Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feyenoord vrijwel rond met Östlund

Feyenoord is volgens het Algemeen Dagblad zo goed als rond met de Zweedse international Alexander Östlund (26). De twaalfvoudig international van Hammarby IF werd maandag medisch gekeurd in Rotterdam en wordt mogelijk al vandaag gepresenteerd. Ook de Amerikaanse proefspeler Cory Gibbs krijgt waarschijnlijk een contract aangeboden.

Dat Feyenoord-trainer Ruud Gullit niet tevreden is over zijn defensie, is een publiek geheim. De Rotterdamse club werd de afgelopen weken dan ook met diverse spelers in verband gebracht. De naam Östlund kwam echter op geen enkel lijstje voor. De fysiek sterke Zweed, in eigen land luisterend naar de bijnaam Atilla de Hun, wordt gehaald voor de rechtsbackpositie. Tijdens Euro 2004 speelde Östlund ook op die plek. In de kwartfinale tegen Nederland kwam hij in de Zweedse ploeg om het potentiële gevaar van Arjen Robben in te dammen. Östlund speelde die avond een goede wedstrijd, maar kon niet voorkomen dat Robben de beslissende penalty in de strafschoppenreeks benutte.

Volgens het AD zijn de onderhandelingen met Hammarby in een vergevorderd stadium. Met de komst van Östlund en Gibbs komt het aantal nieuwe verdedigers dat deze winterstop naar De Kuip kwam op vier. Eerder haalde Feyenoord al de Braziliaan André Bahia en de Bulgaar Ivan Bandalovski. Daar staat tegenover dat Song Chong-Gug terugkeerde naar Zuid-Korea.
----

Does that mean no Neretljak? Huh? weird..

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
NICKY HOFS PER DIRECT NAAR FEYENOORD

Feyenoord en Vitesse hebben overeenstemming bereikt over de tussentijdse komst van Nicky Hofs. De middenvelder, die in eerste instantie het seizoen zou afmaken in Arnhem, komt nu per direct naar Rotterdam. Hofs traint morgen voor het eerst met de selectie van Ruud Gullit mee.

Hofs zou in principe zondag al kunnen debuteren voor zijn nieuwe werkgever. Saillant detail is dat de tegenstander in De Kuip dan uitgerekend Vitesse is, de ploeg waar Hofs tot gisteren onder contract stond.

---

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Don't think so cause this guy is a rightback and Neretljak is a left footed central defender. We only have Bahia for that position and perhaps Paauwe, but we all saw how that worked out.

BTW I'm sure 'het legioen' will love all these foreign signings, especially cause they're all such household names. :rolleyes: :D

Hofs too? It seems Gullit is more scared than I initially thought! :eek:

·
Registered
59,143 Posts
Pretty happy with the signings. Ostlund should slot into the team quite well I think judging his euro 2004 performances. Only question I have is about his offensive qualities, but just look at him. THe legion will love him cos of his face reminding them of someone, I'm sure :D

Hofs on paper looks good for Gullits diamond system as he can play as AMC or RM. INow up to him to show if he's good enough

and Gibbs who'll sign a 1,5 year contract in the next day or so looks athletic at least. But yeah where does this leave our Croatian friend :undecide: and if he comes, where does this leave Paauwe?! really seems like he's going :eek:

·
Registered
59,143 Posts

:shades:

Fees btw:

Hofs 150.000 euros

Cory Gibbs: 770.000 euros (1 million $)

Ostlund: 0 euros. TRANSFERFREE since his contract had run out at Hammarby. He also had a trial with Blackburn last week. Seems like we handled quickly and cleverly for once.

Good business if they can impress and a big :thmbup: especially to Wotte then if it works out . :excited:

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Now I remember the guy! Thanks for posting the pic. Wally.

He's pretty dirty from what I recall (as seen in the pic), but as long as they play for us, I like 'm that way. :D

Now with all of these signings Gullit can't possibly find anymore excuses for his failure. Mess it up now Ruud, and you're gone!

·
Registered
59,143 Posts

boooooo :frustrat: he's got rid of his long hair :( but still looks scary enough for me :D

Just seen he cost absolutely nothing hence me editing my post above. Excellent business if you ask me :cool:

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Drulo said:
He's pretty dirty from what I recall (as seen in the pic)
You don't have to do much to make Robben cry anyway :crybaby:

Anyway, now that Gullit got his signings, he indeed should be able to get some results... You'll probably still finish 4th but with the way it was going before the break, you were heading for Intertoto...

·
Registered
59,143 Posts
Kluivert said:
You'll probably still finish 4th but with the way it was going before the break, you were heading for Intertoto...
I fear you're right there. Unless AZ collapse again (won't happen I think ), 4th place will be where we finish realistically but hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised, but yeah with those performances against ADO and the likes, it really did look like we'd even end behind Heerenveen and the likes :eek:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
You're right that Ostlund at least looks like a typical Feyenoord-player, before he went to have a haircut even a bit more like you said. Also skillwise he should be better than the options that have been at Feyenoord since Emerton. And the Aussie wasn't a real rightback really. I think for the team being he could he a solid option. Only hope that it will mean that Gullit will shut up for the moment then. He has been given has signings, so if it goes wrong now it's his fault.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the entire defence is going to consist of new guys?! :eek:

Ostlund looks cool, I dont like real beards but wearing the Swedish dress he looks gay with it, now he looks like a fighter :shades: :D

·
Registered
23,982 Posts
Östlund actually isn´t coming on a free transfer, but his contract was due to expire in less than a year. Speculations in Sweden indicate that the transfer fee is in the region of 500.000-800.000 Euro.

About his offensive qualities, he actually started his career as a forward. Then he was used as a winger at Norrköping and finally as a wing-back. He usually helps out quite a bit in attack. He has pretty good stamina so he runs up and down the field a lot.

·
Registered
59,143 Posts
Nacka said:
Östlund actually isn´t coming on a free transfer, but his contract was due to expire in less than a year. Speculations in Sweden indicate that the transfer fee is in the region of 500.000-800.000 Euro.
alright, that's one less Dutch footie site I'll be using to look up for info :D thanks btw!

As for the Croat, I reckon he's our second choice just in case the Gibbs transfer falls through. We've agreed personal terms with the American but still are negotiating about the transferfee with the MLS which is around 1 million dollars.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Baz, Goor has become the new captain. Ono might even find it hard to grab a starting place again if everything goes well with the new players and system.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Goor's probably been the best signing we've made over the summer. Every match he plays, I value him more and he's obviously a very stable person. So I applaud this move.

Paauwe should indeed move on, perhaps try in the Bundesliga where I think he'd fit right in. Although he was played out of position, his performances have only been going downhill these last years.

As for the new guys

ÖSTLUND EN HOFS TRAINEN VOOR HET EERST MEE

De nieuwkomers Alexander Östlund en Nicky Hofs hebben woensdagochtend voor het eerst meegetraind bij Feyenoord. De komst van zowel de Zweedse international als de middenvelder van Vitesse werd gisteren definitief. Östlund en Hofs zijn beiden speelgerechtigd voor het duel van zondag met Vitesse. Ruud Gullit had woensdag, afgezien van de aan zijn lies geblesseerde Patrick Paauwe, een complete selectie tot zijn beschikking.

Paauwe, die zijn blessure opliep tijdens het trainingskamp in Gran Canaria, trainde apart en verliet voortijdig het trainingsveld. Of de verdediger inzetbaar is tegen Vitesse, is nog onzeker. ´Het zal geen kwestie van weken zijn, maar het is nu nog te vroeg om te zeggen of hij zondag fit genoeg is om te spelen´, aldus clubarts Robbart van Linschoten.

·
Registered
59,143 Posts
Kluivert said:
But he'll let it grow again ;)
:thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :proud: :D

Yep it'd Goor. Good move I reckon too. Only other candidate would have been Kuijt but strikers usually aren't captains.

No news still on our 3rd signing btw :confused: I'm guessing the negotiations with the MLS aren't going well. Otherwise the deal would have already been done. But Gullit really wants this Gibbs guy, otherwise we'd have already signed the Croat who is cheaper anyways.

·
Registered
59,143 Posts
KOMST GIBBS DEFINITIEF, MAAR INZETBAARHEID ZONDAG VRAAGTEKEN

De transfer van Cory Gibbs naar Feyenoord is definitief, nu Feyenoord overeenstemming heeft bereikt met de MLS over de transfersom die voor de Amerikaan moet worden betaald. Of Gibbs zondag tegen Vitesse al kan spelen is echter zeer twijfelachtig, omdat er nog geen werkvergunning is en er in de Verenigde Staten nog een aantal andere formaliteiten rond de transfer van de verdediger moet worden afgerond.

Cory Gibbs tekende bij Feyenoord een contract voor 4,5 jaar. Hij is gehaald voor de positie van centrale verdediger en zal met rugnummer 25 gaan spelen.

Number 3 is in the bag as expected :) looked decent pre-season. Guess we can only really judge him after he plays for us in some league games but so far from what I've been reading, he seems a solid buy.

Still I wonder what'll happen with our Croatian friend. Any news on him from the Croatian side? Maybe he'll come in the summer if Paauwe goes, who knows

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Wally said:
Still I wonder what'll happen with our Croatian friend. Any news on him from the Croatian side? Maybe he'll come in the summer if Paauwe goes, who knows
Apparently, that Croatian guy Mato Neretljak is set to sign with Korean Club Suwon Samsung. Yep that's right, it's the team who bought Song from you guys. :shades: What a relationship here between Feyenoord and Suwon :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts