Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
*the drum drum*
43,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the great football we've been playing recently we really can't afford to get too comfortable, and this will be a match to test that theory. If the team is too relaxed Kasımpaşa can prove an extremely tough nut to crack, don't just look at their league position and dismiss them.

They're playing some good football under new manager Uğur Tütüneker and are looking to pull off the most unlikely escape after being so far off the pace in last place. They're still last, but they're climbing and will fight hard until they're condemned to their fate.

This is the type of game we have to make sure of the points in, because we'll have a tough schedule coming around when the Champions' League resumes and the end of the season draws near.

I really, really hope we can get 90 minutes under Maldonado's belt in this game, he was brilliant in his 20-odd minutes against Konyaspor.

Thought since none of you seem to like opening threads, I'd at least get it done for you all nice and early :howler:

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
Keep an eye for Barbaros Barut, the defending midfielder of Kasimpasa. He was in the youth of Bayern, Besiktas was about to buy him in the winterstop but somehow they didnt.

Very strong player.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Tolga i was gonna open the thread but I was going to wait till like Wed i swear! :D Anyways we should get the 3 points here if, as you stated, the team doesn't get lazy. But at home I just can't see not winning this game. Hopefully they can put the result beyond doubt by halftime and then take it easy the 2nd half.

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
I'm really curious as to see who starts this match, Pirlo (Selcuk) or Maldonado, they both played solid last game... do you guys think we could use both of them along with aurelio on mid when we head out to chelsea?

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
i don't think so, because if we play with 3 DM's then either Alex or Kezman (or Semih) will have to be sacrificed and we would be lacking up front. Unless Zico plays a 3 back with 3 DM's, but I just can't see that happening.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
I'm really curious as to see who starts this match, Pirlo (Selcuk) or Maldonado, they both played solid last game... do you guys think we could use both of them along with aurelio on mid when we head out to chelsea?
Su Pirlo inadina birak yaaa

·
*the drum drum*
43,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It'd be silly to play with either a back three or with an extra holding midfielder away to Chelsea, because it's almost a sure thing they'll play a 4-3-3 at Stamford Bridge looking to utilise width through their many wingers. If we cut out the width in our team, we're just opening avenues for them to exploit.

Maybe Chook and Maldonado could play together in this game to give Aurelio a much needed rest, that wouldn't be so bad. Otherwise as mistake free and solid as Chook was this weekend, look at how Maldonado still stepped the team up another level. He made all the same tackles, and his passing and movement was always purposeful, as opposed to Chook's which reaked of "so long as I don't lose the ball".

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Hello? Match starts in 45 minutes...

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
im on digiturkwebtv but they havent started coverage yet i dunno what the hell they are waiting for

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
yea i was about too say fenerbahce.org hasn't even put out their lineup yet

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Serdar
Gökhan - Lugano - Edu - Vederson
Deivid - Aurelio - Selçuk - Uğur
Alex
Kezman​

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
damn, thought Claudio was gonna start :(

and why aren't we playing onder? shouldn't we get him some match fitness in preperation of the chelsea game?

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
damn, thought Claudio was gonna start :(

and why aren't we playing onder? shouldn't we get him some match fitness in preperation of the chelsea game?
Good point, idk really. Maybe he will in the next couple of games.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts