Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Butt plays the waiting game

Goalkeeper Hans-Jörg Butt’s move to Bayer Leverkusen is up in the air. But Hamburg manager Holger Hieronymus said: “We have spoken again with Bayer and are getting closer to a deal.”

Bayer have made an improved offer for Butt. They are ready to pay DM12 million (€9.5m) for the player who will move, but the question is: when? He may have to wait until 2001 because of his contract.

The player himself doesn’t know if he’ll be at Bayer for the opening day of the Bundesliga season in August.

“I have to wait and see but everyone knows that I want to move to Bayer at once. But saying that, if I have to stay, that wouldn’t be a problem for me.”

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Aussie is record-breaker

Australian David Zdrilic will become Underhaching’s most expensive player ever when he moves from SSV Ulm in a DM1.5 million (€77,000) deal.

The elegant 26 year-old is a speedy player, and his contract will last two years. “He is an agile attacker and is very quick. He’ll help us,” said chief coach Lorenz-Günther Köstner.

Zdrilic should excel in a side which has a deep defence and which loves to attack on the break. Before coming to Germany, the Aussie played in Switzerland.

He said: “I had good meetings with coach Köstner and he made me believe that I could be important for Unterhaching. For my personal development this move is vital,” said the player who has 11 caps for the Australian national team.

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nine new faces for the Wolves of Wolfsburg

Last season Wolfsburg just missed out on a place in the Uefa-Cup. “We have European qualification in sight, but our first aim is to improve upon our position of ninth last season,” declared manager Peter Pander. With their high hopes of success in the forthcoming season, the club has invested in nine new players.

However, there is still one important piece of the wolves’ jigsaw missing: “We are looking for a defender,” declares head coach Wolfgang Wolf. “It would be best trying to find one who can play in several positions.”

Caretaker manager Peter Pander is currently reported to be having negotiations with Michael Svensson from Swedish club Halmstad BV.

Wolf adds: “The new players are a good mix. We’ve bought some who will be coming straight into the side and we’ve also invested in players for the future. We hope these less experienced ones will develop quickly and put pressure on the first team regulars.”

Midfielder Martin Wagner, who came to the club from Kaiserslautern, could well be a player to break into the team. The Austrian midfielder, Kühbauer, is also quite certain of being in the first eleven. Kühbauer, who came form San Sebastian in Spain, is to be the new team captain. Andreas Voss and Tomislav Maric are expected to be fighting for first team places. The players Sven Müller, Simon Fahner and Mike Busch are young professionals, who will help to push Wolfsburg a step closer to that Uefa-Cup place.

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everything must go at Perugia

Perugia have put ALL their players up for sale the club announced on Wednesday. "To avoid relegation, and maintain Perugia’s existence, we have to sell our entire playing squad. We will buy substitutes to rebuild our squad.

"If we fail in this plan, the fans will have the right to protest against us," the club said.

The clear-out started with the sale of Milan Rapajc to Fenerbahçe on Monday.

Chairman Luciano Gaucci added: "We are not going to sell cheaply. We have moved from the politics of Carlo Mazzone who wanted 'old' players, to the 'young' politics of our new coach Serse Cosmi. And I'm tired of criticism since I am the one who pays for this club. Supporters should wait until we finish rebuilding the team before they start to protest."

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lazio present Lopez

New Lazio signing Claudio Lopez, was presented to the Italian press on Wednesday afternoon. “El Piojo” said: “I am here to win everything there is to win. It will not be easy to improve one of the greatest squads in Europe, but I’ll do my best and give it my all.”

He added: “The city and the fans seem great and I love them already. I’m aware that the derby here in the capital city means a lot and is different from any other derby in Italy. Gabriel Batistuta and I talked about it while playing for the national squad and I want to beat him and Roma. I am totally available for Mr Eriksson and it is up to him whether he uses me.”

Asked about whether he would prefer to play with Marcelo Salas or Hernan Crespo he said: “I don’t know who I will play with but I just hope the coach gives me a chance. I am a goal man but its rewarding to help your team mates score too. Amedeo Carboni and the coach Claudio Ranieri tried to give me an idea of what it means to play in a Championship like the Italian one and I can’t wait to start.”

He concluded: “I’ve also been told that with Lazio, I can achieve great things like Giuseppe Signori or Roberto Mancini. They were heros and have meant a great deal to this club so I hope things will turn out the same for me.”

Claudio Lopez signed a five year contract with Lazio and will earn 6 billion liras (€3m) per season. After four years in Argentina with Racing Club, Lopez moved to Valencia (Spain) in 1996. Lazio bought him for 54 billion liras (€27m).

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Parma’s all new look midfield

The Sporting Director of Parma, Fabrizio Larini, has outlined Parma’s determination to improve their midfield next season.

"The midfield will be the area where we will work the most,” said Larini.

“Last season, that was where we suffered the most serious problems due to injuries and other things.

"We hope the purchases we have made will help us do this. We have already signed Micoud, Lamouchi, Appiah plus Falsini and we are close to signing Almeyda. We have also improved our strikeforce with Mboma and Bonazzoli," added the Director.

About the possible departure of Hernan Crespo to Lazio, Larini said:

"The current stalemate over Crespo is not our problem. There are some players we want who don’t seem to be interested in joining us such as Marcelo Salas and Sergio Conceicao."

Finally, he spared a few words about Alex, the attacking Brazilian midfielder who Parma have loaned from Palmeiras and will re-loan onto another club.

"He is the captain of the Brazilian Olympic team but we will re-consider him after he gets some more experience in a European league," Larini concluded.

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Salas obstructing Crespo move

Hernan Crespo’s tug-of war between Parma and Lazio has become the soap opera of the summer in Italy. An agreement between Lazio and Parma has been made but the deal is stalled over the exchange of Marcelo Salas.

The deal was agreed as Crespo for Matias Almeyda, Marcelo Salas plus 20 billion liras (€10.3m). Almeyda has moved to Parma, but the Chilean Matador has no intentions of moving.

“The chances of Salas accepting a transfer to Parma are almost zero at the moment,” declared the strikers’ agent Gustavo Mascardi.

Cragnotti is in South America trying to give it his last shot with Crespo, but if Salas keeps refusing, then the Lazio boss is ready to put into motion one of the most complicated market moves of recent years which would see four top squads involved.

The plan is that Salas would move from Lazio to Juventus (which the Chilean has agreed to); Filippo Inzaghi moves from Juventus to Milan; Oliver Bierhoff moves from Milan to Parma and at the end of it, Parma should let Hernan Crespo go.

One thing is for certain. Cragnotti does not give up and one way or the other Crespo will be his.

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cesar Sampaio continues Deportivo’s samba connection

Veteran international Cesar Sampaio has extended Deportivo la Coruña’s tradition of signing Brazilians by joining the Spanish champions from Palmeiras on a three-year contract.

The 32 year-old was thought to have agreed to a one-year deal with an option on a second but the club have sprung a surprise with a contract which will take him the ripe old age of 35 years old.

No doubt club president Augusto Cesar Lendoiro’s happy experience with two Brazilian veterans, the 37 year-old defender Donato and the 32 year-old midfielder Mauro Silva, has been influential in the decision.

The club’s Brazilian connection began in the early nineties when striker Bebeto had a highly successful stay and at present there are four other players from Brazil on the club’s books; Donato, Mauro Silva, Flavio Conceiçao and Djalminha, although the latter pair may soon be on their way.

“The fact that there are Brazilian players here will help me adapt to a city which I already love,” Ceasr Sampaio said at a specially arranged press conference in La Coruña.

“After playing in Japan I am very happy because I wanted to play in a European league, especially in Spain. For me it’s a really important challenge to dispute a league with such a high level,” the playmaker told reporters in La Coruña.

“I’ve arrived at Deportivo at just the right time as the club have just won the league. I have come here to work hard and try to make the team even stronger. I’ll be proud to be playing with the Spanish title winners in the Champions League, a competition with great prestige.”

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cavellero now belongs to Celta

The highly-respected Argentina international goalkeeper Pablo Cavallero has finally put pen to paper and signed a five-year contract with Celta Vigo.

Celta have paid Argentine club Velez Sarsfield 600 million pesetas (€3.6m) for the 26 year-old with a buy-out clause of 500 million (€3m).

The northern Spanish club have stepped in after Espanyol, who had Cavallero on loan last season, were unable to afford to sign the goalkeeper permanently.

“I chose Celta because it’s a club which is on the up and has a great future ahead,” a delighted Cavallero told reporters on Wednesday.

Cavallero will join his new club at the end of July after honouring his World Cup commitments with Argentina, who are currently topping the South American group for the 2002 finals.

“I’ll have no holidays this year but it was something which I was well aware would happen,” Cavallero explained.

Celta had also been linked with Atlético Madrid’s Spanish international goalkeeper Toni Jiménez but in the end opted for Cavallero’s safe pair of hands which helped to bring Espanyol their first Spanish Cup win for sixty years. Ironically in the final, Espanyol beat an Atlético side after a Toni mistake gifted them their first goal.

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Salva confirms Atlético move

Top marksman Salva Ballesta has made his final decision and has announced he will join relegated Atlético Madrid - ahead of title winners Deportivo la Coruña. However Salva’s club Racing Santander say that the deal has still to be agreed.

Salva’s 1,600 million peseta (€9.6m) move, reported by eurofootball.com two days ago, was confirmed by the Racing Santander striker himself late on Wednesday night

Yet the move is still subject to a stumbling block as Racing, who have received a bigger offer from Deportivo, have said that full agreement has not been reached with Atlético.

“Today we have received a big offer from Deportivo of 4,000 million pesetas (€24m) for Salva and Pedro Munitis. If we can’t agree a fee with Atlético then it’s irrelevant that the player has signed his own agreement,” Racing president Miguel Angel Díaz said.

The 25 year-old, who hit 27 goals in the Spanish First Division last season, seemed oblivious of any potential pitfalls and now appears to be taking his transfer for granted.

“The move was difficult because it means playing in the Second Division but Atlético is one of the biggest clubs in Spain and it doesn’t mean I’m taking a step backwards,” said Salva, who would join Jesus Gil’s club on a six-year contract.

“I wanted to be able to take my holidays having already decided where I would be playing next season. While Atlético are now in the Second Division their plans convinced me. The aim is to get the club back where they belong as quickly as possible.”

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Figo to Real sensation!

Candidate Florentino Pérez has rocked Real Madrid’s presidential campaign by possessing an agreement with Barcelona’s Luis Figo which could see the Portuguese international joining the club – if he wins the election on 16 July.

A pre-contract has been signed by both parties specifying that if elected as president Pérez would be prepared to pay Figo’s 10,000 million peseta (€60m) buy-out clause.

Figo, who has spent all summer contemplating his future which appeared to be leading him to Lazio, is known to be unhappy with the annual salary of 450 million pesetas (€2.7m) he receives at Barcelona.

“I have spoken to Florentino Pérez who has expressed his interest in the player,” Figo’s agent José Veiga told the Madrid daily “Marca” on Thursday.

“I’m not confirming it or denying the story. I will only say that when I have something to say I shall announce it myself and not through intermediaries,” Pérez said when the news broke.

The presidential under-dog’s coup will give a huge boost to his campaign against favourite Lorenzo Sanzm, who has been set on the back foot by the news.

“I wouldn’t pay 10,000 million pesetas, not in my right mind. Besides I don’t believe it. Again he is trying to fool the club’s members. It’s typical of Pérez’s campaign,” Sanz told reporters.

Meanwhile in Barcelona the report caused shock-waves as it would devastate the club to lose Figo to their bitterest rivals.

“Barcelona fans can be calm because Figo will stay. I know how happy he is at the club and he doesn’t want to leave. Señor Pérez should spend more time improving his campaign,” said Joan Gaspart, one of four candidates to replace the outgoing Josep Lluís Nuñez in Barcelona’s own presidential elections at the end of the month.

If the Figo transfer were to go through it would be the costliest move in football history, far exceeding the current record 7,500 million pesetas (€45m) which Christian Vieri cost Inter Milan from Lazio.

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Molina edges closer to Deportivo

Atlético Madrid goalkeeper José Francisco Molina is feeling so let down by the offer the relegated club have made him that he is now considering leaving to join Deportivo la Coruña.

Jesus Gil’s club expect Molina, who joined the club from Albacete in 1995, to take a wage cut while the club are in the Second Division as well as to extend his contract by an extra two years.

Despite the 29 year-old Spanish international having said that he had no intention of joining Deportivo, he is now having to re-think his position.

“There are contacts with Deportivo and that’s something, although there is still no agreement. Molina wanted to stay with Atlético but in football things change every couple of days. A footballer’s career is very short,” Molina’s agent, Ginés Carvajal, told reporters.

The summer saga of Atlético’s two Spanish international goalkeepers, Molina and Toni Jiménez, has been full of twists and turns with the fortunes of one directly affecting those of the other.

While it appeared at one stage that Toni was about to join Deportivo while Molina was to remain with Atlético the opposite could well turn out to be true.

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Berezovsky nobody’s monkey

Armenian goalkeeper Berezovsky was all set to sign for French outfit Saint Etienne but has stalled at the last moment due to a dispute over money.

A four-year deal had been tabled but the Zenit Saint-Petersbourg ‘keeper refused to sign at the last minute.

“I won’t play for peanuts. I don’t intend to be treated as a second-class player. I speak for myself and for all the eastern European players.

“That is why I now prefer to play in England – there they have far more consideration for foreign players.”

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ednilson favours Bastia

Roma’s young Portuguese midfielder, Ednilson, could be on his way to French club Bastia.

The 17 year-old captain of Portugal’s Under-18 side still has a year left on his contract and the Italian club are trying to tempt the promising teenager to pledge his future to the club.

But the player is holding out and seems only interested in a move to Bastia.

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Everton grab Alexandersson

Everton boss Walter Smith is signing Swedish star Niclas Alexandersson in a £2.5 million (€4m) deal.

Smith has won the chase for Alexandersson and will try to tie up the transfer over the weekend in talks with the right-winger.

Alexandersson has been pursued by Coventry, Derby and Aston Villa but Everton have pushed ahead with the swoop as they anticipate the sale of Nick Barmby.

Smith is staying tight-lipped about the swoop but sources close to Alexandersson reveal he will sign a contract next week.

Alexandersson kept his reputation intact as Wednesday went down last season and had a reasonable Euro 2000.

And with Everton counting on life without Barmby next season, they have lined him up as their first midfield capture of a busy summer.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Thanks for the information it seems you have been doing more tranfer talk than Driver X and if u like doing this i think u should be the moderater of this forum good work

FORZA INTER

1 - 20 of 21 Posts