Xtratime Community banner

12021 - 12033 of 12033 Posts

·
Registered
69,451 Posts
In a potential surprise move Caleta-Car appears close to joining West Ham for 25m euros, dependent on Marseille finding a replacement

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Biggest losers in this transfer Window.

Lovre Kalinic - he needs to leave Aston Villa. The EFL window is open till October 16th, so can transfer somewhere within England. still he is a loser this transfer window
Branimir Kalaica - I have no idea what he is still doing in Benfica B. it has been 4+ years there now. Ruben Dias was sold so he better be promoted to the first team
Filip Benkovic - 2 years and he has still has no first team playing time.He might be made of glass. And like Kalinic, he can still make a move within England.
Alen Halilovic - Ok he ripped up his contract with AC Milan, not like he should of gone there in the first place. Now he is without a contract and without a club.
Tin Jedvay - No idea what his plans for the next 3 months are. As he is not in Bayer leverkusens plans.
Sime Vrsaljko - Still at Atletico. Is not first choice(maybe not even second choice), but because he is often injured , no one was probably willing to take him.
Bruno Petkovic - I feel him staying at Dinamo Zagreb hurts him at this point. he needed to move to a bigger club/league and prove something there. There is nothing in the HNL for him.
Dominik Livakovic- See Bruno Petkovic.
Ante Palaversa - I am not sure he will get any playing time at Getafe this season, as Getafe seem set in that midfield. But i guess you go where your master(Man city) tells you to go.

·
Registered
69,451 Posts
Ante Budimir joins Osasuna on loan

Nikola Kalinic joins Hellas Verona

Karlo Letica returns to Serie A on loan, this time at Sampdoria where he is expected to be the backup

Biggest losers in this transfer Window.
Alen Halilovic - Ok he ripped up his contract with AC Milan, not like he should of gone there in the first place. Now he is without a contract and without a club.
Tin Jedvay - No idea what his plans for the next 3 months are. As he is not in Bayer leverkusens plans.
Bruno Petkovic - I feel him staying at Dinamo Zagreb hurts him at this point. he needed to move to a bigger club/league and prove something there. There is nothing in the HNL for him.
Halilovic is a free agent so he can sign anywhere even outside the transfer window but I doubt he has many options; Jedvaj is 4th choice CB at Leverkusen, doubt he plays much but he will still probably make the NT squad. There are some rumors about Petkovic not being totally motivated and being something of a night owl (not to the level of Sammir :whistle: ), I wonder if this effects things in terms of transfers but I also don't think he has much interest as the Cro media likes to reports where they keep saying he is Barca/Real Madrid caliber

·
Registered
69,451 Posts
Another Croatian player goes to MLS, this time its former youth NT player Franko Kovacevic who joins FC Cincinnati on loan from Hoffenheim II. Not really much of a prospect, he mostly played for Hajduk II making only 5 appearances for Hajduk's first team, then spent some time on loan at Rudes when they were in the HNL. He moved to Germany in 2019 but has played in the 4th tier there for Hoffenheim's reserve team but has a decent scoring rate there (6 goals in 9 games)

·
Registered
69,451 Posts
Index ran some story about Halilovic joining a Serie C side, seems to be completely fabricated or an ambitious thinking from the club to sign him. He does have some interest from La Liga (Getafe, Valladolid and Cadiz) while there were rumors of him returning to Dinamo but wages prevented that. Of course with FIFA changing their eligibility rules he is again eligible to play for BiH

·
Registered
602 Posts
Index ran some story about Halilovic joining a Serie C side, seems to be completely fabricated or an ambitious thinking from the club to sign him. He does have some interest from La Liga (Getafe, Valladolid and Cadiz) while there were rumors of him returning to Dinamo but wages prevented that. Of course with FIFA changing their eligibility rules he is again eligible to play for BiH
What is the eligibility rule now? I’m pretty sure it was if you started a game or had more then one appearance you could not switch National teams. As for Halilović I think he always wanted to play for BiH but Mamić convinced him otherwise.

·
Registered
69,451 Posts
What is the eligibility rule now? I’m pretty sure it was if you started a game or had more then one appearance you could not switch National teams. As for Halilović I think he always wanted to play for BiH but Mamić convinced him otherwise.
They changed the rules a bit a few months ago but after reading the new rule it appears Halilovic is still not eligible for BiH (more poor reporting by Cro press)

Basically the new rule is you can now switch national teams as long as you don't have more than 3 caps + haven't played for the NT in three years; Halilovic has 10 caps and played as recently as 2019 for Croatia

12021 - 12033 of 12033 Posts