Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. first of congratulations, you have a fantastic team, and a very bright future a head of you.

I am not sure if I am allowed to post this here (I wouldnt alllow when I was an admin here couple years ago :D ), you are welcomed to move it to the travel forum but I know I wouldnt get much answers there so I would appreciate your help.

I plan to go to Croatian coast in July for holidays with a couple friends. I know it is a dangerous idea, being Turkish:)

For your info, I have no clue what so ever about the places. I have been doing some research on the internet today so I got some little info.

Basically what we want to see is:

sea- beaches
good nightlife - restaurants etc..
nice town to go around and hot Croatian girls would also help ;)

Budget is not a major issue. We just want to go to the best possible place.

I checked out Dubrovnik and Hvar today. Dubrovnik seemed too much like a city to me rather than a summer town. Hvar looked interesting.

So I would appreciate your suggestions and thanks for your help. :)

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I plan to go to Croatian coast in July for holidays with a couple friends. I know it is a dangerous idea, being Turkish:)

actually it isn't problem at all.. why should be?

i think that hvar would be your best choice, also you moust now that this island is most expensive in croatia.. but still, it would be great for you if you visit dubrovnik i one-two days treap, it would be sin to miss that..

cheers

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'll visit Croatia also!!

mybe next year, I will visit Croatia for a private reason :smileani:. After I meet her, I want to play soccer, then play soccer, then watch a soccer game, then play soccer again, before I continue my private jobs :smileani:.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually it isn't problem at all.. why should be?

i think that hvar would be your best choice, also you moust now that this island is most expensive in croatia.. but still, it would be great for you if you visit dubrovnik i one-two days treap, it would be sin to miss that..

cheers

Hi Jamaica,
thanks for the info. any other places to suggest? are these the only two places?

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Basically what we want to see is:

sea- beaches
good nightlife - restaurants etc..
nice town to go around and hot Croatian girls would also help ;)

You should definitely go to Novalja and the beach called "Zrce" on the island of Pag, it's know as our Ibiza! There's countless of clubs, bars, café's, resturants and of course girls :smileani:

Just read in the paper that the most popular outdoor clubs "Papaya", "Aquarious" and "Kalypso" have opened for the season. Look it up!

[tub]rfJK1kavhv4[/tub]

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I second Novalja.

Also, you'll have to try Brac. Great for nightlife (more grown-up nightlife than Novalja) and water sports.

Just don't wear a Turkey kit this summer.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks a lot everyone!!

the thing is lets say I stay 10 days there, I dont want to go to another place every day, I work quite hard all year so I need to relax during the day and party at nite. ;) so I would say I visit two GREAT places and stick to those 2, otherwise it might be too tiring.

are there any good resorts or hotels in brac or novalja?

what about dubrovnik? is that not one of the choices?

I still haven t made up my mind though, I just need to convince myself that it willl be a good choice!

by the way I want a more grown up nightlife, not high school one also not old if you know what I mean. I am 27.

If any of you know what Marbella is like, that would be a good comparison. that is very good in aall aspects but way too expensive at the same time. The girsl in Croatia should be as hot though for sure :D ;)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
If you want a comparison to Marbella then Hvar town on the Iceland Hvar...jet-set iceland with quit nice nightlife!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hrvatino, Novalja is on the money. I'm from O.Pag, celo se zove Dinjiska which is about a 20 min car ride to Novalja. It's the happening place. Every summer it's just getting more and more crazier! Ludnica.... Mandre is a good place to visit on the way to Novalja if you need a place to stay. Novalja rates have sky-rocketed!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Enjoy, Carlito!

BTW, I'll be in Petrcane, near Zadar, from July 27 - August 12. If anyone on this board is in that neck of the woods and wants to talk footie over a beer or twelve, look me up at Bar Moro. :shades:

·
Registered
69,378 Posts
have never been there since 1987, but I hear Dubrovnik is getting ridiculously expensive that even the richest Croatians are having trouble affording it there.

There are some cool places around Zadar, which are pretty cheap as well, as Radman said Petrcane is nice, as well as places like Bibinje, Pakostane etc...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Enjoy, Carlito!

BTW, I'll be in Petrcane, near Zadar, from July 27 - August 12. If anyone on this board is in that neck of the woods and wants to talk footie over a beer or twelve, look me up at Bar Moro. :shades:
Where were you last year when I was in the area looking for free beer or twelve :wallbang:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
have never been there since 1987, but I hear Dubrovnik is getting ridiculously expensive that even the richest Croatians are having trouble affording it there.
It is not the prices that bother me the most about Dubrovnik (was there last summer the last time) it is their mentality "ko to jebe" as long as you buy something and attitude...+ the food is by far worst in Dubrovnik-area compared to the rest of Croatia.

Speaking of food...I will recommend a restaurant that has very good food and not to expensive. (it is very close to my fathers "home" in Plitvicka Jezera)

The restaurant is called Degenija and is located about 2 km before the bridge over korana entering Plitvicka Jezera (if you come from Slunj). If you are unlucky there can be a que to get in...but most of the times it is alright.

Try the pastrva or sarma or plata...very yummy! :musik:

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
I'm going to the motherland and I will be arriving in Trst. I'm going down to Krk by car.

Now where is the cheapest gas? I heard Slovenia is the cheapest? True?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts