Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Copied from Channel4.com

David Trezeguet’s prolonged absence from the Juventus first team has sparked fears that the France striker could be suffering from glandular fever.

The 27-year-old has missed Juventus’ last two matches through illness and has already been ruled out of Sunday’s clash with Siena.

Trezeguet, who was originally out with flu and has since been struck down by an intestinal virus, remains reluctant to comment on his health problems.

He did, however, admit that he rates himself as doubtful for the Champions’ League second-leg clash with Real Madrid on March 9.

The former Monaco hitman, who has not been training with his Juventus teammates this week, had an initial blood test last Friday but confirmed on Wednesday that he would be having more tests next week.

His France and Juventus teammate, Jonathan Zebina, contracted glandular fever during his time at Roma and is now hoping that the same has not happened to Trezeguet.

"It’s the worst thing that can happen to a footballer," said the defender. "I had no strength at all. It only kept me out for a month but usually it lasts longer than that."

Olivier Kapo, another of Juventus’ French contingent, claims there is no need to be concerned about Trezeguet’s condition.

"David just had a bad virus," said the midfielder. "But he’ll be fresh and ready to go again for the match against Roma in a week."

Glandular fever is brought on by severe viruses and can last for several months. It can also lead to long-term fatigue problems.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
After Trez says this:

Juventini said:
He did, however, admit that he rates himself as doubtful for the Champions’ League second-leg clash with Real Madrid on March 9.
Kapo comes along and claims:

Juventini said:
there is no need to be concerned about Trezeguet’s condition.

"David just had a bad virus," said the midfielder. "But he’ll be fresh and ready to go again for the match against Roma in a week."
:pp

Hey Olivier, I think Trez would know his condition better than you.

Needless to say, this is terrible news for us Bianconeri.

Change of plans for the Madrid game...

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
If Trez really does have Glandular Fever, with the little knowledge I have about this disease, I think I can safely assume that we will be without Trezeguet for the Delle Alpi clash against Real.

However I do wonder who exactly Trezeguet has been kissing. Has he recently pulled another girl or something? Or did that Zebina pass it onto him?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paris said:
However I do wonder who exactly Trezeguet has been kissing. Has he recently pulled another girl or something? Or did that Zebina pass it onto him?
You'll never know what are they doing in the shower after the match is over... :wth:

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Yes it's obvious. Why should a Romanista want a Juventus-player to get well soon, when it in reality means he'll be able to play against Roma? I don't get that.

·
Registered
522 Posts
...because even before he was a romanista, he was a human being. And as a human being, he does not wish illness and suffering on another human being?

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I know I do if my team can benefit from it. Seriously, who doesn't? You'd want Real Madrid's best players to play in the ritorno if you could opt against it?

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Wish him the best.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
it could be a mild case. if so, its not long term. if its the worst case scenario, he could be out for months.

what is wrong with him, he constantly gets injured or is unwell!! :depress:

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Faisal, what do you really mean? First you wish him the best, then you call it sarcasm and finally you wish him the best again? Is that last comment sarcasm or what? :confused:

·
Registered
8,942 Posts
Yeh Trezeguet is sick alright, sick in the head

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
vlepnat said:
Yeh Trezeguet is sick alright, sick in the head
Your a very intelligent young man. Don't let anyone tell you other wise.

·
Administrator
53,114 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Thotobald said:
Faisal, what do you really mean? First you wish him the best, then you call it sarcasm and finally you wish him the best again? Is that last comment sarcasm or what? :confused:

Man ofcourse Im being sarcastic, I want the guy to never get well and I hope he stays ill for the rest of his life.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Faisal said:
Man ofcourse Im being sarcastic, I want the guy to never get well and I hope he stays ill for the rest of his life.
Then your a prick, arn't ya.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts