Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The way Juve play is why Trez looks like he does nothing. Guys like Nedved, DP, Camo, Zambro, and other midfielders hold on to the ball and look for the best option. Trez stands in the box and is there to head the ball in or put in a loose ball. Tactics need to change if he is expected to do more IMO.

Same deal as Pippo was, and now is for Milan. Same as Alan Shearer to some degree. Same as Crespo. That is what these players are asked to do.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Totaly understand what you are saying. The mid-field does need to provide more for Trez but at the same time I think he can try to do a little more than just stand in the box. With that said I for one have not givin up on him and would love for his contractual issues to get resolved as soon as possible.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Don’t know about Crespo and Shearer but Inzaghi and Trezeguet are the typical IMO modern soccer useless hyped players. They get money to basically just tap in the ball, they got no dribbling skills, ball control, style, long shots, crossing, etc, what so ever, all they can do is like one thing like head in the ball and they are thought of as gods. And when a team starts to play real soccer, they fail like Inzaghi and Treze are failing in the long run.

Juve is playing well, I like the way they play a lot. Using players of class like Nedved and DP to play soccer and not tap it in.

Treze is hyped just like many out there. I mean have you very seen Treze dribble 2 guys and lob it? Inzaghi ever blast it from outside the area? Nope.
:cool:

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Trez will be leaving Juve in the summer, his contract expires in 2005 and he want the same wages as DP which is absurd these days. If Juve don't want to lose him for free in 2005 they better sell him this summer. I think that's what gonna happen and probably that's the reason why he's so bad lately. Zlatan Ibrahimovic will be his successor with 99% chance.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
ItalianBoy said:
Don’t know about Crespo and Shearer but Inzaghi and Trezeguet are the typical IMO modern soccer useless hyped players. They get money to basically just tap in the ball, they got no dribbling skills, ball control, style, long shots, crossing, etc, what so ever, all they can do is like one thing like head in the ball and they are thought of as gods. And when a team starts to play real soccer, they fail like Inzaghi and Treze are failing in the long run.
He's not exactly much of a dribbler but to say that Trez has no ball control is just plain inaccurate.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
His last outing wasn't the best to date for sure. But I must object: he is not lazy. As a matter of fact, you'll notice if you keep an eye (perhaps remove the blinkers) on him during a match that he does work for the team when off the ball.

He's going through a bad patch currently but I'll stand by what I always claimed: Trezeguet is among the best (if not the best) at what he does: scoring consistently that is, over and over again even in adversity! Whether he's red-hot or not makes no difference at all, he always manage to pull one off. A look at his personal stats again.

Also, unlike what IB thinks, there's much more to his game than tap-ins although I must stress that tap-ins aren't goals until they're goals and converting an industrial amount of them isn't degrading IMO. But again, Trezeguet has more weapons up his sleeve and nobody claimed he could do the fancy stuff Henry, Ronaldo, Totti or Zidane can.

Camo's been benched quite often the last few games and I can safely say that his presence is important to Trezeguet. So are Zambrotta's crosses but they've been seldom. Del Piero hasn't been really altruistic lately but eventually he will recover his complementarity with the Frenchman.

Everybody knows him and what he's capable of now. The pressure upfront has to be varied and bigger from teammates otherwise defenders will have noone to mark but him.

Ciao.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Trez is nearly perfect in what he does- he waits for a good pass and then finishes off with deadly precision 8 out of 10 times. That's what the striker is supposed to do and I can't see why you complain about him. The ultimate goal in football is to put the ball in the net, if you don't do that you can play great and fancy and still don't win. That's why players like Trez are so valued and important for their team.

It's true that he can't create chances for himself but that's what the whole Juve midfield is there for. He's got Nedved, Del Piero, Zambrotta, Camoranesi, etc to provide the passes to him, his only job is to position himself well and score if he receives the good ball, and he does it extremely well. Who cares that he touches the ball 4-5 times a game if usually one of these touches is a shot which ends up in the net?

Personally I prefer player like him who needs only one chance to score even if he can't create for himself, to someone like Di Vaio who can dribble well, is very fast, thus enabling him to create many chances for himself but usually missing all of them.

