Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday our Scudetto winning goalkeeper is celebrating his 350. Serie A game. He started at Torino and now he is playing his 9. season at Lazio. Even the last year or so when he has been a reserve he has always proved to be a class keeper when Peruzzi were unavailable. He deserves a tribute! Congratulations Luca!

FORZA LUCA MARCHEGIANI !!

·
Star Player
3,264 Posts
Luca! :star:

He's been a great servant to Lazio for many years now and I hope he will be for some seasons yet. You can't get a better back-up GK than him! :cool:

FORZA LUCA! :happy:

·
Registered
518 Posts
CONGRAT AND FORZA LUCA!!!

I still remeber his first NT show (maybe is not), after Pagliuca was set off in the game vs Norway, WC94, he proved himself and helped Italia qualified.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
:star: Congratulations, Luca Marchegiani :star:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Thank you for making this thread! :) Luca is amazing, just amazing.

My best memory from this year is actually one with him, after Lazio had missed a golden opportunity to extend the lead in the home game against Milan. He was sitting on the bench that game, but after the missed chance he stood up and screamed and made angry gestures like crazy :D It felt damn good to see that, I couldn't help but smile. No Lazio player or coach has shown spirit like that this season, neither on nor off the pitch. To see a player that has been benched after winning the scudetto stay at the club, accept the bench and then be so involved and care so much about the team (even when sitting on the bench) means so much for a fan! The sad part is that I read an interview with him a while ago, where he expressed some sadness about the fact that "no one would care" if he quit playing football tomorrow... well I know that's not right. There are a lot of people that would care! We should be so thankful for guys like him and Favalli, who give Lazio a face and keep us from staring at a bunch of strangers every time a new season starts. If Marchegiani is going to retire after this season, which I think is the case, he should be made captain against Inter in the last game.

Anyway, he is the true number one goalie for me :)

Grazie Luca, for all that you've done and most of all for staying with us for so long.

·
International
6,519 Posts
Thumbsup for the one who created this tribute thread :star:

Luca is truly a great goalkeeper, and we don't see many times a keeper of his calibre sit on the bench for almoust all of the season. He has shown the world how great he is allready in 94, when Pagliuca was sent off, and he showed the world his talent through the years... He was one of the responsible's for the scudetto in 99/00 and I thank him for that.

I hope he stays in Lazio after retiring, maybe as our GK coach ? ;)

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Great topic!! :)
Marchegiani is a great GK and I like him alot as a player. He's played brilliantly both for Lazio and for the country and I love him for that.
I would be happy even if he was our #1 right now because he's still one of the better keepers, definitely one of the best reserve keepers in the Serie A, if not the best!

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
He's #1 in Lazio, and he always will be ... great performance through his seasons with Lazio ... nothing compare to him ... first eleven or not, he's the man under the bar ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts