·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name: Mikel Amatriain Arteta
Date of birth: 26 mars 1982 / Place of birth: San Sebastian, Spain
Height: 1m76 / Weight: 69 kg
Role: Central midfielder

In PSG's clouded sky and in those difficult times for the French championship and PSG, someone has managed to put smile back on my face: Arteta.

Talentuous but sober, pacy but reflected, young but without all the implicit shortcomings that go with youth (such as clumsiness, hesitation and lack of confidence), he's the control tower in central midfield. How many balls did he recuperate and instantaneously launch forward in a simple and efficient way? Without mentioning his 2 assists this season...

Since being approached by Rangers officials a couple of weeks ago, he is on the side of his capabilities. The drop of performance is clear. It's probably more in the head than anything else and even if officially, he did not play against OM due to an injured finger ( :rolleyes: ), it's pretty clear that Luis decided to do without him because -precisely- of that psychological problem. Had he fielded him and Ronaldinho as a starter ("Too tender for such an encounter" my ass! :rolleyes: ), perhaps we would have beaten Marseille, who knows?

I can't believe we might let him leave...to where? Rangers? Man, what do they have we don't exactly? Despite the last two rotten seasons, PSG has always been ambitious, luring future world-stars, and the means are there. What does he want more? Now if it's about money, I'm sure we can match Rangers' proposal of € 150.000 mensual wages. Let's not be stingy, dammit!! Especially as Okocha will surely leave meaning one big salary less to pay. Anyway, selling him for € 9m is just ludicrous! In a couple of years, his market value will have doubled, at least. A bright future in perspective. Future Spain NT material, no doubt about it. ;)

It's a loser's strategy to give away one's revelation of the year and that's exactly what Arteta has been to us this season. He's been our main man this season, guys, with a 3.48 general rating from France Football (8th position).

Paris must do whatever it takes to keep him at the Parc next season. He MUST stay! :strong:

What do you guys think?

Allez Paris!!!!
FORZA ARTETA !!!!

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I think he`s a superb talent. And I think he should be in the Barça squad as a back-up for Xavi. I`m glad that he has developed as good as he has in France, even if I would rather see him in a OM shirt than the PSG one.;)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
He's a superb player that can go up and down the field and take the ball away to create counter attacks for our Paris Saint-German like he's done all season but gosh darnit those Rangers rumours have pressued him and he's had a real bad time evr since that happened! It's just irritating how it effects him and he's one of those few players that we can eventually build our team around for a European Champions League run, IMO.

I've always though of him as a versitile player that can play on the right side of the pitch and also a DMC. Not to mention, just as he is listed a central defender. For some reason, i've seen him way too many times on the right wing, well not wing but the right midfeild then the central role, maybe we should adjust that eh?

I can assure you we will let him go if we don't make it to the Champions League and he won't be the only key player leaving, Ronaldinho will also leave. That's why i made a thread about the down to the wire thing and how crucial it will be! and this is further proof about it!

Btw, excellent post Stephanho. I can tell me and you and Leboeuf will be key posters in this forum! Tihihihi. :D

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Patrick said:
I can assure you we will let him go if we don't make it to the Champions League and he won't be the only key player leaving, Ronaldinho will also leave. That's why i made a thread about the down to the wire thing and how crucial it will be! and this is further proof about it!
Don't worry for that! I've been told that the PSG fanatics will make special wrappers at the attention of the player in order to ask him to stay! Watch the stands very carefully! It's gonna be hot in 6 days at the Parc! :tongue:;) I sure hope he doesn't get back to Spain and even less sign for... Rangers! :rolleyes:

On Ronaldinho (you just can't help yourself eh, can you? :D), the chances of keeping him in Paris are very thin obviously. Not making it to the Champion's League would be a major blow to our hopes and if he has a tremendous WC, then bye bye! :( That's too bad as I'm convinced he still needs a more year of maturation before joining an elite club of Spain or Italy (EPL is not for him :eek:). All parties would benefit from it. But between what's good and what's attractive, the choice is known, unfortunately...

Patrick - Arteta's indeed versatile, moving from left to the center. But he belongs to the central defensive midfield (listed as a central defender? You're sure? Hell no!), a bit à la Viera (due allowance being made, off course)...

xxxxx --- xxxxx --- xxxxx --- xxxxx
--------------- < Arteta ---------------

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Yes, my mistake. Mikael Arteta can play from the left to the right to back and front of the midfeild but he is no defender. I'm hoping we show him alot of love so that he'll feel welcomed to stay. Ronaldinho will mark my words have a spectacular World Cup and as much as i will cry and whine to see him go it will do our club some good finnancially, but you don't know how hard it is for me to say this eh? :D

If we make Champions League, i don't see the point in selling him though because we should breed him for another year if we make the CL so his price tag can blossum. :)

Allez PSG! :proud::star:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Patrick said:
If we make Champions League, i don't see the point in selling him though because we should breed him for another year if we make the CL so his price tag can blossum. :)
If a player is demanded by a club willing to show the green, that it suits both parties (eventhough the sum is ludicrous in this case but tell that to the management) and if the player wants to leave, there's nothing we can do to make him stay. Since the Bosman law, you can't force players to play for a certain club if they don't feel like it.

A strange thought just crossed my mind. What if Rangers and Celtic are allowed to play in the EPL next season? In these circumstances, why would Arteta want to remain in France as the EPL is more prestigious and has more opportunities. SPL sucks and can't be more attractive than the French championship, that was perhaps the main argument in favour of PSG. But what if?...

:angel::depress:

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Great to read that he's doing good at PSG :star: ... but I agree with Robban ... we need him back in Barcelona :nervous: :)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Hehe, yeah yeah whatever. Mikael will stay at Paris if we make the Champions League cut IMO. :)

·
Registered
892 Posts
Well he is leaving you and is now house-hunting around Glasgow. Rangers know how annoying it is when one of your best players leaves for anther club (Gio Van Bronckhorst) but he obviously thinks he would be better playing for Rangers. If you had beaten us in the Uefa cup then I think he might have stayed.
The SPL might not be one of the best in Europe but Rangers play in Europe every season.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Yep he has definetaly signed. As Eck' RFC says, we know how it feels and nearly suffered the same with Barry Ferguson although he has now agreed to stay.

£5.8m is a steal and we will sell him back to Barca in 3 yars for £15m+ I think.

BTW.....to answer your question.

Rangers knocked PSG out of Uefa(and we should have won easily) so maybe he just likes to play with better players ;)

And hey look on the bright side. RONALDINHO!

OT: How good is Hugo Leal?

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Hugo Leal is an excellent player and had a very good run during the middle of the season and you know Luis Fernandez uses an pretty pathetic rotation system so he didn't continue all year long. :mad:

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
arteta should be at barcelona but psg is better for him than rangers.

he could atleast play top opposition there every week and learn to play with stars like ronaldinho.

well if ronaldinho leaves hopefully hell go to barca but its a shame psg arnt the force they once where

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I'd love to see Ronaldinho go to La Liga if he leaves PSG because that's honestly his best possible choice, better then the German Bundesliga and the Italian Serie A. :)

RG had yet another good performance for Brazil, he's going to have a great World Cup guys and since I am also a Brazil fan I've got mixed feelings about him leaving PSG because I love the kid as a player too so I won't be surprised if he leaves.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts