Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trap told to pick Corradi Saturday 31 January, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giuliano Giannichedda believes it would be a massive mistake if Lazio teammate Bernardo Corradi didn¡¦t make the Euro 2004 squad.

The striker is a contender to travel to Portugal even if Italy boss Giovanni Trapattoni has admitted that Samp¡¦s Fabio Bazzani could become his new Christian Vieri understudy.

"Bazzani is a fundamental figure for Sampdoria," said the midfielder who will face him in Serie A on Sunday.

"He is a strong player and I understand why Trapattoni is looking at him but I would prefer Corradi.

"If I had to choose between them then I would always go for Bernardo. I¡¦ve never seen a striker work as hard for the team as Corradi does for us."

Turning to the Serie A race, the former Udinese man believes that Lazio can improve on their form in the first half of the season.

"We now have players like Cesar, Lopez and Inzaghi back from injury, people that we missed earlier this term," he added.

"Now that the Coach has all of us available to him I¡¦m sure the side will improve, especially as we are all convinced of our ability."

channel4

1 - 1 of 1 Posts