• Mancio

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are many rumors linking Trap with Lazio after the world.

Trap doent need an introduction. Firm manager with an extensive track record.

He is known to use 3-5-2 system with much succsess. Considering transfer rumors surrounding Lazio (ie Many DMs, left & right backs) it seems that Lazio will have a go at 3-5-2 yet again next season. If that is the case, is trap the right man for Lazio or Zac should get another go, this time with players he chose?

Or maybe Mancio shoul de in charge?

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
I would choose non of the above. I think we should continiue using 4-4-2. we already saw this season what experimenting with the tactic can lead to, and I really don't think it is a matter of bringing in the right players. Lazio is a 4-4-2 team and I don't understand why management are so eager to change that. But I'd like Trappatoni to coach Lazio anyway. Or Mancio, anything is better than Zaccheroni.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I reckon it's time to using 3-5-2, for:
1)Negro, Favail and Pancaro had been proved they are too old.
2)Use current player - Nesta,Stam and Couto, we can build a solid defend line.
3)Sorin, Medieta (if stay here), Liverani and Fiore all great winger.
4)Leave a position to Riquelme or JSV.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
I can't agree much here, No. 3. Negro hasn't played for a long time due to injury and I still belive he is a good defender as a right back. The guy is only 30 years old and I still belive he has some years left in him. As for Favalli I cannot agree on eny cercomstances. He has actually had a good season and he always do a good job. He is definetely a player worth holding on to. Also a mentally good player and a leader. Let us not forget that he is usually captain when Nesta is unavailable. If we should let anyone of these three go it should be Pancaro.

Mendieta, Liverani and Fiore as wingers? I don't think so. It must be time for Mendieta to leave as he is clearly unsettled in Rome and we have Castroman for the right wing. Liverani and Fiore are central midfielders and they can't play on the wing. Fiore did play on the left for some games, but it didn't work out at all.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Ok I agree with No. 3 that Negro, Pancaro and Favalli should not play wingbacks in 3-5-2 formation.

But Favalli and Pancaro must stay. I would love to keep negro but if he disires to leave let him go, hes served us well.

If we kept the exact same squad next season I wouldnt complain.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
According to what i read today, in the local Papers that publish "old" news:D....Trap is seriously considering going back to League football and IS in negotiations with Lazio...

3-5-2 here we come again.....

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
I am willing to go for any new coach as long as he has some long-term plan and Crag is willing to give him the time to employ that plan......
Anyway, I voted for Trap.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is approximately the same article i've read today....

Trap: "Too early to think of the future" Posted April 10, 2002 - 17:15 by Mattias

Italy coach Giovanni Trapattoni says he will wait until after the World Cup finals to decide his future as SS Lazio try to secure him for next season.

"I have spoken with FIGC president (Franco) Carraro and we have decided that we will not deal with the question of the future right now," said Trapattoni who also confirmed he had received offers to return to club management.

Both Rome clubs looked a signing the veteran coach last month before AS Roma sealed a new deal with Fabio Capello.

That left Lazio as Trapattoni's principle suitors and 'La Gazzetta della Sport' claimed yesterday agreement had been reached.

Trapattoni - who has won seven Italian titles with Inter, Milan and Juventus and the German championship with Bayern Munich - is set to leave the Italy post after the World Cup finals and wants a return to club management.

Lazio president Sergio Cragnotti is to meet with Trapattoni soon to start organising a new contract but the club do not want to be seen jeopardising Italy's World Cup chances by distracting the national team coach.

However, Trapattoni's contract with the Italian federation ends on June 30th and he is open to offers.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Although he is known for having used 3-5-2 and succeeded with the system, I don't think he will stick too much to it , if it doedn't fit Lazio.
Take Azzurri for instance. In the friendly match against England, he used 4-men defense. According to some reports, it was because he thought the system would be effective against England. And I guess it was also because he wanted to test Materazzi as a central defender and Pannuci as a side back. And both defender are used to play against English players, as they used to play in the English league. The test was successful.
Like this proved, maybe Trap can adjust the system, by judging the types, skills and combination of the players, and according to the system and abilities of the opponent team.
He's flexible in a clever and proper way, not at ramdom or wrongly.
And he has a strong character, experience and secrets for victory.

It's said he's been close friends with Governato, the Sport Director of Lazio.
It's also said he might want to settle in Roma for his wife who is from a place in the suberbs of Roma.
Though these are all just speculated possible reasons that some journalists associated with the transfer rumours......

I have no idea how much we can trust the rumour of Trap's coming to Lazio.
But IF he comes, I'll welcome him.

However.......Trap has been known as a great adorer of Totti, like Eriksson as an admirer of Veron and Mancini.
I wonder if he can be happy as a coach of the very rival team of Totti's. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
It was a dream for every Laziale in the World that the third campione should we get it in the next season, and Mr Trap is the Right Personality to bring us for the Campione Serie-A 02/03.......:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts