Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Juventus keeper Carini confirms Atletico Madrid interest
tribalfootball.com - January 7, 2004

Juventus goalkeeper Fabian Carini has revealed Atletico Madrid are keen to sign him.
The Uruguay No1 is on-loan at Standard Liege and confirmed: "I know that Atletico Madrid was interested in me a little while back. But nothing concrete has come of it so far.

"Borussia Dortmund are also interested, but if I had to choose I would prefer to play in Spain."

·
Registered
234 Posts
hmmmm... would absolutley love him 2 play in spain, but his career is on a high at the moment... he scored a penalty on th 21 december, which was standards last game... thrilling

lets see wot happens ay

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Another Uruguayin in Portugal

It seems that we will have another Uruguayin in Portugal.

Martin Crossa that spent some time last year with Marimar Misiones, is set to sign with Portuegese Super Liga Club Belenenses.

Crossa spent some time in Sweden last year also, but returned to Uruguay in November.

I hope to see him join the team, and play well, he lead the Apertura in scoring for some time, and was inspirational at times last year as well. .

I know Vanzini joined Braga last year, but I havent heard anything about how he is doing.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Lots to talk about

It has been very busy lately.

Here are the last rumors for our players abroad, or soon to be playing abroad.

Ruben Olivera From Juve To Flamengo (Brasil)

Juan Curbelo From Fenix To Standard Liega (Belguim)

Nicolas Rotundo From Penarol To Elche of (Spain's Segunda)

Martin Del Campo From Mirimar To Olympia (Paraguay)

These rumors are really close to finalizing. There are a mess more of them, but I'm not going to post wierd rumors I dont think will happen.

I like Curbelo going to Standard, they have Carini & Sorondo to look after him, until he adapts to European life.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Sergio Martinez signed also with Olimpia.

Maurico Caro signed with Junior Barranquilla.

Fabian Cesaro is linked to Atletico Rafaela of Argentina.

Gonzalo Lemes signed with Mineros de Venezuela

Karim Adippe signed with Sports Boys of Peru

Sebastian Garcia signed with Independiente Avellaneda.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
The were some other transfer in Europe.

Ruben Olivera went to Athletico Madrid. Juve will pay him, but
they were assured that he would play. The loan is only until the end of the year.

Marcelo Zalayeta went out on loan aswell. He has signed with Perugia for the rest of the year as well.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Espanyol president accuses Juventus of betrayel
tribalfootball.com - February 3, 2004

Espanyol have blasted Juventus over the collapse of Marcelo Zalayeta's move.
The Spanish Liga club had hoped to sign the striker on-loan to the end of the season, but Juve instead sent the Uruguayan to Perugia.

Espanyol president Daniel Sanchez Llibre blasted Juve chief Luciano Moggi, claiming the Italian had told him on Friday that everything "was finalised".

"The world of football is full of unreliable people. He confirmed everything to me by phone, but later we were sold down the river," declared Llibre.

"In 12 hours everything had changed. They deceived us and betrayed us."

Only a year ago the two clubs signed a partnership agreement, which should have smoothed Zalayeta's move to Spain.

"That's over, it's broken forever," concluded a furious Llibre yesterday.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Abreu: I'm returning to Deportivo La Coruna
tribalfootball.com - March 25, 2004

Uruguay international striker Sebastian Abreu has confirmed he will return to Deportivo La Coruna in the summer.
Abreu is currently on-loan with Mexico's Tecos, but insists he will return to Spain to fulfil the remaining three years of his contract.

"I am going to leave Mexico and return to Spain for preseason," said Abreu. "If nothing special happens, that is if no-one comes in and buys me, I will fulfil my contract with La Coruna."

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AC Milan offering ?M for Lecce pair Chevanton, Ledesma
tribalfootball.com - March 26, 2004

AC Milan are interested in adding Cristian Ledesma to a deal for Lecce teammate Javier Chevanton.
Lazio are also chasing Argentine Ledesma, but Milan have asked for both the 21 year-old and Uruguayan striker Chevanton in recent days.

Lecce are asking ¢G14 million for the pair, which Milan vice-president Ariedo Braida has baulked at. The Serie A leaders have made a preliminary offer of ¢G7 million.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Juventus flogging Atletico Madrid target Carini
tribalfootball.com - April 10, 2004

Juventus are touting goalkeeper Fabian Carini to interested clubs around Europe.
The Uruguay No1 is on-loan at Standard Liege, which has refused to take up the ¢G3.5 million purchase option on the keeper.

Carini was snapped up by Juve in 2000, but has struggled to make an impact in Europe. He has attracted interest from Atletico Madrid, though like Standard, the Spanish Liga outfit will baulk at Juve's asking price.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Milan make Cheva contact Monday 12 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lecce ace Javier Ernesto Chevanton has moved closer to a Milan switch according to reports in Italy.

The Uruguayan spent time in Milan over the weekend where he allegedly met with Rossoneri officials.

It’s believed that they discussed terms over the four-year contract that he was supposedly offered.

Chevanton has been heavily linked with a move to the European champions after a splendid season with the southern minnows.

Stories suggest that he will definitely move to the San Siro even if the two clubs have yet to reach an agreement.

Lecce want £13m for the player even if Milan don’t want to pay more than £8.5m for the 23-year-old.

There is also the possibility that a few players could be involved in the negotiations. Cash plus Sam Dalla Bona and Marco Borriello could be offered to Lecce.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Meanwhile, Garrone has also rubbished rumours suggesting that his club could make a swoop for Javier Chevanton.

"The Lecce striker is a good player but he is not part of our project because of the money which would be involved," he added.

The Uruguayan international is also believed to be a target for Milan who are said to have already offered him a four-year deal.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AC Milan step up bid for Lecce ace Chevanton
tribalfootball.com - April 18, 2004

AC Milan are stepping up their bid for Lecce striker Javier Chevanton.
The Uruguay international is aware of Milan's interest, but insists he is happy at Lecce.

Milan chief Adriano Galliani is keen to land the youngster and is offering Lecce striker Marco Borriello and goalkeeper Angelo Pozzi in part-exchange.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I hope he goes, if he can score 16 goals with Lecce, the amount he would score with Milan would be Crazyy.
if he goes though, hope he aint sitting on the sidelines, what a waste if he does!!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lecce set Cheva price Monday 19 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lecce have said that they will not sell the highly rated Javier Chevanton unless their asking price is met.

The Uruguayan has scored 16 League goals so far this term and he is set to join a big club at the end of the season.

Milan have been hotly linked with the international but Lecce insist that they have no intention of giving him away.

"One thing is for sure," said sporting director Pantaleo Corvino. "Whoever wants the Uruguayan must give us at least ¢G7.5m."

Although Milan seem to be heading the chase for the striker, a host of Italian and foreign clubs are also keen.

Lazio have also been linked with the player, while Valencia have been tracking the 23-year-old for some time.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Spurs ask Juventus about Iuliano, Montero
tribalfootball.com - May 10, 2004

Tottenham have approached Juventus about three of their senior players.
Juve defenders Mark Iuliano and Paolo Montero, plus midfielder Antonio Conte are all the subject of serious enquiries by the London club.

Offers are being invited by Juve for Montero and Iuliano, though Conte is wanted by the Turin giants for next season.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Another point of view is that what makes fast the english league is the lack of Monteros!! ;)

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Its time for Montero to come home. Penarol needs him & he needs Penarol. He can fine good form again in our league, and only then should he be considered for the NT.

Without all the extra flights from Europe, and more training time, with the NT coaching staff he can be very useful, but in Europe he will have his hands full, keeping his head above water at club level the NT would be to much.

Paulo you said you would finish your career as a Carbonero, so come back a fufill you promise. Don't come back after you career is finish, thats not going to help anyone.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tottenham closer to Iuliano than Juventus' Montero
tribalfootball.com - May 12, 2004

Tottenham are more likely to convince Juventus to part with Mark Iuliano than Paolo Montero.
Spurs have approached Juve for both veteran defenders, but Uruguayan Montero is still wanted at Juve by general manager Luciano Moggi.

Iuliano is being made available by Juve for the summer market and is keen to talk with Spurs about a switch to the Premiership.

The uncompromising stopper could move to White Hart Lane as a replacement for Dean Richards.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts