Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Italian National team coach giovanni Trapattoni has revealed that he'd like to give Roberto Baggio one last chance to play for Italy.That is the Friendly vs spain on April the 28th.

·
Registered
45,552 Posts
Schumy said:
Italian National team coach giovanni Trapattoni has revealed that he'd like to give Roberto Baggio one last chance to play for Italy.That is the Friendly vs spain on April the 28th.
In my opinion it's useless charity. Baggio needs respect. Gentile is the one who can do something for Baggio, by convoking him for the Olympics (if we will qualify), Trap is two years late and now must just think about winning the Euro with the players he has. If he does not convoke Cassano he is once again a fool.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
BAGGIO needs no CONSOLATION-FRIENDLY game...especially from Traps!

BAGGIO can have lots of Friendly matches vs World XIs.

Olympics are Great for him... practically speaking.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree a gift My culo:mad: ,This is a peice of charity and a player of baggio's ilk should'nt have to come to this point.trapattoni is making it out likehe's doing Roby a favour.As much as it is an honour to represent your Country why should roby accept,it's a friendly and personally it's a way of saying here this is all you get.
vergogna!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Well what else is trap suppose to do? take him to euro 2004, maybe but at the moment we have many good younger players also, even though I think Baggio is just as good as them, but well he isnt gonna go so this is second best I suppose.

As for the olympics, we have to qualify for it first!!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
The olympics are a joke........ Who actually remembers what country won the last gold medal in soccer ?????

Baggio is too good for such a meaningless tournament. After all Its not like its the World Cup, or even the Euro's

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes it's fantastic to see Baggio in an azzurro shirt again,But to me this is an insult.What it's like Trap is doing him a favour.

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Vinman said:
The olympics are a joke........ Who actually remembers what country won the last gold medal in soccer ?????

Baggio is too good for such a meaningless tournament. After all Its not like its the World Cup, or even the Euro's
I assure you Nigeria remembers it... look, Olympics is not a world cup but so isn't a Euro... Baggio never played in any Euro before. He's World Wide stuff... if you ask me, it's better for him to play in the Olympics in front of the whole world, win the golden medal and be the star and talk of the tournament rather than sit on the bench in the Euro and be forgotten... though there was never any chance Trap would take him to the Euro anyway IMO.....

QUESTION: WHY NOT BRING BAGGIO TO THE FRIENDLY AGAINST PORTUGAL????

ANSWER: Trap only wants him for one farewell match, in italian soil.... ?

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If my memory serves me right 3 players over 23 are permitted to go to the Olympics.

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Baggio scored two wonderful, vintage goals vs. Ancona today and assisted for another. The man now has 9 goals this season with about 8 matches to play, equal to Kaka and others.
He is still without an equal. I know you all are going to get mad, but I still think he deserves a call up for Euro 04.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Lets be very honest, if DI Vaio is the best we have to offer at the moment if we get a couple of injuries, then Primo is right. Baggio can be in the NT for 2004, because he is still better than Di Vaio.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Baggio is still the only man with the Intelligence that Italy need in the NT,He's far to Important to leave at home.His ability to change a game can be matched by no other,The rest offer so much Promise.But Il codino is the only certainty.

·
Registered
45,552 Posts
Deano said:
Lets be very honest, if DI Vaio is the best we have to offer at the moment if we get a couple of injuries, then Primo is right. Baggio can be in the NT for 2004, because he is still better than Di Vaio.
Right now just Totti can be considered a better choice than Baggio including all fantasisti and seconde punte.

With Baggio and Maldini among the 23 we would have more chances to win the Euro.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Agreed, My 5/6 choices witout Baggio would be Vieri, Inzaghi, Totti, Cassano, Del Piero, Di Natale... if Del piero is injured then Baggio would be the addition, hopefully not Di Vaio or the current Montella, Miccoli is a good player but out of form too.

Anyway, I will see how Miccoli plays this week, if he plays that is, he should get the chance. Maldini would solve any problems we have as he is miles better than Legro and Adani for sure.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts