Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The euro-fever is getting us all. but in about a month the competition starts again. what do you guys think is the best transfer untill now. give me a top 3!

1) kaku to genk (and imagining anderlecht bought hasi and vanderhaeghen)
2) deflandre to ??? for a lot of money (still a rumour but brugge would be stupid not to sell him)
3) dragutinovic to standard (great underrated player)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
This is a hard one.

1)Aarst-Dragutinovic to Standard (Aarst has an agreement with Standard and i expect Standard and Gent also get one so i count it already ;)) : When is Standard finally going to perform well ? These 2 will help them a lot i think !

2)Kaku to Genk : only number 2 because my #1 our 2 players :D

3)Sillah (back to Brugge after a loan to Harelbeke) : I don't know if this counts but he was amazing with Harelbeke. I hope Sollied let this guy play !!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Aalst
In : Hillaerts (V.Denderhoutem),Mrvaljevic (Spartak),Majovic (FC Antwerp)
Out : Daelmans (SK Lommel), Milosevic (back to Macedonië), Vergeylen (Roeselare), De Oliveira (Austria Wien), Sarli (Dubaï), Van Steenberghe (La Louvière), D. Cooreman (Beitar Sheba-Israel), Van der Heyden (Club Brugge KV)

Anderlecht
In : Vanderhaeghe (R. Exc. Mouscron), Hasi (KRC Genk), Ilic (Club Brugge KV), Pirard (La Louvière), Peersman (SK Beveren)
Out : Claeys (K. Lierse SK), Stassin (Mönchengladbach-Germany), Scifo (SC Charleroi)

Antwerp
In : Mampaey (Willem II-Netherlands), Peelman (SK Lierse)
Out : Majovic (KSC Eendracht Aalst), Pivaljevic (FC Keulen)

Beveren
In : Thans (VC Westerlo), Capidis (Strombeek)
Out : Peersman (Anderlecht), Dhont (Germinal Beerschot), Van Den Eede (Den Bosch-Netherlands), De Meyer (Ingelmunster), Scalia (La Louvière)

Club Brugge
In : Ebou Sillah (RC Harelbeke), Stijnen (Hasselt), J. Duarte (Apolina-Brasil), Simons (SK Lommel), Van der Heyden (Eendracht Aalst), Nemec (Mura-Slovenia)
Out : Vande Walle (KAA Gent), Borkelmans (KAA Gent), Ilic (RSC Anderlecht)

Charleroi
In : Petit (Bergen), Scifo (RSC Anderlecht), Foguenne (KAA Gent), M. Vangronsveld (KRC Genk), Kimoni (KV Kortrijk), Remacle (R. Standard de Liège), Dias (R. Standard de Liège)

Genk
In : Chatelle (KAA Gent), Moons (Germinal Beerschot), Sonck (Germinal Beerschot), Paas (RC Harelbeke), Emeran (KV Mechelen), B. Kaku (RC Harelbeke), Roumani (Maroco), Didier Zokora (Ivory Coast)
Out: Hasi (RSC Anderlecht), M. Vangronsveld (SC Charleroi),
Caushllari (Inglemunster),Gudjonsson (RKC-Netherlands), Horvath (Cottbus-Germany), Nsumbu (Verbr. Geel), Van Hees (Verbr. Geel)

Gent
In : Peeters (Bielefeld-Germany), Borkelmans (Club Brugge KV), Cipi (Maribor)
Out : Dauwen (VC Westerlo), Chatelle (KRC Genk),Foguenne (SC Charleroi),Dragutinovic (R. Standard de Liège),O.M Aarst (R. Standard de Liège)

GBA
In : Dhont (SK Beveren),Knezevic (Australia),Luciano (Brasil),Milinovic (ASK Linz-Austria),Van der Weyer (K. Lierse SK),Huysmans (K. Lierse SK)
Out : Moons (KRC Genk), Sonck (KRC Genk),Hofmans (retire)
Smidts (KV Mechelen)

Harelbeke
In : Notebaert (La Louvière),Geeroms (Denderleeuw),Camara (Guinée),Frans (VC Westerlo),Sas (Dessel Sport
Out : Paas (KRC Genk), Ebou Sillah (Club Brugge KV),Vandoorne (R. Exc. Mouscron),Kaku (KRC Genk)

La Louviere
In : Haydock (RWD Molenbeek),Van Steenberghe (Eendracht Aalst),Scalia (SK Beveren),Yousfi (Roeselare),Lebegge (KV Mechelen)

Lierse
In : Pepa (Benfica-Portugal),Van Der Straeten (Maritimo-Portugal) ,Claeys (RSC Anderlecht),Vandooren (R.Excelsior Mouscron)
Out: Peelman (FC Antwerp),Nijs (Genclerbirligi-Turkey)
Van der Weyer (Germinal Beerschot),Huysmans (Germinal Beerschot)

Sporting Lokeren Sint-Niklaas Waasland What a name :)
In : Helgason (Stavanger-Norway)
Out : Budka (FK Jablonec-Tsj),Kozak (FC Kosice-Slo),Penicka

Mechelen
In : Geebelen (Maasland),Ferket (Kapellen),Masachiro Endo (S-Pulse-Japan),Hermansen (Lyngby-Denmark),Meeusen (Verbr. Geel),Guadelupe (Universitario-Peru) ,Del Solar (Universitario-Peru) ,Smidts (Germinal Beerschot)
Out : Emeran (KRC Genk) ,Vandenbroeck (Roda JC-Netherlands)
,Lebegge (La Louvière)

Moeskroen
In : Cleiton Rodrigues de Souza (Denderleeuw),Crv (Maasland)
Vandoorne (RC Harelbeke),Duynslaeger (Roeselare),Mitrovic (VC Westerlo) ,Jestrovic (FC Metz-France) ,Bakadal (Grenoble-France)
Out : Vanderhaeghe (RSC Anderlecht),Tanghe (FC Utrecht-Netherlands),El Idrissi (Santa Clara-Portugal),Wuyts Van Durme (Estaimpuis) ,Nzuzi (RWD Molenbeek), Vandooren (K. Lierse SK)

STVV
In : Dimitriadis (OC Charleroi), Mbonabucya (Gaziantespor-Turkey),Babic (Marconi Stallions -Australia)
Out : Claes (Heerenveen-Netherlands), Burg (fired), Mertens, Nijs, Grammet

Standard
In : Vlcek (Slavia Praag),Folha (FC Porto-Portugal) ,Meyssen (Salzburg-Austria) ,Dragutinovic (KAA Gent) ,O.M Aarst (KAA Gent)
Out : Remacle (SC Charleroi) ,Dias (SC Charleroi)

Westerlo
In : Dauwen (AA Gent)
Out : Thans (SK Beveren),Mitrovic (R. Exc. Mouscron) ,Frans (RC Harelbeke

Do you know some more ?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Deflandre to Lyon

The Deflandre deal is done. The player reached an agreement and soon the 2 clubs will complete the deal. The transfer fee would be around $4 million.

Deflandre is a good player but he surely ain't worth this money. That's more then the whole year-budget of my team :eek: !

D

·
0 Posts
Sunderland are after Bart Goor.
Sunderland face stiff competition from Perugia for 27-year-old Bart Goor should they pursue their interest in him. The Italian Serie A club have entered the race for the Anderlecht winger and look ready to meets the Brussels club's £4m asking price.
Goor was possibly Belgium's best player during Euro 2000.

D

·
0 Posts
Slighty more detail on Eric Deflandre's transfer to Lyon -

In the final press conference of the Belgian Euro 2000 campaign, Eric Deflandre announced that he will be signing for Olympique Lyon after medical staff from the French club arrived in Liege to examine the player before he signed a four-year deal.

Deflandre said: "Now the clubs must find an agreement. Bruges asked for some 35 million Francs (£3.3 million)."

The 27-year-old had serious talks about a move to Liverpool, he had already made up his mind. "Everyone talked to me about English football, with my physical build," said Deflandre. "But France is a very beautiful country and the championship is one of the best in Europe.

"Moreover, Lyon made the first offer and desired me the most. I talked with the coach, he wants me as a right back. I will start training with L'OL in two weeks."

The acquisition of Deflandre means that Patrice Carteron could still move on, with Liverpool also being linked with the Lyon full back. Jean Michel Aulas, the club president, has described a reported offer from The Reds as "insufficient."

It is believed that Lyon are seeking a fee in the region of £3.8 million for the defender, and that may deter Gerard Houllier from making another move - although he plays in a position that the Merseysiders will definitely look to fill this summer.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Bobby Robson was so impressed by Jan Koller’s performances in Euro 2000 that the Newcastle boss is ready to offer £6.5 million for the giant Czech striker, plus Temuri Ketsbaia and Croat playmaker Silvio Maric.

