Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Italy boss Giovanni Trapattoni has dropped a massive hint that Antonio Cassano will be part of his Euro 2004 squad.

"He is convincing me of his abilities," the Azzurri tactician told the Italian newspaper ‘Il Messaggero’ on Friday.

"I’m not too concerned about whether he has his head screwed on the right way. I’m just interested in his positioning on the field."

The Roma youngster has undoubted ability as his season so far with the Giallorossi clearly illustrates.

However, he has the critics split over whether he has the maturity to cope with the occasion given his short fuse.

"He’s passed the exam in my eyes," added Trap. "He’s been playing in an attacking wide position for months now. He is ready to do that.

"There is also the bonus that he speaks the same footballing language as Francesco Totti. I need a player like him in that position."

Cassano made his debut late last year, against Poland where he scored in the 3-1 loss, in a 4-2-3-1 formation. A system that aided Italy’s safe passage to Euro 2004.

"We now have a few more solutions thanks to that system of play," continued the former Juventus maestro.

"It gives us a tactical variation. We’re more attack minded and that obviously helps to increase the entertainment level."

Trapattoni, who is set to quit after the European Championships, also spoke about his future.

"I’m been happy at all the clubs that I have Coached," he said. "But I was really happy at Bayern Munich.

"I was with three men who came through my football era: Rummenigge, Beckenbauer and Hoeness. Anyway, I don’t know where I will go next."

channel 4
----------------------------

Yes! Great news. Finally Trap has realised. Lets hope he gets selected for Euro 2004 and keeps up his good form with us!

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Jacko man Utd could've done with someone of Cassano's quality,he's one of the hottest young stars in europe and if he goes to portufal watch out for him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts