Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bielefeld swoop for Bremen misfit Bogdanovic

Wednesday 10th July 2002

Newly-promoted Bundesliga side Arminia Bielefeld have strengthened their strike-force by signing former Yugoslavia forward Rade Bogdanovic on a Bosman free transfer from league rivals Werder Bremen. "I am very much looking forward to getting the chance to play first-team football again," he said.

The 32-year-old has been surplus to requirements at Bremen for most of the past two years, but the veteran is keen to show that he isn't past his sell-by date just yet. "I am by no means finished," he said.

The much-travelled forward made his name during a spell at Zeljeznicar Sarajevo before he moved to Pohang Atoms, J-League side Jef United, Dutch top-flight outfit NAC Breda and Atletico Madrid, finally arriving at the Weserstadion in 1998.

Bogdanovic is set to sign a one-year contract at the Alm which includes the option of another 12 months if he should impress coach Benno Mohlmann.

----------------------------------------
another brilliant transfer...

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
Yeah, I guess it would be a good chance for him to play some first team football

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
Maybe this team will do good next year, suprise other teams, just like Cheivo in Italy last season and looks like the same can happen this coming season with Atletico Madrid, who just got promoted to La Liga
Atletico has impressed me actually, with signings like Albertini, Jose Mari, Javi Moreno and close links with players like Riquelme, Simeone, Lopez and Mendieta of many...

·
Registered
404 Posts
I watched a Arminia Bielefeld game live in 96 as far as I can remember, against Duisburg ;)

Terrible team, however with all of our recent struggles this sounds fair enough.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Bogdanovic, waz a good player, I don't know why he waz left out of National team, he has so much experience in many different leagues! I like the player!:)

·
Banned
692 Posts
rules...

maybe the rest of you on this board should tell RedStarFanatic what the rules are and that we have agreed not to go on each others boards and start wars (he already posted on the Croatian board).

·
Banned
692 Posts
rules...

hmmm...there is this thing called READING you know. When you signed up for an account you should have read the rules (since you accepted them).

·
Registered
14 Posts
how's that for READING !!!:D ;)

Moderator: it is very bad for reading, my friend. I am determined to stop any kind of war here, so please behave. We don't need to answer every post there is.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
I see we have been doing fine lately:D ;)

RS fanatic Welcome to the Serbian soccer board:) Any queries or questions you might have please do not hesitate & feel free to PM me or Lightoller or any of the FM's on XT:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts