Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been since 3 years last time I visited Egypt!

I have already booked my flight from Riyadh to Jeddah, will stay at Jeddah airport until my flight to Egypt two hours later on the 17th of July to Alex, will leave in the same day to Cairo by train, will stay there untill the 22nd of July and then to Amman for my annual vacation.

I have not booked the hotel yet but I am thinking the Baron or Concord Al-Salam.

Any recommendations? I want it close to the malls, cafes and resturants. No pyramids or historical crap, only modern places where I can set with my wife and "shisha" working hard besides me:D

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
I just watched something on the Travel Channel about Egypt. Achmed and Mahmoud tearing through the desert in their Toyota 4x4s, then slaughtered a lamb halal style, seasoned it and cooked it in a big metal drum buried in the desert, and goofed around in general. I guess the Egyptian equivalent of a bunch of rednecks having a good time. Looked like great fun. :D

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Have you ever been to Abu Tarek in Cairo? That was on the show as well, and the Koshari looked delicious. I was drooling all over myself by the end of that show. :D

·
MVP
8,980 Posts
My brother spent a week in Cairo and Alexandria on business last year...said there's nothing edible in that country, but maybe that's just him being a typical Lebanese snob :pp

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Huh? I was gnawing on the television by the end of the program! :D

[tub]JxfUayZtEIo&eurl[/tub]

Found part of it on YouTube...

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your brother maybe did not now where to go. There are lots of places to go in Cairo. It is true the food sucks and the city needs so much cleaning but it has its own type.

Anyway and for some reason, I suddenly do not want to go, feeling so much down these days!

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Maybe you just need to go to Las Vegas for a week and party your ass off. You'll feel much better. ;)

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had a blast in Cairo and now just relaxing with my family in Amman before touring around again.

I loved it in Cairo, it was really different there. The only I will miss anyway is Al-Hussain's nights there.....it was really nice this time.

I had some terrifying moments though in dream park, especially the rocket and the hanged train, that was absolutely terrifying!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Speaking of Egypt , did anyone watch H.Dabour. Did it make a big hit in egypt , because that was the most hilariouse movie I ever watched.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
H. Dabour? What is that?

I officially need another vacation to get some rest:D Anyway, I had fun and will get back to Riyadh next Sunday for a month before going back to Jordan for two weeks for Eid.

Whoever wants to visit Jordan, do not miss Maeen falls or Wadi Rum.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
H. Dabour is a movie. And yes MK-Inter, it was a hit over here last year (personally I haven't watched it, though), same for Ahmed Mekky's new movie, "Teir enta"

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
H. Dabour? What is that?

I officially need another vacation to get some rest:D Anyway, I had fun and will get back to Riyadh next Sunday for a month before going back to Jordan for two weeks for Eid.

Whoever wants to visit Jordan, do not miss Maeen falls or Wadi Rum.
welcome back to live the scorching hot weather. :pp

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
H. Dabour is a movie. And yes MK-Inter, it was a hit over here last year (personally I haven't watched it, though), same for Ahmed Mekky's new movie, "Teir enta"
You better watch it , without exagration , simply the comdiest egyption movie.

No Egyption comedy movie comes close , really. I would put it on top of the most hilariouse movie in Egypt , and every other comedy movie just goes in others.

Seriously , mashallah , Mohammed Mikky destoryed all other egyption comedians in that movie. And I watched alot of comedy egyption movies.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts