Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basel

- Celta Vigo wants Murat Yakin
- Christian Gimenez (apparently there is interest by Paris St. Germain.)
- Hakan Yakin (there seems to be interest in Italy - no specifics.)
- Scott Chipperfield (Nantes and Sedan have shown interest)
- Ivan Ergic (Dortmund and Udinese are after him)
- George Koumantarakis (England?)

Grasshoppers

- Want to aquire Sebastian Rozenthal from Colo Colo (Chile)

Lausanne

- Remo Meyer to Bundesliga?

The source of all this rumors is Blick, so take it with a grain of salt...

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Yes i will take it with a grain of Salt. Basel would be mad to sell ALL of those players listed (although Sparta Prague sold like half of their team while still in the CL :crazy: :moan: :depress: - and look what has happened to them :sigh: ). My guess is that they'll sell one or two (but hopefully not Chippy and Ergic from my POV and Giminez from the team's and FCB fans POV ) and use the money from transfers to strengthen their squad :hopefull: :)

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Is Rozenthal really fit? He was a tremendous prospect before joining Rangers, but then a severe injury threatened his future.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Joseph Isibor, 25 year old Nigerian from Samsung Blue Wings (South Korea) signs for FCZ.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, some of these are no longer rumors...

Remo Meyer left Lausanne and signed with 1860 Munich.

Also, Grasshoppers loaned Antonio Barijho from Boca Juniors with a buying option. Anybody know this guy?

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Barijho is a prominent striker in Argentina. He used to be Palermo's back-up and is a huge fav of Boca's fans.

Not a superstar, but a good man who knows where the goal is. Good signing!!:)

GC will strike back.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Mario Eggimann (Aarau) signs for Karlsruhe.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Viola said:
Barijho is a prominent striker in Argentina. He used to be Palermo's back-up and is a huge fav of Boca's fans.
Thanks for the info. Looking forward to seeing him in July.

Also, GC has now signed Chilean player Sebastian Rozenthal. The contract is for 1 year. GC wants to slowly build him up after his injury and bring him back to old strength.

Johan Lonfat also left Servette and joins Sochaux in France...

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Yes i heard about this and apparently Haas is shocked :fero: :wth: about the decision, especially since he only signed with them at the beginning of the season.

I'm a little surprised he'd be looking to come back to Switzerland so soon but having said that he'd be an ideal signing for Basel, who need to strengthen the defence (especially the right side where they are weaker and where he has played when i've seen him) :)

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Haven't seen too much of Mitreski. How do you rate him?

·
Registered
325 Posts
SwissGCZ said:

Nope, who exactly is this Rabii Lafoui?
Hi!
Rabii Lafoui is a pacey forward with an eye on the goal. He is among the best players in the moroccan leauge and lately made it to th NT. 3-4 caps mostly as an substitute. He has been linked with clubs in France and Belgium but the latest link is with Servette.
Here is a link on the player that i found. http://wydad.com/effectif/rabii.htm

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Viola said:
Haven't seen too much of Mitreski. How do you rate him?
To be honest I haven't seen much of him either. He is very young (21) and had a good season with Young Boys. He was supposed to play with the Swiss U21 at the Euro Cup, but he didn't get his Swiss citizenship in time (how typical.) Mitreski is originally from Macedonia. He must be very promising since GC signed him for 5 years.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mrwolf said:

Rabii Lafoui is a pacey forward with an eye on the goal. He is among the best players in the moroccan leauge and lately made it to th NT. 3-4 caps mostly as an substitute. He has been linked with clubs in France and Belgium but the latest link is with Servette.
[/url]
Well Servette could definitely use a new quality forward as Alex Frei most likely will leave Servette for a club in Italy or France. Servette would also be a good choice for Lafoui to get established in Europe.

In other news today, Basel signed Eric Rapo as their new backup keeper...

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
SwissGCZ said:

Well Servette could definitely use a new quality forward as Alex Frei most likely will leave Servette for a club in Italy or France. Servette would also be a good choice for Lafoui to get established in Europe.

Thats a shame for Servette :sigh:. After Oruma he'll be Servette's second big loss although after getting to the 4th round of the UEFA cup and having a superb U-21 tournament i think he's done all he can in the NLA and i hope he does well in a big league :hopefull:. It looks as though Servette wil need to be active in the transfer market however if they want to improve on (if not maintain) their 4th place in the NLA :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Vlado said:
Well, they'd better watch their finances...
They didn't exactly help their finances by giving Lucien Favre the boot. He had a clause in his contract that gives him a compensation of 500,000 CFR should he get fired.

More Servette News: They signed Marco Pascolo (36) for five years. He's supposed to be the #1 keeper next season and has an offer to work with the club after he retires.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.