Xtratime Community banner

Transfers 8/7-9/7

1K views 31 replies 1 participant last post by  Igor-Turkov 
#1 ·
Coco – Monaco or Inter?

Francesco Coco, the left sided player of AC Milan who played on loan last year with Torino making 21 appearancess and scoring no goals, announced on Friday afternoon he was moving to French champions AS Monaco.

The player added he had reached an agreement to sign a five year contract which would earn him four billion lire (€2m) each season. The French club will pay Milan around 22 billion lire (€11.3m).

But in the late afternoon, Alberto Zaccheroni's club denied the transfer and assured that Coco will continue to train with them.

The decision to abandon the negotiations with Monaco is thought to be because Coco is the swap pawn to take Christian Panucci from Inter.

#2 ·
Núñez: No problem if Figo goes

In his last press conference as FC Barcelona’s president, Josep Lluís Núñez assured one more time on Friday that he is not willing to renegotiate a new contract with Luis Figo in spite of an agreement between the Portuguese player and Real Madrid’s presidency candidate Florentino Pérez.

“Schuster, Laudrup and Milla left and nothing happened. We will not re-mortgage the club for him,” assured the President.

“Figo is Barça’s best payed player by far. But if we give him what he demands, Rivaldo will be next and then another and another. Barcelona will not be held to ransom,” he added.

For Núñez, the worst thing is Figo’s denial that he has had public contact with Florentino Pérez.

“I told his agent, José Veiga, it was bad for the player’s image. He told me Figo had not signed any papers,” he said.

Núñez also attacked the four candidates who will succeed him: Joan Gaspart, Joan Castells, Lluís Bassat and Jaume Llauradó.

“If they wanted, they could resolve Figo’s transfer with a meeting and an agreemet to be fulfilled by the winner in the next election,” he said.

#3 ·
Barcelona set sights on Petit

Emmanuel Petit could be close to a shock move to Barcelona, according to informed sources at the Spanish club.

But details of the transfer will not be made public until the club presidency race is decided at the end of the month.

Petit is currently on his honeymoon and cannot be contacted to comment on the proposed deal but he has not hidden the fact that he has always been interested in the Spanish and Italian championships.

Now 29, Petit could be looking at one final challenge at the very highest level before calling it a day and Barcelona could prove a good opportunity to win a big title such as the Champions League.

Arsenal are rumoured to be interested in off-loading Petit and replacing him with Flavio Conceicao.

A deal, possibly in the region of £6-9 million (€10-15 m), should be finalised in the next few days when Petit returns from his holidays.

#4 ·
Deportivo move for Munitis

Spanish international Pedro Munitis will sign for Deportivo in the next few days. The Spanish champions are willing to offer 2.300 millions pesetas (€13.8m) for his transfer to Racing Santander.

The two clubs have agreed on a deal but Deportivo must still persuade Munitis who wants to play for Real Madrid or Valencia next season.

Munitis’ withdrawal clause is 2.5m pesetas (€15m) - just 200 million pesetas more than Deportivo’s offer. The only problem is that Munitis really wants to play for Real Madrid, Valencia or Inter but so far, any negotiation with these clubs has failed to end in a signature.

If Munitis chooses Deportivo, he will get around 150 million pesetas (€900 000) a season.

#5 ·
Figo made to pay

Luis Figo has promised to make a huge payment to presidential candidate Florentino Pérez if he goes back on an alleged deal which would take him to Real Madrid, according to a Spanish newspaper.

The Madrid daily “As” reported on Friday that the contract allegedly signed by Figo’s agent Jose Veiga and Pérez contains a clause which stipulates that the Barcelona forward will pay Pérez 3,000 million pesetas (€18m) if he defaults following a Pérez electoral victory over Lorenzo Sanz on July 16.

The newspaper added that Pérez would soon be making an official announcement to this effect and also said that he had deposited 500 million pesetas (€3m) into a bank account in Figo’s name as an initial payment.

Wednesday’s sensational revelation that Pérez had signed an agreement with Veiga in which the candidate undertook to pay Figo’s astronomical 10,000 million peseta (€60m) buy-out clause has rocked the club’s electoral campaign.

“Pérez got in contact with us and that’s it. He is a responsible person and there have been no problems. Barcelona have not been in touch with me but nothing has been discarded. Anyone that wants can talk to me,” Veiga told “As” on Friday.

Figo, who would become the most expensive signing in football history if the deal went through, was tracked down by another Madrid daily “Marca” to the Algarve in Portugal where he is on holiday. On being asked about the truth of the agreement, all the 27-year-old would say was: “I’m not saying yes and I’m not saying no.”

#6 ·
Here Vigo – Revivo’s off to Turkey

Israeli striker Heim Revivo has joined the cash trail to Turkey and will move to Fenerbahce from Celta Vigo in a £3.3 million (€5m) deal.

Revivo - also chased by Benfica - will switch La Liga for the wealthy Turkish title race after talks at the weekend.

The exciting attacker has been a big hit at Celta but is entering the last year of his contract and has to be sold.

Now Revivo will follow the likes of Jardel and Alen Boksic, who have gone to Uefa Cup winners Galatasaray.

#7 ·
Seaman could be replaced by Prats

Arsenal are looking for a substitute for aged David Seaman, and the man could be Spaniard Toni Prats, according to “Marca” sportspaper on Saturday. Betis are prepared to sell Prats for 1100 million pesetas (€6.6m).

Spanish papers have revealed that Javier Ispizúa, Prats’ agent, met in London on Friday with several English clubs from the Premier League including Aston Villa and Arsenal.

Arsene Wénger wants to renew his squad and has given his consent to the transfer of veteran players like Martin Keown, Lee Dixon and David Seaman.

The England goalkeepr seems to be close to his farewell at Highbury and Wenger needs a keeper to replace him. Though he is not an international player, Toni Prats is considered one of Spain’s best keepers.

Prats, 29, was discovered by Llorenç Serra Ferrer when coaching Mallorca. Serra brought Prats to Betis and, after replacing Louis van Gaal at Barcelona, demanded the then president Josep Lluís Núñez allow him to sign the player.

But Barcelona have many options in goal with Ruud Hesp staying, the return of Vitor Baía and the arrival of Richard Dutruel.

Ispizúa has already talked with Arsenal representatives, and told them Betis demand 1100 million pesetas (€6.6m) for Prats. But the Spanish club, relegated to the Segunda División last season, could reduce their price to 700 million pesetas (€4.2m).

If not Arsenal, Prats looks certain to be playing in the Premier League next season. Aston Villa are also interested in him but the Birmingham club trust in David James in spite of his failure in the last English FA Cup final against Chelsea.

#8 ·
Redknapp guns down Rio speculation

Seething West Ham boss Harry Redknapp last night launched a bitter attack on speculation that Rio Ferdinand was joining Leeds United.

And he raged: "Leeds have already talked to us at about a £15 million (€24m) move so why the bloody hell would I sell him for the £10 million (€16m) being quoted.

Speaking exclusively to eurofootball.com he added:"I won't even put a price on Rio Ferdinand because he is quite simply not for sale at any figure.

"I'm absolutely furious and disappointed that after answering truthfully all the questions I've been asked some people are ready to go away and write the story anyway, he added.

"They make themselves look stupid and why should I talk like this if there is anything in it.

"The only person who is going to look a complete and total berk if he clears off to Elland Road on Monday or Tuesday is Harry Redknapp."

And he stormed: "It shows how little people know about how this game works.

"If I'd done a deal with Leeds don't you think I'd already have brought in a couple of big names?

"There's people I'd like to have here but they are out of our range. However, had I got money for Rio they'd already be on the staff. That's how it happens."

One of those would have been Belgian international striker Emile Mpenza of whom the Hammers boss said: "I would love to have him but there's no cash."

He declared "This Rio rubbish is a complete pile of the unmentionables. The biggest load of fiction so far this summer.

"Where anywhere in these stories is anybody quoted as saying that Leeds will buy Rio Ferdinand - they don't!

"They could be buying Ugo Ehiogu or Gareth Southgate but of course they always pick on a West Ham player.

"Leeds approached us about Rio two months ago and the figures being discussed were £15 million (€24m) upwards because we have no intention of selling!

"My chairman isn't quoted, Leeds chairman Peter Ridsdale isn't and I'm telling you they aren't buying Rio Ferdinand."

"I've got no idea who they are after but I honestly believe that if the day ever comes when we sell Rio it will be to a top foreign club - certainly not Leeds."

Reports had declared that West Ham would be offered a straight £10 million (€16m) or Michael Duberry and Danny Mills plus cash.

The deal was linked to the redevelopment of Upton Park and revealed that the Hammers needed the cash to carry out their plans.

But a sarcastic Redknapp snorted: "Oh yeah I'm going to have some of that aren't I?

"Lovely new stadium with a First Division football team - I wouldn't want to be involved in that thanks very much."

"West Ham United's aim this season is to make the top half of the Premiership - Rio's a part of it.

"He's been very happy in training and is looking forward to the new season,” Redknapp concluded.

#9 ·
Amoruso confirms Ibrox departure

Gers captain Lorenzo Amoruso has been linked with a possible move to Sunderland for the majority of last season, but has finally confirmed his imminent departure.

Contrary to reports about his dressing room fights with his colleagues, Amoruso says he will leave the Ibrox club with a heavy heart. “I have always said I would prefer to stay and play for Rangers but it has reached the stage that I have to forget about Rangers now because they have done nothing to keep me and have brought in a player for my position.

“If I decide to sign, I want to come back to Glasgow to say my goodbyes. I have so many friends and people to speak to, but also I would like the chance to say goodbye to the fans. I think I will do that because they deserve it from me,” he added.

The 29 year-old has been offered a five-year old contract by the Premiership outfit and says it’s time for him to himself first.

“It's a difficult situation for me to understand because my intention was always to stay. But now I have to think about what is best for Lorenzo.”

In two years with the Glasgow club, Amoruso won five Scottish titles.

#10 ·
Thatcher set for Spurs move

Impressive Wimbledon defender Ben Thatcher will join Spurs in a £5 million (€7m) deal this weekend ....despite a medical scare.

The North London outfit have agreed terms with the Dons but unconfirmed reports that he had failed his medical immediately surfaced.

It was feared that the deal was being held up by an old ankle injury but club insiders quickly rubbished the claim.

And director of football David Pleat said: "Ben will be wearing a Spurs training top on Monday morning.

"He will be joining the first team squad on the trip to Sweden and we are delighted to have him.

"The club desperately needed an orthodox left-back and we were determined to get him."

#11 ·
Meijer all set for Vitesse

Liverpool’s Dutch forward Erik Meijer seems set to return to Holland after failing to hold down a place in the Liverpool attack.

Talks with Vitesse Arnhem are reportedly at an advanced stage with the two clubs having met as recently as Wednesday.

Vitesse boss Ronald Koeman is out after a striker and the 30-year-old former Bayer Leverkusen player appears to fit the bill.

Vitesse managed to finish fourth last season and have qualified for the Uefa Cup next season.

#12 ·
Lazio and Sampdoria swap players

Italian champions Lazio and former Serie A giants Sampdoria, now in the second division, have reached a verbal agreement to swap players.

Lazio will give central midfielder Dario Marcolin and two billion lire (€1m) to the Genova club to sign left sided player Emanuele Pesaresi. The deal should be completed next Monday.

Marcolin, 29, hasn’t collected any appearances in Serie A in the last two seasons.

He tried to play in England a year ago with Blackburn Rovers, but things didn’t work out as he made 10 appearances scoring one goal.

Pesaresi, 23, played 17 matches last season scoring one goal.

#13 ·
Taibi to stay at Reggina

Massimo Taibi will continue to play in goal at Reggina next season. The Italian club reached an agreement with Manchester United to buy the player for eight billion lire (€4.1m). Taibi agreed on a three-year contract and will earn one billion liras per season (€500,000).

In recent weeks, the goalkeeper was rumoured to be joining Napoli, but the deal collapsed at the last minute.

Taibi joined Reggina last season on loan from the English giants after 16 weeks of Serie A had elapsed. He was the first choice for the last 18 matches of the season, helping Reggina to collect 24 points and avoid the relegation zone.

Taibi said: "I am so happy to play at Reggina for another three years. I promised the supporters at the end of the championship I would try my best to stay here and I’ve done that. Despite receiving other offers, I pushed to wear this shirt again, even if it means having a lower salary."

#14 ·
No clouds over Micoud’s goals

Parma have presented Johan Micoud to the Press. The French midfielder was bought from Bordeaux for 12 billion lire (€6.2m), and is expected to replace Ariel Ortega who is up for sale and will probably return to Argentina.

"I left a great club at Bordeaux to join another important European club – Parma - and I’m here to win Serie A - the most stylish, but hardest league in the world," Micoud said.

He added: "That's why I rejected other good offers I received from England. Parma are an ambitious team and I hope to be an important player here, to improve my game and win that elusive 'scudetto'.”

"My role-model is Juan Sebastian Veron because he has already shown his value in this team and I hope to do the same," the Frenchman closed.

#15 ·
Conte in London move

Antonio Conte may become the next England-bound Italian export. Conte has been at Juventus for nine years, but it looks as if the 1999/00 season was his last.

According to sportal.se, both Aston Villa and Chelsea are after the midfielder, who played for the national team in Euro 2000 before getting injured in the match against Romania.

Conte admits that he wants to leave Juventus as he no longer has a good relationship with coach Carlo Ancelotti.

“I have received a few proposals from England. They are very interesting both in terms of the club and the contract,” he said.

G
#16 ·
Kezman to PSV?

PSV chairman Van Raaij declared yesterday PSV on the verge of signing a new forward. The official site of Mateja kezman states a possible move of Kezman to PSV Eindhoven, who is desperately in need of a new striker after teh departure of Nilis and the injury of Van Nistelrooij.

#17 ·
Brescia in safe hands with Srnicek

Czech Pavel Srnicek, one of the best goalkeepers at Euro 2000, is the latest signing of Serie A newcomers Brescia. The 32 year-old keeper was a free-agent after Sheffield Wednesday failed to stay in the Premier League last season and he immediately attracted interest from clubs in Italy and France.

His excellent performance at Euro 2000, despite the Czechs cruel failure to qualify for the quarter-finals, was another vital point in his favour.

Napoli were favourites in the race for the goalkeeper, having appointed Czech Zdenek Zeman as head coach, but the goalkeeper opted for Brescia signing a three-year contract.

“I was very surprised by the way Brescia and the president conducted the negotiations. I felt they really wanted me and it all happened very fast. Me and my Fifa agent Zdenek Nehoda are very proud to have made this deal with Brescia,” the Czech international said.

“I know the club is now aiming to break the usual pattern of the past five seasons and stay in Serie A for more than year. I am sure we can do it, and I am ready to do my all to achieve it,” he added.

“Of course, it will a big change for me to leave England after almost ten years with Newcastle United and Sheffield Wednesday, but I am looking forward to another challenge. I had a great time in England and I know I still have many friends and fans there,” the keeper closed.

#18 ·
Conte in London move

Antonio Conte may become the next England-bound Italian export. Conte has been at Juventus for nine years, but it looks as if the 1999/00 season was his last.

According to sportal.se, both Aston Villa and Chelsea are after the midfielder, who played for the national team in Euro 2000 before getting injured in the match against Romania.

Conte admits that he wants to leave Juventus as he no longer has a good relationship with coach Carlo Ancelotti.

“I have received a few proposals from England. They are very interesting both in terms of the club and the contract,” he said.

#19 ·
Wiltord one step from Arsenal

Sylvain Wiltord, the French super-sub, will sign for Arsenal next week. Despite the claims of Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud and Wiltord’s agent Ghislaine Duguépéroux, it seems that the striker is just one step away from signing for the Gunners.

Wiltord has already agreed the terms of his contract with Arsenal but the negotiations are currently being blocked by Bordeaux who will not release the star.

Arsène Wenger, who is currently on holiday, is desperate to sign the Bordeaux striker. He is banking on the partnership of Wiltord and Henry to lead Arsenal’s attack next season. But Bordeaux are trying to cash in on Wiltord after his European Championship triumph at the highest possible price.

When Bordeaux bought Wiltord from Spanish club Deportivo La Coruna, they agreed to give La Coruna 35% of Wiltord’s next transfer.

Arsenal are prepared to pay 130 million francs (€19.8m) but Bordeaux want 150 million francs (€23m).

But Bordeaux are running out of time. For over two months, the relationship between the club and Wiltord have been deteriorating and Wiltord is prepared to spend a whole season on the bench rather than bow to Bordeaux’s will to keep him.

Bordeaux’s board have yet to understand that they cannot change the player’s mind. Wiltord will be able to join his friends of Thierry Henry and Robert Pirès in London. With Henry, Vieira, Petit, Pirès, and Wiltord, Arsenal will have five European Championship winners within its ranks.

Arsène Wenger will hope that it will be enough to win the Premier League and most importantly, the Champions League.

#20 ·
Marseille dance the samba

Marseille have signed the two Brazilians Oseas and Adriano. They will join Marseille’s new Brazilian coach Abel Braga.

Oseas is the powerful striker of Brazilian club Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte. With three international caps, he is considered one of the most dangerous strikers in Brazil.

The 29 year-old player is more than familiar with his new coach Braga. He had his best season in 1997 under Braga’s management at Atletico Parana.

Adriano is a 22 year-old offensive midfielder. Swift and technically skillful, Adriano will be Marseille’s next playmaker.

Marseille are also still trying to appeal to Junhino (Athletico Madrid) and Denilson (Real Betis). The arrival of Oseas now puts an end to the rumoured purchase of Swedish international Kennet Andersson.

Marseille have already signed Camara (Inter), N’Gotty (AC Milan), and Ingesson (Bologna).

#21 ·
Just the Job for Middlesbrough

Rolland Courbis is continuing his clear-out at Lens. Two more players from the club are on their way to the Premier League. Cameroon international striker Joseph-Désiré Job will have a four day trial at Middlesbrough next week whilst Ghanaian midfielder Alex Nyarko is also likely to be in the Premiership next season.

Lens and Middlesbrough have agreed on a fee of FF 30m (€4.8m) transfer for Job. If the trial is successful, Job will sign a four-year contract with Christian Karembeu’s new club.

Meanwhile, Alex Nyarko, the Ghanaian midfielder of the club, has been relegated to the reserve team by Courbis since he wants to leave Lens for another club. Aston Villa have already made a serious offer for Nyarko but Manchester City, Fulham, and Middlesbrough are seriously interested as well.

Lens rate Nyarko at around FF 45m (€6.2m).

#22 ·
Crespo deal sees light at the end of the tunnel

“Crespo will line up alongside Sebastian Veron this coming season,” confirms his agent Gustavo Mascardi.

The long Hernan Crespo saga might finally be coming to an end. Lazio president Sergio Cragnotti has declared that he wants to bring to an end the situation that his club and Parma have been involved in for two months.

At the moment there are still two foreseeable solutions for what will become the most expensive deal in Italian footballing history. Salas has accepted a transfer to Inter, and the northern club are ready to offer 40 billion lire (€20.7m) for the player, plus either Jogovic or Simic in exchange. Lazio, on the other hand are willing to help Parma get Martin Palermo or Pablo Angel, two South American aces, offer the 40 billion lire (€20.7m) and include Matias Almeya in order to get Crespo.

The other solution is a deal involving Sergio Conciecao. If Lazio decide to sacrifice the Portuguese player, Matias Almeyda and their claim on Simone Inzaghi, Parma could let go of Hernan Crespo. Cragnotti will return from Brazil this Monday, and hopefully the situation will then be clearer. If Lazio decide to choose the latter solution then the Roman club will have two midfielders, Claudio Lopez on the left wing and Nedved on the right.

To fill the gap left by the simultaneous departures of Salas to Inter and Simone Inzaghi to Parma, Lazio may try to turn their attentions to Martin Palermo, a player who has been on the Roman club’s list for quite a while.

#24 ·
ANDERSSON COMPLETES TURKISH MOVEKENNET ANDERSSON

has left Bologna to join Turkish club Fenerbache as they look to strengthen their striking power for the forthcoming season with the giant Swedish international.
Arsenal were also one of many clubs interested in the tall striker however it was believed that Marseille, Fiorentina or Galatasaray would win the race to sign Andersson.

The 32-year-old has been a mainstay of the Swedish side for the last decade and has struck up a great partnership with Celtic star Henrik Larsson.

Bologna are set to spend the transfer money on chasing Bari midfielder Daniel Andersson and a plethora of other deals.

#25 ·
ANDERSSON COMPLETES TURKISH MOVE

KENNET ANDERSSON has left Bologna to join Turkish club Fenerbache as they look to strengthen their striking power for the forthcoming season with the giant Swedish international.
Arsenal were also one of many clubs interested in the tall striker however it was believed that Marseille, Fiorentina or Galatasaray would win the race to sign Andersson.

The 32-year-old has been a mainstay of the Swedish side for the last decade and has struck up a great partnership with Celtic star Henrik Larsson.

Bologna are set to spend the transfer money on chasing Bari midfielder Daniel Andersson and a plethora of other deals.

#26 ·
BOLOGNA JOIN WEAH HUNT

BOLOGNA have joined Monaco in the chase for Liberian legend George Weah after the Italian club sold Swedish international Kennet Andersson to Turkish side Fenerbache.

It was thought that Weah would be happy to rejoin former teammate Marco Simeone in the Principality and help Monaco retain their French title along with making a bid for Champions League glory.

Weah's contract with Milan expires in 2001 and Monaco have led the running in allowing the striker to see out his career with first-team action.

However with the sale of Andersson, Guiseppe Grazzoni the Bologna president revealed that there are three players he'd love to have at his club. One is already in Bologna, the second is Roberto Baggio and the third is Weah and he is hoping to negotiate a deal for him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.