The deal could be attractive to Anderlecht, who have a history of selling their best players. The fee would easily be the largest ever received by the Brussels club and the profiles of the two players on offer might be attractive to Aimé Antheunis and his men.

Ketsbaia could replace Koller although it would certainly mean a change in the team’s tactics. The 27-year-old Czech is much more of a team player and his strength in the air could not easily be replaced. Maric, a £3.5 million buy from Croatia Zagreb, has never found form in the Premiership. However, if he clicked at Anderlecht, he could give then some extra options in midfield following the loss of Par Zetterberg.

It’s no surprise that Robson has decided to unload some players from his top-heavy squad. The arrival of Koller might even lead to different roles in the future for Alan Shearer and would put a big question mark over the future of Duncan Ferguson at St James' Park.

There’s been no concrete offer yet and none is expected until Newcastle return after the summer break on July 8. There would be an added bonus if Anderlecht act quickly. Before joining AEK Athens, Ketsbaia used to play for Anderlecht’s European opponents Famagouste.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you think Anderlecht should accept this ? I know they said they wouldn't sell him before september but I think it's quite an offer and if the 2 players would like to join the club it would be a good reinforcement for Anderlecht. If they are coming against their will it isn't a good thing.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I think this is a big oppertunity for RSCA, I think they should go for it.

I mean 6.5 mil.£ + 3.5 mil. £ + ? = 9mil. £ + replacement striker.

For all the Belgians: 10mil. £ is close to 700.000.000 miljoen frank.

With this Ketsbaia, Maric ( and Dindane?) and all the money to buy a real classful defender or additional striker ( Brogno?) Anderlecht would do great next season.

These player swaps are always much better than just money anyway I quess.

ADRIAAN
_________

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't like it at all. sure it looks good certainly if make the sum and end up with 10 mil £, but that would be too easy, because

1) how motivated will ketsbaia and maric be to play in a minor league like the belgian.
2) they won't be coming for nothing, their salary will be enormousn and i don't think they will be worth it.
3) you can ask yourself are they really that good. to be honest i don't think neither of them has proven anything in england. on the other hand koller has proven to have what it takes.
4) anderlecht will have to change his way of playing (like kevin said). this could take a while. with the prelimary rounds of the cl coming up we won't have that much time.
5) my main argument against it is: i don't knwo about ketsbaia, but i do know maric is a complete jerk. he thinks he's god's gift to football. how will he react if antheunis chooses for stoica (who is way better)?

with didane's signing anderlecht has done a major signing for upfront. we can't mess this up by selling one of the best forwards in europe. definitely not for 2 nobody's like ketsbaia and maric!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Apart from Zetterberg’s replacement, Antheunis’s main concern is the possibility of further transfers. He’s optimistic at the moment. "Happily for us, the offers for Bart Goor, Walter Baseggio and Jan Koller have not succeeded.

"I’ve received assurances from the president (Roger Vanden Stock) that they won’t leave. When we became champions he told me that the squad would not be plundered. He’s kept his word."

Antheunis saw Zetterberg as a special case. "Zetterberg had received a promise that if an interesting offer was made, Anderlecht would not stand in his way. Roger Vanden Stock was as good as his word on that."

If Anderlecht keeps this team they have a great attack. A very good midfield and a good defense.

They should go out from their offensive strenghts because they will have the same problems as last season that they will easily get some goals against. Although they bought some defensive midfielders who do a lot of work.

Biggest problem will still be the departure of Zetterberg. How much will the Swede be missed, both as captain and as playmaker. The two most likely candidates to replace him are the 20-year-old Romanian Alin Stoica, and the 21-year-old Belgian international Walter Baseggio.

Stoica has already spent four years at Anderlecht without gaining a regular place in the team. A brilliant individual, he has played six times for Romania and sees next season as his big chance to make a name for himself.

Baseggio, meanwhile, was used last season as a defensive midfield player behind Zetterberg. Coach Aime Anthuenis, however, doesn’t rate him in that position and bought not one but two replacements in the close season - Besnik Hasi from Genk and Yves Vanderhaeghe from Excelsior Mouscron.

Baseggio, therefore, becomes a contender for the playmaker spot. It’s a position he’s more suited for but he’ll probably need a couple of years experience before he can effectively replace Zetterberg.

Anderlecht also still have the Ukrainian Oleg Iachtchouk but his main problem will be to don't get any injuries.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts