Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Juve secure di Michele deal ««
Juventus have bought Salernitana's Under-21striker David Di Michele for £10m.
The arrival of the young striker is however likely to signal the departure of another player, as Juve now have seven attcking names on their books: Di Michele, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Inzaghi, Kovacevic, Enaider and Christian Vieri's young brother Max. It's almost certain that Vieri jr. will be loaned to another team, maybe Reggina for at least a season. Still that would leave Juve with 6 strikers and since Esnaider refuses to leave, it is quite possible that one of either Darko Kovacevic or Filippo Inzaghi will be sold. AC Milan and Inter Milan would only be too happy to bid for Inzaghi.

Apparently, Inter was interested in this player too but once they found out about the price tag, even money rich Morratti gave up. So when Juve came asking, Salernitana lowered the fee.
And i just read that Inter have just signed and presented 'Mumo' Peralta which Glen said in the last few posts that Maradona acknowledged as a very good player, and was also a Juve target. If i'm not mistaken, Peralta is an attacking midfielder and he owns an Italian passport too. So i guess Inter ditched David Di Michele for Peralta huh?
But do u guys know any truth in Michele's purchase? Or was it just another hot rumour??:confused:

S

·
0 Posts
I saw him two seasons ago when he played right wing and performed pretty average performance. Last season he exploded inside the penalty area and scored 23(?) goals in Serie B. He’s young 23-24 and reminds me of the Inzaghi brothers. But I can’t see Juventus paying so much for such a inexperienced player and I can’t see him replacing Inzaghi or Kovacevic.

F

·
0 Posts
Don't know much about the purchase price but I have read elsewhere that Di Michele was purchased and loaned to Napoli. But I have yet to see anything from the Juve site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts