arda Turan. This is major blow for us and even bigger chance for Es-Es. I just hope Nonda does his thing in this game. I'm hoping for Emre Asik to play well, as he's rested and well concentrated. I don't much about Harry though, he might play. Just like Lincoln, who might get another 'punishment' from Korkmaz.

All in all, we need this win. I don't know who or how, but I hope we beat Es-Es and finally get our shit together and become the contenders again!

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't know that :D

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Now that April fools is coming up we can change our name to whatever we want really, then the six month rule applies later. I'll change mine back to normal later today.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me too, but not Veteran. Something new.

Great two results from Trabzon and Fenerbahce, this game keeps getting more and more important for us. Ayhan and Arda 'can' play says the AA and DHA. I still wouldn't play them, let the dudes rest for a second.

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
youla and batuhan are going to send bülent back to oblivion.

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
If galatasaray didn't sack skibbe not only would they still be in UEFA cup, but they'd also be my prediction to win the league. Bulent is honestly one of the worst coaches in the world, that coaches such a big team.

Depending on the result tomorrow bulent could potentially have one of the shortest coaching careers a gala coach has ever had. Not saying they'd sack him this season, but even if they did at the end of the season it would still be a really short term. Who knows though, gala board have been changing coaches as often as Guiza misses a goal, so who knows really.

·
19,147 Posts
man, they'll sack him immediately after this season. its not even up to debate.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
If we had Skibbe we would be figthing for the 6. position with Bursaspor.

Bringing Skibbe at the start of the season was bad and bringing Bulent was not anything better.

Anyway, since all our rivals have dropped points this week, this game is a must win. If we don't win this, we will be out.

This gmae is going to be the biggest test Bulent has probably ever faced in his coaching career, and I am really wondering if he is going to play Lincoln.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think anyone is out yet. It's just 6 points difference. They weren't out 2 weeks ago with the same point difference, why would they be out now? None will be out until 30th week at least.

·
19,147 Posts
as expected, licoln on the bench. kocum bülent, your digging your own grave. he's fukking his whole reputation, people are going to hate him untill he manages to get sacked.

·
19,147 Posts
btw, is it true that hakan ünsal was on the bench in one of the recent matches?

·
19,147 Posts
fans chanting "lincoln lincoln" :howler:

bülent :proud:

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol

Lincoln and Nonda on the bench, Umit Karan playing. I guess Arda will be no.10 and Kewell will play on the left side. I can't believe a managerial no-name is ruining our team so easily. Bu kadar kolay olmamali be abicim.. I swear these managers need some help. But I'm glad to hear crowd chant Lincoln's name!

·
19,147 Posts
@hagi

oh, great. legend :proud:

but bülent type of legend...

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
So losing today seems a real possibility :D Thanks Bulent, you are a real legend... :thumbsup:

·
19,147 Posts
if we get a goal fans are going to start the lincoln chants. if we lose it's going to be "bülent istifa" "sezgin istifa" etc.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.