Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Totti is back in training (Allsport)

05/23/2002. Italy coach Giovanni Trapattoni has given the clearest indication yet that he'll go with the 4-4-2 formation in his side's first match against Ecuador.

He also stated that Francesco Totti is on the mend after his thigh injury and hopes that he can play 45 to 60 minutes against Kashima in the team's final warm-up game before the tournament begins.

With regards to the Ecuador game, Trap said: "I have many players and thousands of possibilities and among these is also the 4-4-2."

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
it would be a dream to see a 4-4-2 line up.

if so, will he still choose pippo and vieri upfront?? or will he play totti upfront with vieri??

personally i would love to see a 4-4-2 with DP, Totti. Doni and Vieri all playing at once.

it is possible, doni playing left, totti behind vieri and del piero. montella can come on for DP, inzaghi for vieri, coco for doni.

it works well i think.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
If its 4-4-2:

_______________BUFFON______________

PANUCCI____CANNA___NESTA____MALDINI

ZAMBRO___DI BIAGGIO___ZANETTI___DONI

____________VIERI___TOTTI___________

OR an aggressive one using 4-3-1-2....

______________BUFFON_____________

PANUCCI___CANNA___NESTA___MALDINI

______________TOMASSI_____________

__ZAMBRO___________________DONI__

_______________TOTTI______________

__________VIERI___DP/MONTELLA______

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
catenaccio, your second line up was much better as i think its both great defensively and great attacking as well.

your first side is way to defensive, zanetti and di biagio in the middle is just too defensive.

we want to win the WC by scoring, not by winning on penalties ;)

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
we want to win the WC by scoring, not by winning on penalties

But Italy win against Ecuador with this formation
Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts