16,319 Posts

This is the guy nicknamed 'Hagi' over there

It would be something if he works with Ianis now :D
Haha nice story :LOL:

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,897 Posts
I’ve been talking to some Rangers fans, got some great insight:

The thing about Gerrard is, if he feels a players is giving 100% in training and shows a professional attitude on and off the pitch regardless of they're playing or not, he'll make time for them. Then if he feels they're good enough for the first team squad, he'll give them a chance which I imagine Hagi will be. He also tends to persevere with loan players a bit more, regardless of form.

Gerrard seems to be quite good at convincing anyone he likes to stay and his coaching staff, especially Michael Beale, focus on individual development, making sure they have the right support structure off the field to ensure they're not thinking about anything other than football in training and on the field.

If you fancy getting into the mind of Rangers first team coach Mick Beale, try listening to this pod -
Very interesting guy.
This sounds like great news! I really think this an important opportunity Ianis can make the most of. Fingers crossed it all works out

·
Registered
16,319 Posts
It seems Nedelcearu's transfer fell because of UFA wanting too much for a final transfer

Nedelcu is close to Mol Vidi, Becali said he is leaving. Stupid to let him go...

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,897 Posts
Alex Dobre (Bournemouth) loaned to Wigan.

Good chance for him to get some more senior minutes this season since he only played in an FA Cup game for Bournemouth, in their 4-0 win over Luton Town.

Wigan are 18th (out of 24) in the Championship at the moment

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,897 Posts
Other news:

Genk will loan Screciu to Lommel in the Belgian 2nd division, with option to extend the loan another year. Finally he goes somewhere to actually play. Maybe he recover something somehow...

18 yo Romanian CM Zoran Mitrov goes from UTA to Sassuolo to join Steau and Marginean.

Manea is at CFR

Nedelcu staying at FCSB

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,897 Posts
Lot of important loan moves for our young players in this window.

Radu on loan to Parma (Serie A) from Inter (Serie A), where he’s expected to be Handanovic’s successor next season or the season after.

Baluta on loan to Den Haag (Eredivisie) from Brighton (EPL), where he should gain a lot of valuable experience and hopefully get a better chance at fighting for a first team spot at Brighton next season (or another loan).

Ianis on loan to Rangers (SPL) from Genk (Belgian Pro League), a move that seems to benefit all parties and should hopefully help him grow a lot under Gerrard and play a lot more. Wouldn’t be terrible if he didn’t return to Genk and they bought him if his experience is a really good one. Then evaluate where to go from there.

Dobre on loan to Wigan (Championship) from Bournemouth (EPL), a chance for him to get senior playing time this season and return with some impression.

Screciu on loan to Lommel (Belgium D2) from Genk (Belgian Pro League), after missing from competitive football for so long, it’s just nice to see him back and a chance to recover at least part of his career. Still young but will have to work hard.

Am I forgetting any others?

Cicaldau, Man, Coman, Nedelcearu, Nedelcu, etc should hopefully move in the summer.

Puscas, Marin, Dragus, and others need to be doing better and/or also making moves in the summer depending on their situation. Right now it doesn’t look too good for such key NT players (the first two anyway)

Andone and Chiriches should be returning to a good level now and staying fit for longer than a couple months I hope..

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,897 Posts
Most saying he played well and looked good in those minutes. Septic fans are tragic though

Seems rangers could have lost the league with this result though. There’s still time but given the lack of competitive enough teams.. it’s going to be tough

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,897 Posts
Gabi Torje just joined AEL (Larissa) in the Greek Super League

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,897 Posts
wrong thread
What’s wrong thread? Torje joining the Greek league is a transfer fact no? Or is my mobile bugging out and I’m missing a post..

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,897 Posts
Maybe he meant his own post? Or that Torje belongs to the failed talents thread:ROFLMAO:
LOL

I just realized if you scroll up to just before that there is my reply to Foresta’s post about Ianis playing some minutes for Rangers. That is indeed out of place

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,897 Posts
Legia after Alibec again for this summer, Alibec this time might be able to leave.

They will supposedly offer Astra 3 million euros (a record for the club), and 400k euros a season to Alibec.

This feels like it would be a somewhat lateral move.

It would be interesting to see how he would cope in Championship or Serie A if he could stay in shape. Or at least the Turkish, Greek, or Russian championships.

Especially if that team bought Budescu as well :D

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,897 Posts
Apparently Watford and another English club are interested in signing Nedelcearu this summer.

I’d be very surprised if he went to PL, don’t think he is quite ready for that level right now, but he could surprise. Unless Watford go down.

I could see a less risky move to Serie A, Ligue 1, or Bundesliga. But if he actually did play in PL next season that would be a big boost to our defence. Far too early to be sure, though.

12161 - 12180 of 12193 Posts