Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1160 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez chaired clear-the-air talks between technical director Jose Martinez Pirri and a disgruntled Guti after the midfielder discovered that Pirri had criticised him in a confidential document.

But the Madrid-born youngster could start looking for another club after Pirri’s explosive dossier on the Real squad was leaked to the press – and with both Milan clubs having made a bid for the player, Italy is looking his likeliest destination.

The report, in which Pirri revealed which players could be transferred, which were "untouchable", and what the faults of others were, caused a major stir around the Santiago Bernabeu.

Pirri wrote of Guti: "He has the technical ability to be a winner but he doesn't behave like a Real Madrid player. He's not focused on football and if there was a good offer for him the club should take it seriously."

Guti responded by saying: "I turn a deaf ear to this kind of criticism. It seems that in terms of football, Pirri is on my side but he's a long way from that on a personal level. I am very annoyed because I've been at Real since I was nine and I don't like people speaking of me in this way. Let us see where Pirri is this time next year."

Pirri, said to be devastated the report has been made public – in one of the Madrid papers under the headline "The Summer Bombshell" – explained: "It's a secret and confidential report that I handed in to my superiors in April."

Manager Vicente del Bosque said Pirri was "an innocent victim who was only doing his job."

Elsewhere in the report, Pirri revealed that former Valencia midfielder Gerard Lopez was their top summer target: "Gerard would be the ideal player to partner Fernando Redondo in the centre of midfield. The only problem is that he is prohibitively expensive."

Barcelona paid £13.4 million for Gerard, £2 million less than Real spent on Flavio Conceicao from Deportivo. Flavio did not appear on a list of 23 possible reinforcements in the Pirri report. Only three - Pedro Munitis, Santiago Solari and Claude Makelele - have joined Real.

Next season, Flavio will play alongside Albert Celades, whom Pirri described as "not good enough for Real Madrid." Redondo, a player he considered "untouchable", is now at Milan.

Guti may yet join him. Last month the 23-year-old international said: "Zoron [Vekic, his agent] told me there is movement in Italy and although Milan are an attractive club, I don't want to move from Madrid because I feel happy here and even more so as the boss has shown faith in me."

This latest spat could cause Guti to change his plans – but if he does, Perez cannot be blamed for trying to make Pirri and Guti kiss and make up.

CRUNCH TIME fellas, if this guy leaves we will have Perez on the ropes. Or maybe this time pirri, how the fuc*k could this report be leaked to the press? Is perez wanting to get rid of guti and that's why he leaked it?:madL I dunno, my last hope though, is the fact that guti is Db davorite and may just convince him to not give a hoot about this damn report. I am praying....

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Well Marca has a relevant article on its site suggesting that the document was leaked to the press by Sanz or somebody from his environment.

I for one would be far from devastated if he were to join Milan... What the fu**ck has he done to deserve the title of untransferable????

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Indeed, this is terrible. Pirri truly was only doing his job. I don't even know why Guti is mad. Guti should have just accepted what Pirri said as an objective assessment of him as a player. I say let Guti go if he cannot be professional enough to accept criticism. After all, what kind of player, or person even, is that that will not listen to what others have to say?

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
If he would leave it would sound like this.

Guti: Inter,here I come:D

That´s the team I have heard that he would probably join:)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Sorry to dissapoint you Recoba, but today's Libredirecto suggests that if he is to leave, he'll most probably join AC Milan. And they are quite accurate, in fact they were the first ones to pick up the Redondo story while the rest of the spanish media were in hype for him being declared untransferable.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
You´re not dissapointing me. I hope that he stays in Real, but if he have to leave then ofcourse I would rather see him wear the Inter than the Milan jersey. I have a feeling about that he will end up in Inter,and no newspaper can change that.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Well, as far as I'm concerned, I'd much prefer him joining Inter than AC Milan... :mad: After all, he is a Real Madrid boy, even if he leaves, I have to wish the best for him! That is, away from AC Milan!!! :)

D

·
0 Posts
How can this happen, after Redondo has gone, I don't expect another future 'Redondo' to go. Madrid have to do something about this. You have a wonderful squad after the acquisition of Figo, Flavio etc. but it is all beginning to come back to square-one if Guti does go to Italy or Barca (am I dreaming...:p).

A

·
0 Posts
nice rhyming topic
guti is mad,
things look mad
:D:D:D:D

labas did you do it intentionally or did it just happen.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
GUTI WANTS TRUST
by Alex Livie

FOLLOWING the stinging criticism of him in a leaked memo by Real Madrid technical director Jose Martinez Pirri, Guti has declared that he will stay with the European Champions - provided that he receives first-hand confirmation that they trust him.
In the report, Pirri said of Guti: "He has the technical ability to be a winner but he doesn't behave like a Real Madrid player. He's not focused on football and if there was a good offer for him the club should take it seriously."

One such offer was earlier tabled by Serie A outfit Milan, who bid £11 million, but Guti rejected the initial approach - stating that he wanted to spend the rest of his career in Madrid.

However, Milan vice president Adriano Galliani is in constant contact with Guti's agent Zoran Vekic and may pounce if the player decides he is unwanted in the Spanish capital.

However, on Tuesday evening, following clear-the-air talks with Pirri and club president Florentino Perez, Guti declared his intention to stay.

Speaking to Real Madrid TV, Guti said: "If the decision is up to me, I give my word that I will stay with Real Madrid. My dream is to be here and I do not want to go to Milan or any other team.

"The important thing is that Real Madrid are happy with what I do on the field."

This is certainly what attracted the Silvio Berlusconi-owned club, as the 23-year-old put on a starring show in a 5-1 pre-season victory over Milan at the San Siro.

Despite the Serie A side's interest, it would appear that Guti will remain at the Bernabeu, provided the peace can be kept.

Finally good news!!
Now we must turn our attention to who was the rat!
100 post finally made it!

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Don't over-hype on the Macca situation ANELKA, since his name has not been included in the 22 chosen by del Bosque to travel to Monaco for the Super Cup final.

These are:
Iker Casillas, Cesar, Salgado, Hierro, Ivan Campo, Karanka, Roberto Carlos, Julio Cesar, Sanchis, Solari, Ivan Helguera, Celades, Makelele, Flavio, Guti, Savio, Figo, Raul, Geremi, Munitis, Tote, Rivera.

A

·
0 Posts
where did you get this from.
and this is going crazy first del bosque picks doesnt play him in any match and then drops him :(

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't see what's so great in these Guti news:confused: it's not like he's said anything new! He has said a number of times he wants to be at Madrid for life. So what? He can say all he wants, but if perez wants money he will go. We are fortunate that he's Del Bosques favorite, but what if he's fired??? We need a comment from the board of directors to feel better, because so far Guti is saying the same old thing:(

And this Macca stuff is crazy! He was supposed to be chosen:mad:

A

·
0 Posts
yup this is absolute weirdo.:nasty:

and i wasnt saying that you mae it up hala.

:greed:
:groan:
:yuck:
:strong:
:skull:
just trying a few of the new smilies :stuckup:

A

·
0 Posts
Guti Wants New Contract After Snubing Milan

Guti has rebuffed a second bid from Milan after Real Madrid president Florentino Perez insisted he had a future at the club. The young midfielder, upset at technical director Jose Martinez Pirri’s criticism in a leaked report, said: "If the decision depends on me, I promise I’ll stay."

The report, in which Pirri revealed which players could be transferred, which were "untouchable", and what the faults of others were, caused a major stir around the Santiago Bernabeu.

Pirri wrote of Guti: "He has the technical ability to be a winner but he doesn't behave like a Real Madrid player. He's not focused on football and if there was a good offer for him the club should take it seriously."

The 23-year-old international was told – as onefootball.com exclusively revealed last month - that Milan were keen on him and had offered £12m for his services. San Siro president Silvio Berlusconi has been in negotiations with Guti’s agent Zoran Vekic.

But Guti said on Tuesday: "My dream is to stay here and I don’t want to go to Milan or any other team. The important thing is that Real Madrid were happy with me on and off the pitch. What I want is that Madrid and me to be happy with the contract we have. I’m very happy here.

"Pirri must talk about players and signings and do reports like he has done. That is his work. The worst thing is that a document so important for the club has been revealed."

Guti’s current contract runs until 2002 and his buy-out clause is worth £27 million. The Bernabeu favourite is keen to extend his contract and increase his salary from the annual £450,000 he is thought to earn.

P

·
0 Posts
Macca being selected for some friendlies (wank wank) was simply tossing a bone to the dog. Like Del Bosque said "Real has to be gentlemanly". He was. He brought him and you all saw how much time he played too. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
No, he's not selected this time! This's a match means something, so if there's no his space, the situation just will get worse and worse for Macca.:(
I understand that Bosque might want him to leave, but I'll never figure out why he put Macca on the first team and doesn't pick him to France. If he wanna throw him out, OK but if he chose to keep him, at lease he should let him warm the bench up.

1 - 20 of 1160 Posts