Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i heard that we're after mc allister..the 35yr old guy from coventry...
strachan has already refused an approach from everton..but he'll be free this summer...so...

\alan stubbs:i heard he snubbed a move to everton from celtic...not really confirmed though
----
OUT

don hutchinson is almost certain to leave..but everton has snubbed a bid of 1M fro both fulham and sunderland...

barmby!???negotiations have started to make a longer contract...i just hope he doesn't go!

thomas myhre:has attracted several english clubs but now they all seem not to b looking for any more gks...a move to norway seems more lkely in summer..

collins:probably off to a french club..monaco!??

cadamarteri:i think smith has already or will put him on transfer-list...

any other rumours so far!??

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I heard that AEK Athens' Icelandic midfielder Arnar Gretason is coming to Everton for a trial.
I've never seen him play but Dortmund and Auxerre have also expressed an interest so he must be quite good.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
It's rather sad that Everton have come all this way and it seems that they are going to throw it away.
How long does Smith think that Gough, M Hughes and Watson can last. They need players that will last for a few seasons.
They are also not attracting the big names. Unknowns are coming in and good players are going. It seems that the only good players they will have next year are Campbell, Jeffers and Barmby.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Gretarsson is a COMPLETELY average player...he doesnt worth even to be in Everton's bench...

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everton are relying on their older players like Gough and Watson to help them through this spell of unrest and change.
Gough is only on a yearly contract, so no one expects him to be there very long, although he is playing consistently well at the moment.
They don't have a big squad at the moment so injuries and suspensions were always going to prove critical.
The management had to stabilise things financially before they could move into the transfer market, so some things were done to save money rather than improve the team.
They still do not have a great deal of money, so it could be a few years yet before they start making big name signings.
As for Hutchison, Walter Smith has always believed that no player is bigger than the club and he will be as disappointed as the fans if he has to lose the player that he made captain.
Smith has to try to keep players happy financially while at the same time work within the budget given by the club.
Maybe there is still room for negotiation, or maybe the player has already decided that he wants a transfer.
I think that it is a measure of how far the club has come that the fans are no longer worrying about relegation, but complaining because they have not yet reached a UEFA Cup place.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think instead of getting on the transfer market,everton should try to keep its best players 1st....then afterwards try to get better ones...

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I agree. Money seems to be no object in relation to Barmby's contract.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey fellows please don't forget about Joe-Max Moore. he has added a spark to the offense. it would be a shame to see the yankee go

1 - 8 of 8 Posts