Registered
13,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
With no Alex, the line-up would resemble the one in the match against Arsenal:

Volkan

Gökhan - Lugano - Edu - R.Carlos

Kazım - Selçuk - Maldonado - Uğur

Semih - Güiza

Differences in the above squad could be in the form of Deivid replacing Kazim, perhaps Vederson playing a role or Ali Bilgin in Alex' role replacing one of the Maldonado - Selcuk duo.

Obviously the crowd will press them to go forward which could turn out to be advantagous for us if we can resist their attacks. Against Arsenal I liked their play as a collective. Add to that, a higher degree of concentration and you got yourself a tough match.

If we can keep our cool we should be able to outclass them in terms of skill and also tactically. I don't see Gökhan and R.Carlos being able to cope with Kewell and Arda. Selçuk or Maldonado against Lincoln.. it's not even funny anymore. Though Semih will be on fire, rest assured of that. Anyhoo, if our players remain as coolheaded as against Benfica, this should be a win or a draw at least. But it's the derby so we'll have to see how it all turns out.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Alex will play, it's a cheap know trick. Emre might do wonders. I'm expecting 3-1 loss.

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
I'm predicting a refereeing nightmare, screwing gala over and the game ending in a 1-1 draw..

and be sure Alex is injured for this one, you'll see

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Veteran you're annoying as **** with your predictions. If it were upto you GS would every damn game.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
I just don't want to jinx us. Don't take it so seriously.

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
reminds me of my dad lol... if his predictions were correct Fenerbahce would be 0-1000, lol he's the same with any team he supports

·
Registered
30,022 Posts
I think we can win here after the Benfica game, but rest assured, Fener are at home and the home advantages in the derby matches in Turkey often have a persuasion in the final outcome. Possibly a draw with both sides indifferent form, know this, whoever wins this game will be the one to challenge whoever (Besiktas, Trabzon ...Ankaraspor :D) for the title.

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
some of our fans seem to think that this will be an easy game, i don't think so. a draw would be good result for a team which normally doesnt win in kadikoy.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You know i always wondered what Derby meant when it was brought up in mentioning fener and Gala. But being then i looked it up and saw that it can be 'sporting even between teams from the same area'. Is it called this because they are both from Istanbul? or is there another reason for calling it a derby? Is this also mentioned when facing Besiktas?

·
Registered
13,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the update.

Going to watch it with my Fenerli cousin. Psychological warfare at it's best

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
You know i always wondered what Derby meant when it was brought up in mentioning fener and Gala. But being then i looked it up and saw that it can be 'sporting even between teams from the same area'. Is it called this because they are both from Istanbul? or is there another reason for calling it a derby? Is this also mentioned when facing Besiktas?
its when teams from the same city play each other. besiktas-fener or besiktas - galatasaray are derbies as well.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Well, this is the match Emre was transferred for, it'd be great to kick his and Fener's ass...:D

If we play like we did against Benfica, we should walk away with 3 points for a change

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Nah really, a draw would be beautiful. Kazim is injured, that means Deivid will play, which is bad for us. Emre will want to show himself in good light, which is also bad for us! But the main reason I think we won't win is because we are not good enough to beat 2 top class teams away in 5 days, or win 3 games in 7 days! Those days might come next year, if things go along.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
The only thing that could prevent us from winning is the physchological pressure we always have when playing in Kadikoy. Othewhise, everything is in our favour

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
In. He trained today with the team. I'm pretty sure doctors didn't want to risk him vs. Benfica, so they just rest him.

Volkan
Gökhan - Lugano - Edu - R.Carlos
Kazım - Selçuk - Maldonado - Uğur
Semih - Güiza

I say:

Volkan
Gokhan-Lugano-Edu-Carlos
Deivid-Maldonado-Emre-Wederson
Semih-Guiza​

If we can keep Deivid and Emre calm, we could get something out of this game. Both Semih and Guiza are dangerous, but they can't do much without midfield. But I just have that stupid feeling saying Emre and Deivid will play games of their lives. Plus, Wederson instead of Ugur Boral is very good improvement! Seeing that, Carlos might play better as well. I don't know, I think this is the best squad Fenerbahce can field. Only Alex missing. So it will be very tough.

I read some comments on other forums and I simply can not believe how confident our fans are. I mean, two decent games and all of the sudden we are the best.. hmm.. doesn't work like that. As I said, we need to do a lot before we become half as good as some people think we are.

Our team has better line up than Fenerbahce though, but since we play away, it's even. If we could keep our net safe for first 20 minutes, we could get something out of this. If we lose, same people who praised Skibbe like he was Prophet will screw him up. If we lose, that is the best thing I'm waiting for.

Our possible line up for this:

Italian
Sabri-Emre-Servet-Balta
Arda-Meira-Lincoln-Ayhan-Kewell
Baros​

We even might see Topal and Gungor, but I personally would do that. They still lack match practice in this season and putting them in game like this would be suicide. Other suicide would be leaving Kewell out, and placing Umit Karan in the first 11. I pray to God, Please, Don't make Skibbe do that!!! Maybe Baros-Umit change, since Baros is pretty exhausted. But that will hurt our pass flow pretty much, so I say leave it at this.

1 - 20 of 192 Posts