Xtratime Community banner

Who is the player who in your opinion would be the best replacement?

• Mark Viduka

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Pedro Pauleta

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Alberto Luque

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Someone else, and who then?

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Neither of them, if Tristan leaves, Makaay and Pandiani will be enough.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Mario Jardel

Votes: 1 3.0%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Diego Tristán might leave this summer, preferably after the World Cup, it's nothing we can do about it. He wants Roma, has said that he'd like to play for one of the big clubs some day and they seem to want him. Capello is a huge admirer of his abilities, Capello is a coach who likes to dictate to buy the players who wants to work with and has just signed a new contract with Roma. Besides, the debts of Depor might force us to sell Tristán anyway.
Who is the player who in your opinion would be the best replacement? If we're lucky he doesn't leave, then just vote who would you like to see playing for Depor.
1) Mark Viduka, plays for Leeds, but hasn't been successful this season. Seems to be Irureta's favourite;).

2)Pauleta, a former player of Depor, right now highly successful at Bordeaux, French league top scorer and competing for the Golden Shoe:).

3)Alberto Luque, Spanish talent who hasn't had much of the possiblity to show his skills at Mallorca, quite weak midfield etc.

*)Someone else, and who then?

*)Neither of them, if Tristán leaves, Makaay and Pandiani will be enough.

Please vote and comment:).

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I voted for Alberto Luque who we'll face today in the match against Mallorca. He is young and talented, has good technique and IMO would perfectly fit in at Depor, if not so well in his first season, like Diego Tristán, he should be a star in the second one. And possibly the cheapest choice. I hope Luque impresses the team today but doesn't score:D.
Pauleta is a good option too, his advantage is that he plays well as an only striker.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I voted Pauleta, he seems to have gotten his confidence back and is scoring like crazy in France! But the thing is, either he is willing to come back and show people they were wrong in shipping him out or he is pissed about it and wants nothing to do with Depor...

No way Mark Viduka! :yuck:

Luque is going to Real, dont touch! :D

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Nice post Bailemos;)
I voted Pauleta, Viduka is shockingly bad and to see him playing at Depor would be ****, better that he stays with a ****ty team like leeds, as micke said from what ive heard Luque is defnitely not goin to Depor, i know Irueta aint interested but maybe Jardel would be a good signing or maybe not??:D
Anyway id be very happy if we'd sign Tristan he is an immense talent and im sure he and Montella would play togheter very nicely;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mark Viduka is good and seems not much spanish defender would mark him effectively.
Dani of barcelona is my personal favourite as he always score the goal when he's in-the-form

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
What about Cisse??

he's you with great pace and would add explosiveness to the front line.

he might be the easier of all the signings

·
Registered
281 Posts
Cissé is a really good fotballplayer but I don't know if he would fit in, in Spain. Otherwise you're right.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm worried about what impression did Luque leave to Irureta, wasting his one-on-one against Molina yesterday...:(. Seems that both Real Madrid and Barcelona would like to sign him, but only if Tristán really leaves. He should see plenty of advantages in joining our club. At Real he would be Morientes' substitute, at Barca Kluivert's. But here... a squad rotation player together with Makaay;).

Denis, we don't know how Tristán and Montella would play together, and we wouldn't want to ruin Tristán's career with this transfer, would we;)?
Jardel is a good player indeed, plays in the quite weak Portuguese league but scores like hell. Good idea:cool:. He isn't neither young or Spanish though:(.

I'm afraid that the big clubs of Europe will all be after Cissé in the end of this great season, Che. The guy's not for us:doh:. And if the French take him to the WC and he's OK there, we have no chance.

Amoroso is Dortmund's only decent striker, I doubt that they would sell him. And he has a good team behind him, why would he want to come if they even get a Champions League place next season:)?.

Thanks for your replies and suggestions:).

·
Registered
518 Posts
I haven't voted yet, because i doubt between wishful thinking (Luque) and reality (Tamudo). Both are young and full of talent. But Luque is bound for Real Madrid, so Tamudo is more of a reality...

·
Registered
518 Posts
Rumours have started about Tamudo and De Lucas signing for Deportivo...

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:( Why not save this money to make one offer to buy Luque, I don't get it. Still, I'm almost sure that neither De Lucas or Tamudo, Luque or whoever will be signed if none of our players leave, besides Emerson and Hélder whose leaving seems sure. We'll see about them tomorrow, how's their form and if they're good enough;).

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I personally think we don't need them, at least currently of course. Let's suggest that Tristán leaves, we sign Tamudo- it would depend on current form if he got on the field as a starter but I'd select Makaay instead. Makaay is a terrific player, just hasn't had enough time to play maybe this season thanks to Tristán's success. If Luque would surely be a squad rotation player together with Makaay, then Tamudo... not so sure. Don't sign Tamudo...:(

·
Registered
518 Posts
Depends on the prize. I think that Tamudo is an excellent young Spanish player, comparable to Luque... and Luque hasn't scored since a while........

1 - 20 of 48 Posts