Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
*the drum drum*
42,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The two oldest surviving football clubs in Turkey come head to head in what must be seen as a title decider.

What I expect from this match really depends on how it's officiated. The first and most obvious case is that I don't want to play with 10, 9 or 8 men again. The second, less obvious case is how strict the referee is in general, because if like most he'll allow us to be kicked and pushed off the ball in order for the opposition to kill our dictative tempo then Galatasaray just might be able to get something from the game.

There was no official statement on why Maldonado was out last week, but Selcuk has to be dropped after his performance last weekend, he'll get sent off in a flash against Galatasaray if he pulls out those same wild tackles. Not to mention he'll have assisted a goal or two for them before hand :rollani:

Ugur will probably keep his place at left back after a great performance last weekend, so Kazim & Deivid on the wings. Everyone else is fit, and in the choice of who plays upfront it'll probably be Kezman again.

·
*the drum drum*
42,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Derby matches this season;

League
Besiktas (h) : 2-1 (Deivid, Semih)
Galatasaray (h) : 2-0 (Semih, Deivid)
Trabzonspor (h) : 3-2 (Deivid, Semih, Alex)
Besiktas (a) : 2-1 (Alex x 2)

Cup
Galatasaray (h) : 0-0
Galatasaray (a) : 1-2 (Gokhan, Cakir x 14)

Super Cup
Besiktas (n) : 2-1 (Deivid, Kezman)

Last season
League
Besiktas (h) : 0-0
Trabzonspor (a) : 2-1 (Aurelio, Appiah)
Galatasaray (h) : 2-1 (Alex, Kezman)
Besiktas (a) : 1-0 (Kezman)
Trabzonspor (h) : 2-2 (Tuncay, Deivid) - played in Izmir
Galatasaray (a) : 2-1 (Edu, Lugano)

Cup
Besiktas (a) 0-1
Besiktas (h) 1-1 aet (Tumer)

So in total, with Zico, our league and total records are;

Code:
[B]           Pl  W  D  L  F   A +/-  Pts[/B]
[B]League[/B]     10  8  2  0  18  9  +9  26
[B]Total[/B]      15  9  4  2  22 14  +8  29
Goals
5 - Deivid
4 - Alex
3 - Semih, Kezman
1 - Aurelio, Tumer, Appiah, Edu, Lugano, Tuncay, Gokhan

·
Registered
690 Posts
We've never lost a league derby with Zico, and I hope that impressive stat will continue. I'm betting on a 2-1 win for Fenerbahce, but a 1-0, or a draw is also possible as you have mentioned.. depending how ref officiates the game.

I do hope we have clean football, and lots of attacking from both sides. This will certainly be one of the good games before the long break. Not counting the game against Trabzonspor because.. honestly I'm having hard time remembering the last time they were looked as competition..

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
the way I look at it is like this: We are still in first, so it's ours to lose. I think it will be a draw and that wouldn't be the best result but also not the worst. 3 points here would be great and would hopefully wrap up the league.

·
*the drum drum*
42,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Three points here would be 90% of the way to winning the title. It would put us 3 points ahead of Galatasaray and also Sivasspor (if they win against Denizlispor), meaning one win in the next two matches would secure the title.

Galatasaray officials are perhaps throwing out the first indications of this one, saying it will not be an attractive or good quality match. Quite possibly letting on that they know they can't outplay us by being the better side, so they'll try bringing us down. You know how it is, pres pres pres, chase us off the pitch.

It worked for them in the Cup ties, even discarding the Cakir fiasco, they did get a very respectable 0-0 draw in the first leg. But if we play with Semih, Alex, Deivid, Kazim, Aurelio & Maldonado through midfield and attack, 6 players who are extremely confident and comfortable on the ball, I don't know if it'll work for them this time ;)

P.S - more importantly, those 6 players are effective in their confidence & comfort on the ball. It's not like Selcuk or Wederson, more comfortable & confident than Zinedine Zidane, to theirs and the teams detriment :D

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
if they mark Alex and Semih tight then Kazim and Deivid will get some space. I think Kazim might have what i like to call a "breakout" game. He has the chance to shine in the biggest game in Turkey with everyone watching. He will bust out the moves and the skills so watch him. I'm expecting a big game from him.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Well nobody can stress how big this game is. Statistics are in our favour, but this is football and anything can happen. I hope our players are very concentrated for this game.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
I put a fiver for 3 red cards to show up in this match.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
This match all depends on the referee imo.

As Tolga mentioned, we all know what's going to happen in this derby. Blatantly a repeat of the cup game where GS opted a hard pressing tactic and played aggressively to shut us down. The ref in the cup game let it all go and the match turned into a disgrace.

If the ref this Sunday will be anything like the one in that game, then GS will come out victorious. We'll get a dozen yellow cards and a couple red cards (I expect a early red card) and GS will get away with it once again. He'll call most of the 50/50 challenges in favour of them to bring us down.

In the end, GS will probably win, the media won't mention anything about the ref or game expect that GS beat us and are now closer to becoming champions.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
honestly, if we lose to a team that lost to Bordeaux, tied Wien and 1-5 to Leverkusen then this season in the league might just come to a disapointment.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Galatasaray can not beat us by playing pure football. We know that, they know that -- The whole ****ing World knows that.

But.. who's to say they won't for once try to?

I mean, they have tried everything else before. Dirty tactics, one sided refs, and even the anadolu style football (y'know, the.. "defend till death" tactic).. And we still came out victorious.

I hope that they try to play good football, as I'm sure the derby will have the European attention.. especially since we've done so well in this seasons CL. If not for their own pride (if they have any, that is).. than for Turkish footballs sake..

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
I mean, they have tried everything else before. Dirty tactics, one sided refs, and even the anadolu style football (y'know, the.. "defend till death" tactic).. And we still came out victorious.
galatasaray played attacking football against fener the last 5 years or so, and lost like every game. so i dont know what you talking about basically.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
This match all depends on the referee imo.

As Tolga mentioned, we all know what's going to happen in this derby. Blatantly a repeat of the cup game where GS opted a hard pressing tactic and played aggressively to shut us down. The ref in the cup game let it all go and the match turned into a disgrace.

If the ref this Sunday will be anything like the one in that game, then GS will come out victorious. We'll get a dozen yellow cards and a couple red cards (I expect a early red card) and GS will get away with it once again. He'll call most of the 50/50 challenges in favour of them to bring us down.

In the end, GS will probably win, the media won't mention anything about the ref or game expect that GS beat us and are now closer to becoming champions.
Wow that ref sounds like Firat Aydinus or Kuddusi Muftuoglu. I really hope the ref is not one of those two.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Yeh, ne guluyon lan, yanlış bişey mi söyledik?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
April 27 (Sun) 19:00 Local Time (18:00 CET, 12:00 US ET)

You may want to check this page - or be ready to pay $12-15 on digiturkwebtv.com.

1 - 20 of 239 Posts