I would be very happy if Trez Leaves Juve, that will weaken the team IMO.

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
Trez is awesome! he rarely misses a chance. In the French NT, he is the perfect partner for Henry; Trez even scores more than Henry (Henry being the passer most of the time).
Letting him go would be a huge mistake... Imagine him and Henry at Arsenal...

Don't you think letting Henry go (not providing him with a central attack post and not giving him time to settle in the team) was a mistake?

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
I think in another thread here Glen has said sth to the effect that 'We all know that if we want things be better and successful this season, we need Trez to his best form" And I do completely agree with it. You dont really have right now, s.o. to fill for him. That kind of a player. No matter how lucky ;) DV can get and for how long, and no matter how great of a tallent Micolli could be. DP will never be Trez kind of a player. Nedved wont be able to save your ars forever (I hope :D).

I dont know about the summer, and if you would sell and then buy, but frankly there are not too mane options and players that could be as good as Trez, when at his best. And he is far from a done player.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
The tactical set-up is killing him. He's either the only man upfront, receives the ball too deep or both. Alright, he may take away a defender or 2 but considering the alternative of a proper pairing, this sacrifice is too great. Btw, if you're a lone striker, the one and only main man upfront, the opportunity cost is a goal. That's why I won't read too much into his apparent 'invisibility' given that he has no business doing anything else that jeopardizes his primary function.

Let's not get started on the kind of service he (or any of our strikers for that matter) has been receiving. Incidentally, I don't see any strikers we have who has been remotely good this season.

Or maybe he's finally slogging through a slump but you need only look as his record to know that some things look worse than they actually are.

In his latest match, I disagree with those who questioned his effort and commitment. Whether he was self-conscious or simply frustrated, he did drop back to help out.

Before any of you guys think of selling again, remember all those strikers and midfielders we lost before. Trez is someone who will come back and haunt us big-time for a long while ...

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Fab first post Step :star:

Trez IMHO is the best finisher in the world, but having said that I won't hide the fact that I am not too keen on him starting every game. To get the best of Trez it's true that he needs the service....it seems, to accomodate him, we will need to employ a tactic solely for him...because he is such a one dimensional player.

I have no probs with Trez starting games where we know we can attack, attack and attack freely because he will have chances, chances and chances...but in games where we struggle to create, I prefer to see a more active/agile pairing upfront...simply because I believe that the more active our players are upfront, the more the defenders will move around and the more room the other forward will get.

I can understand Lippi starting with Trez (he is the best bet of all our stikers)....but when 3/4 of the game has gone and Trez has done nothing and the opposition are proving hard to break down.....why on Earth does he insist on keeping Trez on?...in such scenarios I believe we need to bring someone like Miccoli on.

About Trezeguet's workrate....it's terrible. Just because Trez's job is to score goals doesn't mean he shouldn't drop back to help out the team. When we are on the attack...stay in the box by all means, but when we are chasing the ball...for f**k's sake at least pressurise the opposition.

Thats why Van Diverboy is the best striker in the world. He isn't as gifted as Trezeguet is at finishing...but the guy works his ass off....and it always pays off.

I do want to see Trez extend his contract...because when he hits top form (that means he will get good service and for that to happen it means his partner be it Alex or Miccoli will also be on top form) we will be unstoppable (so I hope).

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
HOw many goals has treze scores this year? Not too many, why? cuz logically if the team plays around you like Juve used to do, one way or another with all those assist you will score. No real champion there.
And 8-10? opinions.
Ball control, sorry, IMO Treze cant hold the ball for 5 seconds.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
OK, I remark at a time.

1) Trez has a grand total of 13 (how ironic) goals thus far and counting: 8 in serie A, 4 in CL, 1 in Coppa Italia. Not bad I reckon -the way he's been playing this season suggests he's in such a terrible form.

2) What are you talking about? With the kind of service he's been receiving, banging 13 goals is a miracle by itself.

3) 8-10 on good days. A mere 60% of success overall.

4) Irrelevant argument: holding balls for 5 seconds by no means lies within his attribution.

Ciao.

