Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I read on La Gazzetta dello Sport that Trap now wants to play with Vieri and Totti as forwards, with Doni as an offensive midfielder.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Totti sure of semi place Tuesday 28 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francesco Totti says he is convinced that the Azzurri will reach the World Cup semi-finals at the very least.

The Azzurri have been placed in the seemingly easier half of the draw and the Roma fantasista has real faith in the side’s capabilities.

"There are a few journalists that are rather sceptical of our chances. But I remain convinced that this side can go all the way as we did at Euro 2000. I think we will definitely be in the last four," he said.

"Two years ago it was different because now we are more of a united group. The squad has had time to get to know me a bit more and they have understood what sort of character I am."

There is great expectation on Totti to produce the goods for Italy, even if he isn’t letting all the talk go to his head.

"I don’t feel like the leader of the side. People expect a lot of me because of the position in which I play in. But off the pitch I don’t feel important. If there is one man in the squad that can get the side going then that is Paolo Maldini," he continued.

The No 10 has been struggling for fitness of late but maintains that he will be ready for the Ecuador game.

"I’m almost fully fit, although I will be missing a touch of match sharpness. But I think I will be in form for Monday."

Speculation suggests that Totti could be selected to play alongside Christian Vieri in attack after Pippo Inzaghi was ruled out with injury.

"Trapattoni hasn’t told me where I will be playing. I can play behind the front two or as the second striker. I’ll play wherever he wants me to. Who would I choose to partner Vieri? Alex Del Piero or me."

Totti also revealed that a good tournament would be a significant step towards winning the Golden Ball.

"The World Cup is a fundamental aspect of winning that honour. All you have to do is look at what a good tournament did for Zinedine Zidane in 1998."

-------------------------------------------------------

Why would he bring 5 strikers (+ Totti) to the WC for a 4-4-2? I don't believe this.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
We can only know when he gets the subs on.... and at what period of the match. I would like to see Montella coming on at half time for Totti and Doni remains on the pitch. I dun think Totti will play full match.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I don't understand what's Trap's problem. Honestly, if he just doesn't want to play Montella and Del Piero then why bother to take them with him?

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
I seem to remember we tried that formation against England, but with Delvecchio instead of Vieri and it didn't work IMO.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ok thats enough..............ppl stop!!!........u cant curse traps b4 the goddam tournament has even started.....................if we lose and if his plans then start cursing traps..............not coz ur fav players r left out ..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
46,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The fact is that:
- DP prefers to play as a forward and Trap tries to make him play as an offensive midfielder.
- Totti prefers to play as an offensive midfield and Trap want him to play as a forward.

If you see something reasonable in this.....

Unfortunately Trap often try to change position to players.
Some years ago Trap wanted Vialli to play as a midfielder...

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
I have no probs with this

Doni is our best trequartista, save for pirlo in italy

TOtti was great as a support striker in E2K
and DP sucks ass on nationalk level
montella will obviously not play

so this isnt a bad comprimise

Lav

·
Registered
184 Posts
But is Doni fit?

Last I heard Doni was injured and has not played in any of the recent games. How can he suddenly be slotted into the starting lineup?

I have asked several times and no one has replied that Doni is ready to play. Does no one know?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
it's a mistery baresi. But it looks like Trap will field Doni and Totti who both are coming back from a long time injury.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Why can't Trap give Montella a chance, while Inzaghi is recovering?:confused: Why change a sucessful tactic of 3-4-1-2?

Anyway FORZA ITALIA
Ciao

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Because if Montella or Alex start and play well (likely), Trap will have an egg on his face when he benchs one of them for mr. well-connected Inzaghi

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Vampire Lestat hit the nine inch nail right on the head!!!

another disgraceful performance would really put traps and the whole team under pressure!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I guess thats why Inzaghi said that he will be the star of this world cup, he knows something most people don't. His start is guarnteed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
To think we could have had Baggio/Vierri and instead we get Pippo or Bust. Is he related to the next Pope or something?

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
baresi said:
To think we could have had Baggio/Vierri
:depress:

We had it last time and it still wasn't used properly and wasn't used enough. I wonder if Trap could end up a worse coach than Sacchi was?

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
BRILLIANT LESTAT BRILLIANT

I hadn't even thought of it

Oh its at times like this i wish i was part of the Italian media so i could expose Trapatoni on his BULLSH!T but no one of the wogs seems to have the balls to speak against Trapatoni and expose this PHUCKIN KHUNT FOR THE SCHMUCK HE IS

1 - 20 of 21 Posts