Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
17,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Show your respect for the great man. He has come in and has been easily one of our best purchases in years. Best thing since Edgar Davids.

·
Administrator
53,557 Posts
30 whiplashes for all of us, for all the stick we gave him (even if valid considering what we knew) in the transfer thread for months before he came :stuckup:

Serie A signing of the season, no debate!

P.S Get use to me mass spamming with these pics (as I already have) for the remainder of this season :proud:

·
Registered
17,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I admit i was totally wrong about his transfer, but i did say i thought he had the potential to be a useful player for us.

But damn, this guy has really lit up the league since arriving. With every game he gets better and better.

May it long continue.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
He's been awesome, got to say I was really wrong about him, I laughed a lot when I heard you were spending lots of money on him. ;)

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
:proud:

·
Administrator
53,557 Posts
His decision making has (knows when to make simple passes and when not to), weirdly enough, his long passing is good enough (on point), but his short passing can be sketchy sometimes (hits it too hard etc), but he has limited it and seems to have learnt whatever tips he is being told. Accurate enough so far.

Mainly because his confidence has gone up rapidly from game to game. So even if his poor intelligence/reading in passing is something not you can change (can freeze up at times), him hitting poor passes in the past seems to be more about his all time low confidence he played with, instead of being unable to pass.

But thats his passing which he has been decent in, there is no words worthy enough to describe how IMMENSE his overall defensive work is. I kid you not in seeing him all alone going up against a whole midfield and covering and owning them all by himself (particular instances of seeing him chase the ball when it changes owner 4-5 times and finally get it, immense). The amount of dangerous breakthroughhs and counters he has stopped himself so cleanly is staggering. In short, his displays so far all like the Barca game he had for you.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
I thought it was a horrible signing to be honest, he made me eat my words :D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
18,451 Posts
But thats his passing which he has been decent in, there is no words worthy enough to describe how IMMENSE his overall defensive work is. I kid you not in seeing him all alone going up against a whole midfield and covering and owning them all by himself (particular instances of seeing him chase the ball when it changes owner 4-5 times and finally get it, immense). The amount of dangerous breakthroughhs and counters he has stopped himself so cleanly is staggering. In short, his displays so far all like the Barca game he had for you.
+10000

Absolutely amazing how Ranieri has the ability to put two soft skillful midfielders next to Sissoko because he knows Mohammed is still going to engulf the midfield. Incredible how he stopped EVERYTHING at the half-field today with great tackles from all directions. Very very good athlete also. Not too bad with the ball.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
His decision making has (knows when to make simple passes and when not to), weirdly enough, his long passing is good enough (on point), but his short passing can be sketchy sometimes (hits it too hard etc), but he has limited it and seems to have learnt whatever tips he is being told. Accurate enough so far.

Mainly because his confidence has gone up rapidly from game to game. So even if his poor intelligence/reading in passing is something not you can change (can freeze up at times), him hitting poor passes in the past seems to be more about his all time low confidence he played with, instead of being unable to pass.

sounds right. I'm assuming you are running a 4-5-1 or some formation that doesn't depend on 2 central midfielders a la 4-4-2? I always noticed he did better in a 4-5-1 occupying the DM position like DIDI. but he had more legs and energy than anyone I've seen in a long time. Great tackler and winner of the ball.. but his distribution is a bit limited. It seems you guys optimized his performance though, which is good. I think Pool had too many midfield destroyers/all rounders for him to get a real whiff. Also a confidence player, when he was with us we were sort of up and down too much, can get to a player but I'm glad he's sitting in well for you guys. Really hard worker and can do a job he's asked.

·
Administrator
53,557 Posts
He plays mostly in 4-4-2 actually, but also been in 4-3-3s where he is playing with Camo and Neddie in midfield and he is all alone doing the defensive work in the center. But regardless if he is alone or not centrally,he handles the biz...:shades:

My fav Momo pic so far, Silent ninja assassin after he has filled his casualty quota :devil:

Smiling to have disposed of his victims infront everyone without anyone noticing:skull: :howler:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.