Xtratime Community banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
If we don't win within two-three years, the whole ''Ali Koc baskan, Fenerbahce sampiyon'' will fall hard and we'll definitely hear lots for it.

I think it all comes down to the mentallity on the pitch - If we see a team goes for the victory every time, and in general works hard every match, the fans will easier 'accept' if we don't win the league the first couple of years.

I strongly believe in this project though, it really gets my hopes up that we're focusing on younger talent to build the future on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We are being heavily linked with Ayew from Swansea. It's a year long loan deal reportedly 1.5 mil Euros for loan fee and 3.2 Euros for the player.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Our squad announcement for the benfica match are due tonight.
So if we're gonna make some transfers for the qualification match it's going to be today.

Rumours: Yussuf Poulsen, Islam Slimani, Divock Origi, Kurt Zouma and Diego Reyes..

·
Registered
58,960 Posts
Just wondering, what´s with all Brazilians being sold?
Yes lucrative bids from Saudi Arabia for club and player, but wasn't Giuliano a really good player in Russia and Ukraine? not so in Turkey?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Josef de Souza was sold due to being in the last year of his contract so the club didn't want take a risk in losing him for free.

Keep in mind that the economy in Turkish is really bad right now. 1 euro is equivalent of 6.75 Turkish Liras.

As for Guiliano, the guy was our leading scorer last season in contrast to what the Turkish Media and the turncoats that my fellow fenerbahce fans say. He would had more assists and goals had he a better winger instead of lord Alper Potuk missing easy chances.

I want to hear the reason why he was sold.

·
*the drum drum*
42,491 Posts
Clearly financial motives behind this - remember that foreign footballers are mostly on contracts that stipulate they will be paid in either Euros or Dollars, so the running costs of the club just shot up substantially.

Add the financial fair play restrictions left over from the old administration, whereby the club now has to somehow turn a profit on the transfer market in order to be able to buy players again.

It's a cluster **** of a situation.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The same can be said with Besiktas and Galatasary as well. Both had to (BJK) and are trying to (GS) offload players like Fabri, Tosic, Gomis, etc. due to their salaries being high with the economy in Turkey being in the toilet.

As I said 1 euro is equivalent of 6.75 Turkish Liras and might've changed since yesterday.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Koc stretched for such a deal?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts