Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe pires is coming, wenger has said that he is very interested in him

also in france, marseille is preparing to sell luccin, who plays cm i think, and arsenal should get him as cover for petit when he leaves, or if he plays well, making him first choice pairing with vieira

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

·
Registered
708 Posts
hmm. I thougt Lucin was a defender, but maybe not... If he is a central midfielder it would be great to be able to rotate him with Petit and Vieria. But what about Pires. Does he play on the left or the right. If it is the left, we don't need him as we have Overmars and Ljundberg. If he plays on the right, that would be great. We can then sell Parlour, who is good, but not world class.

I

·
0 Posts
I heard that Wenger was reportedly set to buy Pires for 7 million pounds. I think that was from soccernet.

D

·
0 Posts
It's reported Arsenal is going to sing Pires after Wednesday's UEFA Cup Final for 6 million pounds.

Luccin is probably the most talented youngster and most promising player France have got at the moment. Marseill need to do some major re-shuffling, and it was reported OM was going to sell him if a club was interested in buying Luccin.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
luccin will be signed by some great italian team,what i heard.
pires may go to arsenal,but he said he was more interested in real madrid,but they don't want him.
i think arsenal would do only one think!!!
by a new keeper,seaman is not that good anymore,and thats it don't buy anything just try to be a team!!!

B

·
0 Posts
I just read on football365.com that ManU is looking at Thuram for 11m. WE should be going after players like this. 11m for one of the best defendersn the world (in an area that will need rebuilding soon) is a bargain. He is french, we have a french manager and presence in the squad so it seems perfect. Also, we should gradually put more young players into the squad. (Cole, etc.)

------------------
b-russ

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yahoo
pires signed for 7M pounds
one of arsenal's big signings for the close season :)
overmars i think is not going to leave, so wheres pires going to play?

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Pires natural Position is a left-winger but Marseille only used him as a Attacking midfielder or striker because Dalmat was playing on the left.
So we won't have to buy a an extra striker.
Overmars or Malz should leave because they won't want to get benched.

If we want a good striker i would say buy Nonda a senegal ST of Rennes he played superb this season and scored 15 goals.

Also Arsenal is interested in Someill a right defender a possible replacement for
Dixon, he is also from french club Rennes.

Vivas should be sold to Celta or any other Spanish club because i don't think Arsenal
could use him because we still have Luzhny.

I hope Upson will make it back for a cover behind Keown and Adams, he can also play on the left side so Winterburn can leave, west ham had interest in him.

We don't need a new keeper jet maby next year when Seaman and Lukic are retirering.
Manninger can take over.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
where did you read pires was signed?
i have only heard the speculations.....

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
read on soccernet
also
chelsea has bid for salas
maybe wenger should too eh?
and reports that wenger is interested in lauren from real mallorca for 7M
can play right or centre midfield and defence
like petit :)

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

D

·
0 Posts
Why did they sign Lauren first, just hurry up and sign Pires, other clubs qould like to have him too. And Luccin, Arsenal should still fight to get him, Luccin was by far together with Pires the best 2 players at Marseille this season.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
sorry guys,but i think arsenal is one of the worst teams in the world,and the main reason is that i think they lost their glory with arsene wenger,i just hate this guy and his colony of stars,and every time arsenal lose a game he have something to blame.....
go back to france and dissapear forever...

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
would you like to go back to old boring footbal?
i think Arsenal is one of the best balanced teams, with lots of expierence but also young players like Kanu, Viera and Henry.
Wenger was just unlucky with the CL.
this year they lost to much points against little clubs, and Man Udt didn't so they won.

About Lauren he is signed only needs a medical to pass.
I don't think he can play as full-back and i don't think he will replace Parlour.
Will probaly be benched and play some games in the starting line up if wenger wants to rest someone or anybody gets injured.

Pires isn't signed yet but will still probaly join before EURO 2000.
He is good really good.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:)
lauren is very versatile, that is good for arsenal
pires i think will definitely be an arsenal player by next season
he says he wants to play for arsenal so...

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

D

·
0 Posts
It's confirmed now that Lauren is offially an Arsenal player.

Arsenal should now hurry get Pires, they can get him, now they should damn well get him too before another club will have signed him.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
like i said before,i must answer on this transfer speculations,and try to keep the forum alive....

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
wait a minute,i think parlour is good and must stay in the team :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
If Pires doesn't play on the right, then I don't understand why we need him?

We should sell Parlour, and then buy Ronald De Boer. That will give us a starting line up in midfield of overmars petit Veiria De Boer with Lauren and Ljundberg (both very versatile) rotating in. That Midfield is even better than Manure's!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts