Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why doesn't anyone make match threads around here? The game is tomorrow, Friday 26th (20:00 TT).

Alex, Semih and Edu are all in the squad. Here's the complete list:

Volkan Babacan, Mert Fehmi Günok, Gökhan, Önder, Lugano, Edu, R.Carlos, Maldonado, Selçuk, Kazım, Burak, Alex, Semih, Emre, Uğur, Gürhan, Yasin, İlhan, Güiza.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Why doesn't anyone make match threads around here?
Isn't this a reflection of the real attitude at most at Fenerbahce? While Yildrim and others say the league is important, they really don't pay attention to because of an attitude of 'been there done that' AND there is still one thing Galatasaray can hold over their heads: The UEFA cup.

So it's more glamourous to discuss the Europe match and a match thread for a CL match 3 weeks away opens up well before a league match a few days away partly because of this attitude.

My 2 cents....

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
As for this match, this will be a test if FB is turning the corner, or if the depth in the squad is worth anything. There are tons of players out, but last week Onder showed some promise, and Guiza got his first league goal. I hope this good form carries on...

Volkan B
Gokhan - Lugano - Onder - Carlos
Moldonado
Burak - Alex - Emre - Ugur
Guiza

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Isn't this a reflection of the real attitude at most at Fenerbahce? While Yildrim and others say the league is important, they really don't pay attention to because of an attitude of 'been there done that' AND there is still one thing Galatasaray can hold over their heads: The UEFA cup.

So it's more glamourous to discuss the Europe match and a match thread for a CL match 3 weeks away opens up well before a league match a few days away partly because of this attitude.

My 2 cents....
wow thos are some strong words. maybe from the yonetims view, but as supporters i think its fair to say that people may look foreward to watching the european games more as perhaps they are more appealing to the eye. i certainly had more excitement watching the games against chelsea and inter than against konya or IBB.

but i did watch almost all the games last year and of course each game should be just as important. i agree with you on the yonetim perspective but i dont know about the rest..

·
*the drum drum*
42,879 Posts
How long a ban did Volkan get?

Fanatik reports that he was handed a one match ban, but that yesterday his ban was overturned. Yes, overturned after he's already served a one match suspension, make sense of it, even electronic brain pancake crystal elderly.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
The only reason why Im not active is that Fenerbahce isn't exciting me with their 'away' games.

Home games Im all for it :D

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Volkan Demirel's two-match ban has been reduced to one .. after midnight.
He's flying out on a private jet along with Aziz Y today. Luis can pick this Volkan or the other.

P.S.
Volkan'ı kadroya almadı
"...dün takımla Sivas’a götürülmeyen Volkan’ın cezası yapılan itiraz üzerine kaldırılmasına rağmen, milli kalecinin kadroya alınmayacağı bildirildi."

Errr..., Aragones told the club Volkan needs not to travel. That's it. Or does somebody else decide these things? :)

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, we're most likely to lose that's why nobody's turning up here. :D

P.S.
Volkan'ı kadroya almadı
"...dün takımla Sivas’a götürülmeyen Volkan’ın cezası yapılan itiraz üzerine kaldırılmasına rağmen, milli kalecinin kadroya alınmayacağı bildirildi."

Errr..., Aragones told the club Volkan needs not to travel. That's it. Or does somebody else decide these things? :)
Good! Aragones should put his foot down. He's the manager not Aziz Yildirim.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Away game at Sivas. this could be a long frustrating match. We really need 3 points here to keep on track in the league and a booster for the CL game tuesday.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Starting 11:

Volkan Babacan, Lugano, Roberto Carlos, Emre, Kazım, Alex, Güiza, Önder, Selçuk, Maldonado, Gökhan.

Alex fit to start, maybe not risking Semih and Edu.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Semih is warming up and looks ok, slide tackling and everything :D. Might see him in the later stages of the game

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Babacan
Gökhan --- Önder --- Lugano --- Roberto
Colin --- Selçuk --- Claudio --- Emre
Alex --- Daniel

Petkovic
Murat --- Diallo --- Fabio --- Hayrettin
Kanfory --- Musa --- Faruk --- Sezer
Sergio --- Mehmet

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
a Sivas player just took a Carlo's freekick to the head, ouch

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Selcuk again. i wanna know what goes through his head when he's out there

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
freekick Alex saved by Petkovic, and Onder couldnt put it the rebound, it bounced off him. First good chance of the game

1 - 20 of 114 Posts