12101 - 12120 of 12134 Posts

·
Registered
HNK Rijeka, Croatian National Team
6,869 Posts

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
@dalmate you make some good points, that is a lot of players who haven’t done great in Serie A. I wonder if it says more about the players themselves then the league, or to the earlier point something doesn’t translate for our guys moving into that league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
[/QUOTE]
I wonder if it says more about the players themselves then the league, or to the earlier point something doesn’t translate for our guys moving into that league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good points.

I think player quality is a part of it. At the end of the day, are guys like Coric, Halilovic, etc. deserving of a shot with some big team? The proof is in the pudding with those two; both started with bigger teams, moved out of Serie A to mid-table leagues and never found their form. I'd say both of those examples are a step away from coming back to the HNL. Maybe the talent evaluators at Roma and Milan were onto something...?

Also, Serie A traditionally has never been too friendly to young talent, especially youngsters from outside of Italy. That is starting to change and with that, seems like the quality of Serie A is picking back up.

Reactions: Nepoznat

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
This is a bit of a chicken and the egg argument too.

Ante Coric failed in multiple stops and was recently in Slovenia. I tend to blame him more for his career failure than Roma. Desire, determination, patience, discipline are some things that probably can’t be developed you kinda just have it or you don’t. (Plus no pace) But with that said I think young players in Serie A is kinda like the repka a club of older guys who get the benefit and outside of some of the smaller clubs not much reward is put into the youth sides. It’s a demotivating thing for a young player open real competition drives allot of people.

If I’m a young player I’d rather go to a Portuguese, Dutch or a Dinamo type place. A place that puts a premium on youth fosters the development and makes money off of that. They’re incentivized and that is their model. I think more people are seeing he value of that approach for their career. Look at Olmo now? Would he even be in a top 5 league if he were with the Barcelona youth? I’m not sure? My little guy does well I will advise him good;)

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
If I’m a young player I’d rather go to a Portuguese, Dutch or a Dinamo type place. A place that puts a premium on youth fosters the development and makes money off of that. They’re incentivized and that is their model. I think more people are seeing he value of that approach for their career. Look at Olmo now? Would he even be in a top 5 league if he were with the Barcelona youth? I’m not sure? My little guy does well I will advise him good;)
That works sometimes and then it doesn't. Look at a guy like Robert Muric. Started his career at Jong Ajax, played at Braga reserves and quick pit stop in Serie B and while he's turned into one of the better players in the HNL... he's back domestically, when his ceiling was a lot higher. Same applies to Balic. Started at Udinese, which is Serie A but they're traditionally a mid-table club with no pressure and are known to help youngsters grow. He bounces around on a few loans in Serie B, Slovak League and Dutch League and now he's a starter in the Slovak Leaguw when again, ceiling way higher than that for him.

I think a part of it is the Cro media hype machine and that doing our youth any favors, but also our youth products understanding what they need and moving to a club where they can get that and continue to grow. We're obviously never going to have an 100% success rate on prospects and if anything, we've had less and less major busts the last few years but I'm hoping these guys view their growth holistically and not just marquee club, biggest paycheck, etc.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
CSKA are open to selling Vlasic, the main clubs mentioned are Milan, Atalanta and Real Betis however they want a loan w/option to buy instead
Think anything will come of the Everton rumors, now that Rafa is over there?

·
Registered
70,095 Posts
Think anything will come of the Everton rumors, now that Rafa is over there?
Haven't really seen anything of it, problem is CSKA is asking alot of money for Vlasic so the options are limited (though most English clubs are probably the only ones who could afford him), for example Betis the latest rumor only recently are signing players for 20m euros and thats because they have sold well

Along with Juranovic, Martin Erlic is also being linked with Fiorentina

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Vrslajko being offered a 3 year deal with Fenerbache. I think something like this would be a good move for him. He needs to play and Fener is at a pretty good level in a decent league. Also has interest from a few Serie A teams. I haven’t given up on Sime

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Vrslajko being offered a 3 year deal with Fenerbache. I think something like this would be a good move for him. He needs to play and Fener is at a pretty good level in a decent league. Also has interest from a few Serie A teams. I haven’t given up on Sime
Me neither mate!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Russian media reports that Vlasic is close to Milan. It’s a loan deal with a obligation to buy if they make the champions league. If not it’s up to Milan if they buy Vlasic or not.

·
Registered
70,095 Posts
CSKA rejected a 10-15m bid from Brentford for Vlasic, Milan is still an option but CSKA are asking for at least 30m; very likely he goes there on some sort of loan w/option to buy deal

Wolfsburg are open to selling Brekalo, Atletico showing some interest

Roko Simic officially signed for Salzburg, he will play for their feeder team Liefering in the Austrian 2nd tier

·
No pain - No gain.
4,493 Posts
CSKA rejected a 10-15m bid from Brentford for Vlasic, Milan is still an option but CSKA are asking for at least 30m; very likely he goes there on some sort of loan w/option to buy deal

Wolfsburg are open to selling Brekalo, Atletico showing some interest

Roko Simic officially signed for Salzburg, he will play for their feeder team Liefering in the Austrian 2nd tier

We're also talking about Leeds United who is leading the race for him, plus Inter and Milan.

But Nottingham Forest side seems very interested by Sandro Kulenovic, and Chris Hughton has expressed his strong desire to have the player in his team. And the club has made an offer around 3m.€.

·
Registered
Hrvatska, Hajduk
3,660 Posts
Sources are reporting that tomorrow Hajduk will announce that they have signed Krovinovic. It is unclear whether it will be a loan or if Benfica will be terminating his contract.

12101 - 12120 of 12134 Posts