Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i keep hearing stories of different players being linked to barca such as crespo, panucci and riquelme but i also heard barca have no money for transfers. what's the story?:confused:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
barça is always looking for players, but a lot of names that appears on press never arrives to barcelona, barça ask for a player and if the other club want barça makes an offert, also barça can get money from others operations like sell players

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
barca is from the top five reachest clubs in the universe...so money is not the problem....i think the problem is the choosing...
Requelme is the player from barca list beside beckham....

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
The Roman said:
i keep hearing stories of different players being linked to barca such as crespo, panucci and riquelme but i also heard barca have no money for transfers. what's the story?:confused:
yes its true to a certain degree, theree is no big money at barca these days, the times when we could list 4-5 big names on our transfer policy is long gone. Howver as real have proven u can be 200 million dollars in debt and stil have enuff money to pull the biggest transfer (figo for 37.5 million pounds) since then they sold off heaps of property (at inflated rate thanks to the government but thats another story!)...

anyhow, barca aint the big spender no more, so dont expect Gaspart to pull in crespo and nesta, its just a dream (unless we sell half the squad)... the last time we had money to burn, gaspart burned it alright, he bought overmars, petit, and dutruel with the figo proceeds.... an' where are they now??

cheers

joe

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
and don't forget that Luis Vangaal transfer barca bank to ajax bank...that was really the big loose, but barca have the money to buy without selling i think:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
:wth: Emperor, where are you talking about? Van Gaal only bought Frank and Ronald from Ajax. He paid around 18 million Euro for them so don't say he made Ajax rich. He bought Kluivert, Bogarde and Reiziger from Milan.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Barca is not the only club in Europe with financial problems. In my opinion the european transfermarket shows alot of similarities with the Internet-hype: It's one big air bubble.

Every big club in the big leagues of europe (Spain, England, Italy and, to a lesser extent, Germany) bought players for astronomical amounts of money: Zidane (73 Million), Figo (61 Million), Crespo (57 Million), Mendieta (48 Million), Veron (45 Million) and so forth... For these clubs, however rich they are, it is a big and risky investment that solely relies on the fact that player will bring in pricemoney (especially CL) and that he can be sold for even more money within a couple of years. This creates a spiral effect upwards where players become more expensive every year: the hype!

This upward spiral works as long as the clubs are making profits. But they don't anymore! AC Milan is selling their players, Leeds is reducing his selection, Barca has run out of money.... These are big european soccer teams who cannot pay as lot as they are used to anymore. The naturral result of this is that the spiral will stop and the bubble will burst, i think within the next two or three years. The players value (financially speaking) will decline rapidly and clubs are left with enormous debts.

Therefore I hope that Barca won't spend more money than they have this summer. Maybe sell a few players to attract others, but don't create any debts.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Re: Re: Transfers

Wankski_au said:

yes its true to a certain degree, theree is no big money at barca these days, the times when we could list 4-5 big names on our transfer policy is long gone. [...........] anyhow, barca aint the big spender no more, so dont expect Gaspart to pull in crespo and nesta, its just a dream (unless we sell half the squad)... the last time we had money to burn, gaspart burned it alright, he bought overmars, petit, and dutruel with the figo proceeds.... an' where are they now??
I generally like your posts, but:
This is the second time you have said such things.... But I think you exaggerate too much:

Just think.. Saviola, Andersson, Rochemback, Giovanni, Christanval
+ Coco(loan+option)... we are (arguably) still the biggest club in the world in terms of money.

All this comes to about 50million pounds.. but we sold, Petit, Zenden and Simao for about 7million pounds each.. so we spent about 30+ million pounds.

RM spend about 45million, manU spend about 45millin, and ACMilan spend over 50million. I think we were #4. Also, if we had a EU passport for Riquelme, I really think he would be playing here.

Then add in the fact that we lost something like 12 million pounds in CL revenue because we crashed out, and we are pretty much even with those other three teams.. which made the CL 2nd stage.

I didn't add in the numbers for coco.. because its only 2 million. If somebody wants to do a better.. more accurate analysis.. go ahead.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
yeah i understand where u're coming from, but keep in mind that capello wanted both crespo and nesta, there were figured like 100 million plus rivo to lazio !!! i know these are hyped up by unreliable sports jornos but in any case i doubt we can afford crespo or nesta, let alone both....

but i still think gaspart should have spent the revenue from figo more wisely....

actually petit and overmars are good players, god knows we needed a good defensive midfielder, but he wasnt used properly, gaspart should have gotten a world class coach first off to replace van gaal....

cheers

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Anton Parera, the Sports Dircetor has anounced that Barcelona will sign 2 or 3 players next season. WhATEVER THE TRUTH ABIOUT BARCELONA FINANCES Barcelona will not spend much money next season.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Wankski_au said:
actually petit and overmars are good players, god knows we needed a good defensive midfielder, but he wasnt used properly, gaspart should have gotten a world class coach first off to replace van gaal....

cheers
i agree 100%. I hope we can finally get a coach that is intelligent, creative, and has the respect of the players.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts