Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today sadly france is out of the world cup.
all the luck to senegal and denmark as they go into the next phase.
but it is just sad that france could not be in the last 16.
i think if they were, world cup would be more brighter and have more entertaining matches to watch. sadly this is not true.
france played ok i guess. they had to attack then left gaps in the defense allowing denmark to score.
i think that it has also been unlucky for france this world cup as many shots hit the ball.
i can say 4 or so myself. and the injury to zidane, a french team in himself was injured for 2 matches.

but i hope this world cup has taught france something
GET A NEW DEFENSE!
i think the one they got now is just no more pace and so dam slow.
luckily i hope in world cup 2006, that we'll see new faces like mexes at the back.

all luck to denmark and senegal.
and hopefully france can bounce back at euro 2004

·
Registered
470 Posts
On the bright side, Lemerre would be sack. Which mean the end of the defensive era (1994-2002) of French Football. Champagne Football (Champagne le Foot?) might be back!;)

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Why should we hail the losers :confused::rolleyes:?!

All hail Denmark :star:!

Vi er røde, vi er hvide!!!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
hailing is not the right word imo... what is wrong with feeling sorry for France, having to leave the stage this way, this early? :confused: :rolleyes:

i'll congratulate Denmark, but i won't 'hail' them... they are not the only ones responsible for France's elimination and they are not World Champion yet either... :)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I know that it is not cool to gloat in this forum when you are proven soo right and for that reason I will not...

Do I take a certain amount of pleasure from it? Not really at all...

I'm sure that the inquests will start and I am sorry but despite what Lemerre said this was largely down to him!

His insistance on picking players for the team who should not be there (Le Boeuf, Petit, Wiltord, Dugarry, Micoud, Djorkaef, Lizarazu) and his ignorance of others (Robert, Sagnol, Carriere, Makalele, Gallas) meant that the French team are not as good as they should be (or more to the point how good they think they are)...

They have been unlucky in this World Cup. but it seems that this was payback for previous competitions won where they almost overrelied on luck.

Perhaps in the long run winning two trophies on the run was a bad thing and people rated them too highly... the fact that they were the favouates for this competition was silly really.

But still now is the time to get out the old and bring in the new... good luck and who knows, actually qualifying for something may aid your chances;)

·
Registered
765 Posts
PROUD and drunk I will wish France a safe trip back home!!!!

Remember...

84 France beat Denmark - France European Champions

92 Denmark beat France - Denmark European Champions

98 France beat Denmark - France World Champions

00 France beat Denmark - France European Champions

02 Denmark beat France - I dare not finish this sentence :) (knock on wood!)

We sent the Champions of the Universe out!!!!

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Perhaps in the long run winning two trophies on the run was a bad thing
I would have to say that winning the World cup followed by the European championships was an incredibly good thing and has cemented that teams place in football history.

There is a fine line between success and failure in football especially at the WC which is why it's the best competition in the world. The last thing we want is a two or three horse race with the rest just making up the numbers. I want shocks, I want to discover new talents, I want entertainment.

When the venue was first announced I probably felt why the hell are they holding the tournament there but I'm glad to admit that so far I'm loving it.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Swiftwilly said:

all luck to denmark and senegal.
and hopefully france can bounce back at euro 2004

Ah, loser always blame the 'non-technical' issue, this case the bad luck.... just admit that France didn't play that well in this WC, it's a shamed for a champuion holder... underestimated the Senegal I believe.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
I would not want them in the last 16 they have no played well enough to suggest otherwise.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Yakubu said:
Why should we hail the losers :confused::rolleyes:?!

All hail Denmark :star:!

thats right, Hail denmark,

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:howler:
i am a neutral supporter
from what i saw france didnt have much desire to win it at all
most of the players won it already
you see them miss a shot and just smile
then they started to get tense when things started to slip up

denmark did play well and caught france off guard
but that is no reason to call france a shtty team
they did win the world cup, no dening that.
also i think lemerre is such a crappy coach
i mean he played laboef with desailly.
it was much better then it was thuram in the middle with candela on the sides.
ohwells

i purely wanted france to make it into the last 16 for BETTER WORLD CUP
it would be good to see the best teams fight out for the world cup.
i mean now argintina is out as well.
maybe italy
all congrats to denmark who obviously played well since they made it through

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS CRAP

france would be more enteritaining

THEY SUCKED..got outplayed every game

u just like the names, and this WC is proving NAMES MEAN ****!

Inter relised it last year and slowly the world is reliasing that teamwork above all else wins games

Lav

·
Registered
859 Posts
What do you mean we would see BETTER FOOTBALL is France was through, we didn't see any better football while they were still in. in fact Senegal (Diouf and Fadiga) and Denmark (with their wing play) played better football than France. France sucked and it is only right that they are out of the World Cup, especially the fact that they won it last time, i am also happy Argentina. It is time that other teams test what the World Cup final , semi final is about, this thing about the same teams going far in the World Cup is just wrong.

On another note, France and Argentina are out because of the stuborness of their coaches....Trapattoni at least has two systems i.e. 4-4-2 and 3-4-1-2, Bielsa and Lemerre thought that their systems would survive anything. You see that was pure arrogance right there, all the other teams i have watched in this World Cup have had to change their formations depending on the team that they are play but France and Argentina stuck to the same system, and what happened to them?????

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
You could argue that Sweden have topped their group by devising a system which brings out the best in the players they have available and sticking to it rigidly.

·
Registered
859 Posts
if you recall the game Sweden played against England was very different from the game they played against Argentina but Lemerre when Zidane got injured didn't even think about reverting to something else, the thought Djorkaeff would do the job, that position requires a very skilled player if they had an Aimar to replace Zidane then i understand sticking with that formation, but once Zidane got injured Lemerre should have changed everything...basically that whole formation was centered around Zidane, once he was out why use it????

·
Registered
765 Posts
Don't know what Lemerre was thinking but I am grateful that he was struck by the heat ;)

Even without Zidane France brought quality players to the WC - they just weren't used the right way. Maybe the players should have revolted and played in another way....

As it looks as if this WC so far have been won by the team that is the best TEAM and the team with the best coach/tactics, I just think that France failed because they were 1. certain they would advance, 2. they layed the wrong tactics, 3. bad luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts