Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first item concerns one of the protagonists at Euro 2000. The Gazzetta dello Sport writes: "Cannavaro pledges himself to Parma. The Italy defender declared his intentions when news broke of interest from the Giallorossi." The defender basically turned down an approach made by Roma for his services: "It's true that Roma were after me, but I want to win things with Parma. I have no intention of leaving. And anyway along with the other players I promised that we would have another go at winning the Scudetto. Crespo? It's a different case altogether. If he goes, Almeyda, Salas and Sergio Conceicao should come in." On the Crespo affair the Gazzetta then continues by saying: "Lazio-Crespo: it's almost a done deal. On their way to Parma go Salas, Almeyda and Lit.15bn [around £5m]. The transfer of Conceicao is a bit more complicated."

The Corriere dello Sport also focuses its attention on the Gialloblù defender but this time Cannavaro comments on the Italian national team and semi-final rivals, Holland: "We'll sort out Kluivert. The Azzurri already know how to stop him." Cannavaro talks on behalf of the whole national team as he continues: "We'll manage to contain him. Holland are a wonderful side, but their style of play suits us. If Kluivert is in such good form, it will be important to limit the danger. Then again he is a great player, so its no surprise that he's come into his own."

Returning to the Corriere dello Sport, the news concerns the Gialloblù transfer market: "Will Sabri Lamouchi be the first new arrival? Everyone is waiting to see if the Crespo deal goes through." The other transfer news concerns a Brazilian. The paper writes: "Breaking news from Brazil. Palmeiras set to sell Alex. Parma are keen on the playmaker as a replacement for Ortega."

Tuttosport headlines: "Trezeguet for Crespo." The Turin-based daily speculates: "The transfer of the Frenchman is now a distinct possibility. It could happen, but the main objective for Ancelotti still remains Crespo, with the alternative Kluivert. Lazio are also keen on the Argentine." Tuttosport explains, "The ex-French national team player, Fernandez has revealed that Juve have signed the Monaco striker in order to sell him on to Parma."

Finally the local view from the Gazzetta di Parma also pinpoints transfer rumours: "The defence will remain unchanged, while we await news from Monaco regarding Lamouchi." With regards departures the Parma-based paper writes: "Stanic leaves with regrets. The Croatian striker will play at Chelsea next season." The player says: "I hope Tanzi wins the Scudetto. I would have liked my goal at Verona to have left the fans with a Champions League place to look forward to."

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Transfer market is going crazy !

Although Cannavaro seems to have made up his mind, Roma will not give up quite so easily. Roma boss Franco Sensi is ready to sacrifice Japanese star Nakata, defender Carlos Antonio Zago, and, according to rumours, Vincenzo Montella as well. :eek:

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
sure and they will also give us Candela also, HAHA

if i could even imagane Zago, Nakata and Montella at Parma just for 1 of the best defenders, SURE!

Zago is a bit erratic, he even tries to look like davids :cool:
BUT Nakata and Montella are 'easy' too get since they are not going to play much anyway:)

Then trade Crespo for Montero and Iuliano+ $, or Almeyda and Couto(?)+ big$$$

And we would even have Ortega too sell for big$$$!

Could you imagane a team like this:

Buffon
Thuram-Montero-Iuliano

Fuser-Almeyda-Boghossian/dabo-Vanoli/micoud
Nakata

Montella-Amoroso

OOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!

But i was just dreaming away:(

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Hey, this is just what i read. I'm not saying this is logic.

And Montella is a good forward i think. I would also keep Cannavaro instrad of trading him to Zago - Nakata but Montella is a good striker and if Crespo leaves he would be good for Parma. But then just buy him and don't do such a crazy transfer swap ;)

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
i will seriously consider it if Roma will involve Candela
in the deal:)

He(candela) is the best wingback playing in Italy whitout any doubt!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First of all Cannavaro doesnt want to go to Roma,he sais it quite clearly.He just wont go...

Secondly,Zago sucks big time,he is completely useless.Even Lassissi is better.They both do stupid mistakes but at least Lassissi can defend.Zago can only spit opponents and get red cards.You must try hard to find a defender as bad as Zago in the big 7.Why do you think Roma wants to get rid of him?

Secondly,with a firm bid we can get either Nakata or Montella anytime we want.They will be subs in Roma and unhappy about it.Sensi will play it hard asking for Canna at start but he wont be able to resist at a good bid for his sub player,he will be mad not to give them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts