CB - Diego Lugano
CB - Edu Dracena
DM - Marco Aurelio
DM - Chook
LW - Uğur Boral
AM - Alex
FW - Mateja Kezman
RW/FW - Kazım or Semih

The only choice is upfront, Kezman is likely to start but whether Semih or Kazım fills in for Deivid isn't known. It'll probably be Kazım so that Semih can be saved to have an impact off the bench because in the opposite case with Semih starting there's no back-up plan should shit hit the fan.

Roberto Carlos is possibly going to be fit in time but probably won't start. People seem to think Maldonado will be in contention but that's about a 1% chance.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
gee thanks Tolga :D. anyways yea i think Kazim will start. Semih will come off the bench and grab 2 goals :pp. Why do you think Maldo won't start?

·
*the drum drum*
43,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It goes against Zico's methods to drop Chook for Maldonado now.

The chance to make them switch places was the Bursaspor match, but then Maldonado got injured and it gave Chook another few games to keep his spot.

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
zico is doing this very good. a sudden replacement of selcuk with maldonado would make him vulnerable.

·
*the drum drum*
43,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He does do it well, but IMO he tends to go a little over board with it.

In the end the aim is the same, to have all his players trust him and be assured that as long as they perform they will keep their place. It makes those not in the team work harder and those in the team maintain their level of performance.

But situations like Maldonado v Chook and now Kezman v Semih are a little odd. You absolutely know that Maldonado and Semih will do the job better, and you have a small reason to make the change, but Zico won't take that chance.

In the end it's the difference between a manager who gets the most out of his individuals and a manager who gets the most out of his team. I'm happy to have either at Fener after going through the likes of Lorant and even Daum.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
ahhh those Daum days, everyone used to get mad at me when I used to bash that cokehead non stop. Yet teams still go for these loser German coaches. Zico is a good coach gotta respct his decisions but all good coaches have their little flaws. Just like Zico and Selcuk back in the days it was Lucescu and Yasin Sulun at Besiktas.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
There's a report that the coach was not happy with Selcuk and will consider Maldo for the derbi.
People have been suggesting playing Onder before the Chelsea match and move Gokhan to Deivid's position. But I don't think the coach will do this. Because... that would be too Daum.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Bringing in a right back with no match fitness for a Champions League match would be Daum like. Fatih Akyel Man Utd 2005.

·
*the drum drum*
43,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When Gökhan signed I initially thought he'd end up the first choice right winger at the club. I thought Önder at right back was going to be hard to displace, but that Ali Bilgin wouldn't settle in on the right and Gökhan would get the chance.

Ali did struggle and Önder did play at a high standard, but Deivid made the right flank his own and Gökhan got one chance at right back and never looked back.

·
19,147 Posts
Yet teams still go for these loser German coaches.
yeah, they should get coaches like yilmaz vural instead. or turkish coaches in general. they are all so terribly good, i cant understand how greece got otto rehhagel for example. i mean, look how bad they are doing... :/ they need fatih terim to take them on another level i'd say...

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Well I'll agree that Turkish coaches are on the same level with German coaches. German's really know how to fukk up the chemistry in a team and destroy team spirits and kill off star players, yeaah Germans!! Werner Lorant is the German Yilmaz Vural, maniacal movements, stupid decisions (his infamous dealings with ortega) Kalli tearing the team apart (Lincoln, Nonda), the guy manages the team from his deathbed for fukks sake

·
19,147 Posts
Well I'll agree that Turkish coaches are on the same level with German coaches. German's really know how to fukk up the chemistry in a team and destroy team spirits and kill off star players, yeaah Germans!! Werner Lorant is the German Yilmaz Vural, maniacal movements, stupid decisions (his infamous dealings with ortega) Kalli tearing the team apart (Lincoln, Nonda), the guy manages the team from his deathbed for fukks sake
those are two terrible examples, it shows the terrible knowledge of our clubs when they go and get a guy like lorant for their team. lorant wasnt even near to coach another team in the german first division but 1860, the club which he brought there somehow. kalli was very succesful at his first time at gs, its not his fault that he's very old right now, its the clubs fault again. if you try to find other examples you'll see that german coaches are some of the most respected in the world, rehhagel made greece european champions, bernd schuster is on his way to make real champions again. what has any turkish coach ever done outside of turkey? even the thought of turkish coaches being on the level of german coaches is nothing but ridicilous. to say such a thing you must either be extremely biased or extremely ignorant.

·
19,147 Posts
you guys can hate germany as much as you want, all you do is to look pretty clueless if you say something along the lines of "turkey is a better footballing nation than germany". if an italian would say that, i'd consider discussing this, but turkey, come on, get real guys.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Schuster is about to be fired and if you think rehagel and Greece get any respect with their style of football then you're pretty biased yourself. Anyways I won't go through this debate on this thread any longer. Terim coached at Milan so that makes him a good coach? he did beat Inter in both games though. With a squad like Madrid has of course they will be succesful, why couldn't they get by Roma? if Capello was still there they would.

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
I agree with both of you, buzy you crack me up man, not only that you have some good posts len... and gravesends keep the posts coming :D

·
19,147 Posts
again :kiss: xtratime is filled with so much love lately :D

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
It's a good debate and with no name calling except for a few hidden ones like (cluless/biased/ignorant) but all in all it's good to air out your views, everyone has their opinions and they're sticking with'em!! :sweeteye:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts