Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Mundo Deportivo, Barca is in the process of negotiating a transfer for Italian keeper Francesco Toldo. The deal includes transfering Vitor Baia to Fiorentina and another player yet to be named. This might be difficult because Barca are not sure about Baia's willingness to go to Italy. A similar deal is to be done with Hesp, and Arnau will be loaned most likely to Rayo Vallecano or Celta. Leaving Barca with Toldo and Dutruel. Two other negotiations are those concerning the french midfielder Emanuel Petit and the argentine midfielder Javier Zanetti. Barca plans to pay for the signing of Petit by selling Dehu to Olympique Lyon. Zanetti's signing would be payed for by the selling of other Barca players not yet determined. This is the player that Serrar Ferrer badly wants for his team and he seems all but sure of getting him. Nunez has only agreed to make these signings because they are being evened out by the selling of other players, also he has been pressured by the coaching staff to make these moves before it is too late. The signing of Overmars now looks very hard. He was ours until Van Gaal left, now he is entertaining offers from all over Europe, especially Italy. The other aim of Barca is Thuram from Parma, a player that could have been signed last year but Nunez was unwilling to spend the money. He would undoubtedly be expensive but an offer may be made as soon as the next president is elected. Hopefully he will be signed, i think this would go a long way to solving our defensive problems.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Zanetti will never leave Inter. He loves the club and have said that he will never leave Inter , even if he gets a really good offer from another club.

·
International
6,519 Posts
I wouldn't say so, Recoba :p

·
Registered
964 Posts
His Argentinian Barcelona is the most loved foreign club there they have almost as many Barcelona supporters as they have Boca and River supporters.
Trust me he will go to Barce if he had a choice.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Here´s an interview with Zanetti:

How do you feel here?
"I trust Inter, I feel at home here".

He was traded to Inter from Argentina when he was very young; our country really contributed to his starting career.
He's not of those who wish to trade to other teams and despite he stands for the player of the third millenium, he values his team very much and considers the affection to it fundamental.
"My background was really different, so when i came here i faced a new world, a new reality full of hopes and difficulties. Anyway, I felt really at ease and i was impressed by people and by the efficiency of the club, it was like being at home. I stayed because i really love Inter,and both me and my my family feel really close to the Club. I can't forget the way they welcomed me, so i'm thankful to Inter".

A player is supposed to adapt to soccer's evolution.
"Yes, soccer has changed a lot so far. You're very much observed, you might stay or leave but you are supposed to be ready to changes and never disregard values. I wouldn't find anything better than Inter, so why should i leave it? Very few team can be compared to Inter. One must be smart enough to choose the best.."

Let's suppose Manchester united ask for your trade offering you the triple money you get here at Inter ...what would you do?
"Of course i would be honoured to be offered such opportunity by Manchester United , it would be an important decision to take, but my life is here and Inter is the team i want to play with, so i would put Inter first".

Once again, let's suppose Celtic Vigo ask for your trade offering you a huge amount of money just when you are on the bench from quite a while and the trainer gives you no guarantees for the future....what would you do, then?
"I would go and talk to the trainer keeping a professional attitude as i've done so far; but also this time, Inter would come first".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts