Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
30,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the battle is still a four way affair. We need to win this comprehensively for goal difference, because it will matter come the last day of the season. Hope we win and keep the pressure on and don't let it get to us.

Seeing as Berker is the new forum leader, I'll let him do all the stats and talk. :D

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
There will be no fans...

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
alright, so we're second place with the same amount of points as the leaders, fenerbahce. as we all know, their squad is at least one class better than ours but we got a few factors on our side which could turn out to be decisive.

1. The quality of the rest of the league. The TSL is very weak at the moment, allowing a team like ours to compete for the championship.

2. Our biggest opponent plays Champions League at the same time, and you bet that they will pay most of their attention on that tournament.

3. The BJK-Fenerbahce derby. Either both of them or one out of both will lose points. We will benefit from it.

Now all we got to do is beat Gaziantep this weekend, needless to say that it will be hard again, lets just hope we wont play the same team as against denizli last week, because frankly, it was a pain to watch that match. Whatever, may the better team win.

·
19,147 Posts

Match Info

Stadium: Ali Sami Yen (No Supporters) | İstanbul
Date: March 30th Sunday | 19:00 (Turkish Time)
Referee: Barış Şimşek
Inuries: Linderoth, Uğur (Galatasaray)
Weather Forecast: Rain expected.

Last 5 matches in the TSL:

Galatasaray

Galatasaray 2-1 Denizlispor
Ankaraspor 0-1 Galatasaray
Galatasaray 2-0 Kayserispor
Beşiktaş 1-0 Galatasaray
Galatasaray 0-1 Kasımpaşa

Gaziantepspor

Gaziantepspor 1-0 Bursaspor
Denizlispor 2-1 Gaziantepspor
Gaziantepspor 1-1 Ç. Rizespor
Ankaraspor 1-1 Gaziantepspor
Gaziantepspor 1-1 G. Oftaşspor

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Arda, Hasan Sas, Lincoln are also Injured I think...

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Arda's injury is a big blow, I hope he gets well real soon and is not that serious, others it's like Hakan Sukur, don't matter if they play or not. Galatasaray wins here 2-0

·
19,147 Posts
about lincoln, alright, untill now he's a big flop, he's been injured like all the time, BUT, what happened in his last game was a farce. the guys were kicking him all around the pitch and the referee did nothing in order to stop it. i dont expect the other teams to stop playing dirty, because their stupid coaches think that its the only way to get points from a stronger team, but i can at least expect the ref to give a foul (i dont even want a card) when a player gets side-kicked in front of his eyes.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
buzy it doesn't help a players cause when he is known as a diver, the refs know the big divers for example... Umit Karan, Nobre (although it took them a year to catch on to Nobre since he did it so convincingly) These guys randomly get foul calls and are always complaining to the refs that their dives were actually fouls.

·
19,147 Posts
i wouldnt say that lincoln is a diver, he falls down to the ground easily when being tackled, alright, but thats not diving. he's a light weight, just like alex, i remember a season when alex didnt get any fouls either. plus the media was totally against him. imo its the same with lincoln now.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
What a pu$sy this ref is, can;t even look at Sabri in the face when giving the yellow almost as if he feels guilty giving it. Bu Sabrinin kafasi sikilmis be, Deumi went with the follow through after he clears the ball and Sabri attacks him and on the next play goes in recklessly into Deumi pu$sy ref should have red carded him.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Aykut just saved the ball with his hand way outside of the box, no call no card :confused: :confused:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts