Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The squad:

Volkan Demirel, Volkan Babacan, Gökhan, Lugano, Yasin, Edu, R.Carlos, Selçuk, Maldonado, Josico, Ali Bilgin, Deivid, Alex, Uğur Boral, Vederson, Semih, Güiza and İlhan.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I hope we can get away with maximum points here, Eskisehirspor have been playing quite well since they got promoted and have caused good sides some problems, so lets hope Aragones studies them well and picks the right team to come away with 3 points....I would field this team:

GK: Volkan
DL: Roberto Carlos
DR: Gokhan Gonul
DC: Lugano
DC: Edu.D
MR: Colin.K.Richards (if fit Deivid)
ML: Ugur (if fit Vederson)
MC: Josico
MC: Alex
ST: Semih
ST: Guiza

Haydi Fener

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
GK: Volkan
DL: Roberto Carlos
DR: Gokhan Gonul
DC: Lugano
DC: Edu.D
MR: Colin.K.Richards (if fit Deivid)
ML: Ugur (if fit Vederson)
MC: Josico
MC: Alex
ST: Semih
ST: Guiza
Keep the 6 foreigner limit in mind...and this will start to become a challenge now that Deivid is getting fit. Alex, Lugano, Carlos, Edu, Guiza are basically automatic. So either Josico/Moldonado or Deivid can play, but not both.

For Eskisehir, I'd prefer Deivid start to create a spark from the beginning, and to get him fit for what lies ahead (Arsenal, Galatasaray). If it's neccesary, I wonder if Aragones has practiced the scenario where Alex comes off, Deivid takes over the #10 role (sort of) and another DM comes on?

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
HA! Turkish copyright laws be dammed! some Turkish newspaper webstie creator probably had a deadline and couldn't be bothered doing a google image search ;)
Now that I look at it more, its not like the wrong one took less effort. Why create the image it in the first place? :howler:
(I'm assuming Okan got it from some other site, and is not at fault for that... :))

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol, sorry gravesends.

It's the first logo pic in Google images. :D I didn't even realise it was a fake.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
:D naaah I know, do you guys know how much time I have spent on getting some of those google images cleaned up?? so many emails to sites that use the bootleg logo. Some got back to me and were friendly and changed it but some just ignore. I wasn't mad lol but I hold pride in my teams badge :)

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I changed the OP. :D

Back to the game. Kazim is suspended so we can't play him on the right. I'm thinking something like this?

Semih - Güiza
Alex
Uğur - Selçuk - Deivid
R. Carlos - Edu - Lugano - Gökhan
Volkan​

But Selçuk alone in the middle is pretty stupid. It's hard to find a way to play Alex, Deivid and Guiza together.

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
OK, I changed the OP. :D

Back to the game. Kazim is suspended so we can't play him on the right. I'm thinking something like this?

Semih - Güiza
Alex
Uğur - Selçuk - Deivid
Volkan​

But Selçuk alone in the middle is pretty stupid. It's hard to find a way to play Alex, Deivid and Guiza together.
If wederson is fit we should place him there instead of ugur...

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
This is the silly weekend with daylight savings, where Turkiye has already changed, but the US hasnt....so in the US, this match is an hour later than usual.

1900 TST = 1200 CDT

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
The PAF squad beat Eskisehir's PAF squad 2-0 today. And this is the first time I've seen the yellow hoop kits in action. They actually look pretty cool...

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
allah belani vermesin, of all fukn weeks for the time to change in turkiye a.q. picler KL;ASGALAJKSBLJKGHKLDGJHGLSDJK;

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
1 hour 15 minutes to go....The lineups (according to Fanatik Canli yayin)

Volkan Demirel
Gökhan Gönül - Diego Lugano - Edu Dracana - Roberto Carlos
Selçuk Sahin
Ali Bilgin - - Alex De Souza - - Uğur Boral
Semih Şentürk - Daniel Güiza

While I'd like to have seen Deivid start, at least this way Deivid acan come straight on for Ali Bilgin without first having to take off another foreigner.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think we need to play that pressing game like we did against Bursa a while ago. If we play that silly stand back 5 feet approach and give them plenty space then I don't see us winning here. Especially Youla, the guy is very dangerous when he is allowed to play.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Semih is going to score a hat trick this match...
That would be great, but I'd love for Fenerbahce to get three goals full stop.

Also, selfishly I hope this is a close and competitive match: Fenerbahce wins, but EsEs still looks good and carries on through the rest of the season. FB blowing out and demoralizing EsEs in Eskisehir would not make me happy ;)

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Another thing that will be great is tonight will be one of the very few away matches where there is actually a great atmosphere supporting the home team :)

Turkiye needs more of that!

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Line-up:

Güiza
Uğur - Alex - Semih
Selçuk - Maldonado
Volkan​

·