Romano: Thanks, mate. I liked yours as well. :)

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Look man, Treze IMO is an average player. He is not my type of player and I do not see this greatness in him. If you like him, cool, but you can not force me to like him.
And no he does not have any ball control.

·
Registered
282 Posts
trez definitely stands in henry's shadow a little for the french. and if he doesn't improve on his form, that will becoma blatantly obvious in portugal in the summer as henry will score all france's goals and trez a mere by-stander and partner in attack. he might even get dropped in favour of cisse.
i hope it doesn't happen, coz i think henry and trez are much more the same type of players as henry and cisse.

what is true is that trez scored his goals against not particularly the strongest of sides. or am i strongly mistaken on that one?
however, when di vaio and micolli are in better form, then it's no use keeping the struggling trez on the field.

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Trezeguet has appeared absent (i.e. making his presence UNFELT) in a countless number of games for Juve. The debate can go in two directions: denied decent service despite the likes of Zambrotta, Nedved, Camoranesi, Tacchi, Appiah, Maresca and perhaps Birindelli.....not to mention Del Piero + Di Vaio for that matter.

OR...

He simply has to interact more, and stop playing deep upfield focusing on breaking the offside trap and beating or evading his marker(s) relying on a 'Zidane-esque' thru pass.

For example Forwards such as DP, DV and the soon to be great Miccoli ( :tongue: ) are always interacting with the flow of play whether it's on the wing, outside the PK area and sometimes even in midfield.

I'm noticing the Pippo of AC Milan is starting to do this, as opposed to his goal-poaching-can't-beat-the-offside-trap-if-his-life-depended-on-it style of play!

Compare the strikers before Pippo: Boksic, Vieri, Vialli, Ravanelli...all interacted with midfield and produced good runs using their dribbling skills.

Trezeguet is ALWAYS effective with the France NT (in case you haven't noticed) because Zizou, Henry, Pires, Cisse, Dacourt, Makelele, Wiltord....and most recently (inevitably WILL make an impact in 2004 IMO) Ludovic Giuly are all there to supply him.

I don't think he suits Juve's style that much. Indeed, in 2001/02 he scored 25 goals which is the season Zizou left, and when Nedved began to hit form by mid-season, however, there were games in that season where he was completely absent but was just on target, right place right time.

I feel he doesn't put much effort into his game. But one thing just bothers me at the thought of Trezeguet leaving: he would be on explosive unstoppable form in another club- especially if it were outside Italy.

Anways, that's just what I think. Overall, I wouldn't mind him staying, though.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Abominius : Make no worries for Trezeguet's international career. He's suffered many rebuffs in Italy but his spot with the French national team was never questioned as he's always been constant playing for France. Admittedly, teammates there have a much better service to offer which can only help out and inflate David's productivity. Preferable but not crucial for finishers of his talent though. Also, French fans deciphered Trezeguet's game a long while ago, are thankful for the goals he brings and would rather blame Henry, Pirès or Zidance should these omit to embellish the night with their usual fancy tricks.

And FYI, Cissé currently serves a 5 games suspension and therefore isn't to be in Portugal next summer.

IB : I'm afraid your aesthetical preferences non me interesso un cazzo. What we're trying to determine here is the kinda impact he has on our game, our results and whether or not we'd be better off without him.

Ciao.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Nice one.
Its not about estetics, but skills.
And yes, he has had little impact in Juve this season and also last season. Why? for the reason I told you before.
DP DV Miccoli, they all know their game and play well no matter where they at cuz they got game! Treze is like Pippo, close to offside and tap in.
Thats it! How can Juve count on this player now if you got DP DV Miccoli Nedved!

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Stinkfist: Interesting starting requisite indeed and good post. :)

IB: 'Trez is like Pippo'.. 'lack of skills'.. 'tap-ins and stuff'!... Alright man, you sound like you totally skipped season '01-'02 and earlier for some reason so my advice is the following: you just get back here when you're done watching footage from that season. Pay special attention to his assists, his unceasing calls, his 'pivotal' work and of course, the strepitoso rete galore which speaks best for his technique.

Ciao.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts