Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the training and friendly matches are done, it's time for our season opener. Sunday, we are playing our first match of 2008-2009 season in Antalya against the newly promoted Antalyaspor.

Cisse and Zapotocny will be available for the game after returning from injuries. But it'll be interesting to see if Ertugrul risks either of them since he has alternatives for both. There are reports that indicate that Toraman maybe starting on the right from now on but maybe it's too soon. We'll find out.

Again I haven't caught any of the preseason games for us so I don't have a very good idea of the squad but I can expect this 11 more or less:

-------------Rustu----------------
Ali-----Gokhan----Sivok-------Tello
-------Ugur----------Cisse--------
Holosko----------------------Aydin
-------------Delgado-------------
-------------Bobo---------------

I don't know what to expect from Antalya but I hope it will be a good game. Prediction 1-2 goals from Nobre and Delgado.

·
Master Debater
20,721 Posts
Big game here for us, it is going to be extremely important to get off to a good start.

As important as the three points are I think it is critical that we display a good performance in this one.

Also I wonder of Serdar Kurtulus is going to start next to Ugur Inceman in the middle since Cisse is doubtful.

·
Master Debater
20,721 Posts
Yes that whole Serdar situation is rather upsetting.

I had so much hope for this kid, under Tigana he was really looking like an awesome young prospect. He was even called up to the N.T. proper at one point.

Sad that he had such a long hard fall.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Cisse is back and is ready for the match. But I think Inceman will do wonders with you.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
So, pre-season friendlies count?

Right, Ugur Inceman won't make a cut at GS or FB, but they say very promising at BJK.

...no. S.Kurtulus is much better.

·
Master Debater
20,721 Posts
So, pre-season friendlies count?

Right, Ugur Inceman won't make a cut at GS or FB, but they say very promising at BJK.

...no. S.Kurtulus is much better.
Considering our situation we're not going to do much better than Ugur Inceman. I would have prefered Selcuk Inan but Ugur is probably more the type of player BJK was looking for.

You're right that Ugur wouldn't make the cut at GS or FB but I'm infact more worried about Cisse. He isn't nearly good enough to warrant a yabanci slot and that salary of his.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Gol Antalya 1-0 up from a corner! by the way this is an emarassment of a field!!

1 - 20 of 100 Posts