Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
30,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is what fans of both sides dream of. This is how both sides would like to finish the season. One versus the other. Realistically, whoever wins this match will be the champions, despite not mathmatically as there will be two remaining games after this, but this match is the psychological boost and points advantage to the finish line. Both sides have been on fairly good form in the run up to this game, both teams level pegging on 70 points. Who will win? Discuss. ;)

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
I want Sivas to lose... that way, we can ensure 2nd spot even if we lose ...

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Given Fenerbahce's record in derbies of late, and their ability to win crucial matches when it counts, I would peg them as slight favourites for this match.

However, I can't recall a title game being played at Ali Sami Yen in recent times, so really, I don't know what to expect

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Well, I do expect our team to come out flying, pressing hard in attack and midfield to force turnovers. Hopefully we can get Fenerbahce into card trouble early.

Like Tolga said in the Fenerbahce forum, we're not going to beat them by playing attacking, fluid football, so we have to press hard and then hope for something from Lincoln/Arda...

·
Premium Member
8,437 Posts
Hard game to call but I want Fener to win. That way we have a chance for Champions league. Lincoln vs Alex... this is what everyone's been waiting for. I can almost hear it now.. LINCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLN, LINCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLN, LINCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLN chants.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Hard game to call but I want Fener to win. That way we have a chance for Champions league. Lincoln vs Alex... this is what everyone's been waiting for. I can almost hear it now.. LINCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLN, LINCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLN, LINCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLN chants.
I bet it burns real bad watching a GS squad less talented than yours playing for the title :proud:

·
Premium Member
8,437 Posts
less talented?? I wouldn't say that. it does hurt not being able to play for the title though. It's ok, there is always next year. Just make sure you don't lose to Fener and Sivas or you might end up going to Intertoto :D

1 - 20 of 161 Posts