Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

FC BARCELONA vs CA BOCA JUNIORS
Camp Nou (Barcelona) | Sat, Aug 16 | 22:00

This is a new edition of the Trofeu Joan Gamper, the party of the barcelonistes. Once was the presentation of the team in front of the fans, but in this new era of TVs and official games in August, the trophy lost some magic.

In any case, this is a new chance for the Barça fans to watch the team playing at home again and the new faces of the squad.

The rival is the Argentinian giant Boca Juniors, once again. Boca Juniors also came to play the Joan Gamper in 1967, 1977 (these 2 years they didn't face us after they were defeated in semifinals), 1984 and 2003. For the history, in 1984, Boca Juniors received a historical 9-1 (did anyone wonder why El Loco Gatti hate us so much?... btw, when is he going to shoot himself in the head as he promised?) and, in 2003, in the presentation of Ronnie in Barcelona.

1984 - Semifinals

FC Barcelona 9-1 CA Boca Juniors
[1-0 Alexanco 29´, 2-0 Archibald 31´, 3-0 Archibals 36´, 4-0 Caldere 55´,
5-0 Alexanco 60´, 7-0 Carrasco 69´, 7-1 Morena (p) 73´,
8-1 Esteban 81´, 9-1 Marcos 86´]
Carrasco, Esteban, Marcos].
FC Barcelona: Urruti (Amador); Sanchez, Alexanco, Migueli (Moratalla), Julio Alberto,
Victor, Schuster (Esteban), Caldere, Carrasco, Archibald, Rojo (Marcos).
Boca Juniors: Gatti; Alvez (Berta), Cordoba, Pasucci, Alberto, Mouzo, Abdenebe,
Krassowky (Majabos), Morena, Vazquez, Mendoza (Sotelo)

2003 - Single game

FC Barcelona 1-1 CA Boca Juniors [Fc Barcelona 5-3 on pen.]
[0-1 Tévez 42´, 1-1 Gerard 67´]
FC Barcelona: Valdés (46 Rustu), Puyol, Márquez (46 Andersson), Cocu, Reiziger,
Xavi, Gerard, Luis Enrique, Overmars (63 Luis García), Ronaldinho
(76 Quaresma), Saviola (46 Kluivert).
Boca Juniors: Abbondanzieri, Jerez, Schiavi, Burdisso, Rodríguez, Cascini, Battaglia,
Cagna, Barros Schelotto (72 Donnet), Iarley (72 Villarreal), Tévez.
Referee : Manuel Mejuto González
Estadio Camp Nou; Att: 90.075

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
Don't jinx us and play Samu in this match. Last Gamper he got injured. :(

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
No?

If i saw him I'd personally bend down & kiss his feet..

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He can't stop talking bad about Barcelona... always. I don't really know why he hates us. Perhaps it's because he started with drugs here, although he never looked too ashamed of this anyway. No idea.

In any case, just read his comments on the press about the Messi thing and... well, words speak by themselves. He's sick though... poor pathetic man.

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
He can't stop talking bad about Barcelona... always. I don't really know why he hates us. Perhaps it's because he started with drugs here, although he never looked too ashamed of this anyway. No idea.

In any case, just read his comments on the press about the Messi thing and... well, words speak by themselves. He's sick though... poor pathetic man.
Didn't he have a falling out with the president here or something?

Anyway he's still a legend in my eyes - partly for just cheating the English in the '86 WC :proud:

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts

I won't hijack this thread off topic but I don't remember him bad mouthing Barca, maybe when it had to do with Messi and Argentina? If anything I remember him giving us major props after winning La Liga back to back and the CL. I got love for the G.O.A.T. and he'll always be my #1, at least on my list.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I remember maradona advising messi to join inter milan a few years ago, beacause they "are bigger than barca". for that reason alone I have no respect for him.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I won't hijack this thread off topic but I don't remember him bad mouthing Barca, maybe when it had to do with Messi and Argentina? If anything I remember him giving us major props after winning La Liga back to back and the CL. I got love for the G.O.A.T. and he'll always be my #1, at least on my list.
The list is endless... like the day we sold Ronaldinho...
http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=511182&idseccio_PK=803

... or the day he said Messi had no personality... or the day he said that "Barcelona give you millions, Argentina the glory"... when the last thing they won was twenty something years ago...

... or the way he talked about us about Riquelme (what a piece of shit too, btw).

He's a great player, the best I've ever seen, but along with Hierro and Hugo Sanchez, the biggest idiot of the history of football.

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=511182&idseccio_PK=803

... or the day he said Messi had no personality... or the day he said that "Barcelona give you millions, Argentina the glory"... when the last thing they won was twenty something years ago...
I'm sure he has opinions here and there, after all you had a few nice things to say about Messi as well K4. :pp

Seriously if you know Diego, not on a personal level off course, you know he'll have something to say about anything in this world from Politics, Religion, Football....to about anything that comes to mind. It's obvious he sticks his nose in everything that pops up. Sometimes it's expected from him to have public opinions when you're as big and infamous, and of course the media loves nothing more than sticking a mic in front of him. Now I'm not saying I agree or cosign anything he says but I don't hate the guy nor will I name him in the same sentence with two dumb asses, Hierro and Hugo.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
It's a shame Cáceres will miss this game. With Dani Alves out it would've been a good opportunity to start Cáceres on the right.

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
what an amazing game this will be if both teams play it with an offensive minded spirit! damn it i would so have wanted this to be my first game in the Nou camp... but i just couldnt get around to leaving work and travel to see this...

i'm so dissapointed... i was planning to come to this one...

well the game will be on TV :( ...

we'll be without Messi and Alves.. among others

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
what an amazing game this will be if both teams play it with an offensive minded spirit! damn it i would so have wanted this to be my first game in the Nou camp... but i just couldnt get around to leaving work and travel to see this...

i'm so dissapointed... i was planning to come to this one...

well the game will be on TV :( ...

we'll be without Messi and Alves.. among others
And Caceres and Sanchez. I think those are the only players unavailable at the moment under Guardiola's disposal.

·
Registered
11,296 Posts

... or the way he talked about us about Riquelme (what a piece of shit too, btw).

He's a great player, the best I've ever seen, but along with Hierro and Hugo Sanchez, the biggest idiot of the history of football.
:) Hierro:yuck::yuck: he tops my list.. nobody even comes close

Poor Messi for the position he was in. If he willingly joined the Argentina National team the hardcore Cules would have branded him an abandoner or something. If he willingly stayed with Barca the people in Argentina would call him a traitor who lacks patriotism....

so he decided to shut up and let people decided for him...

so there comes Maradona branding him a weak personality for not talking. Maradona has neither the intellect to evaluate the position Messi was in nor the morals to appreciate and consider both sides' point of views.

what a classy guy Messi is... he really emerged from this sticky situation as clean as possible because it could have grown out of proportion.. Maradona certainly did not make things easier.. he bad mouthed Messi in the most difficult time making the headlines cheaply for the wrong reasons once again.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Maradona has the problem that a lot of ex-footballers have, he opens his mouth ALL the time and just spews opinions out. :D

Of course, being the man that made me a football fan in the first place, I would still instantly kill at his command. :D

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,015 Posts
Damn, it will be madrugada in my country when the game starts.. I guess I'll just watch the replays tomorrow.

VBI, your football site is hillarious!! :howler:
Is that Serra Ferrer picture on the icon?

1 - 20 of 195 Posts