Xtratime Community banner

12141 - 12160 of 12193 Posts

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,897 Posts
Nice. They also signed a 23 yo DM/CB, Malcom Edjouma, who used to play for PSG and Toulouse in his youth and then mostly Ligue 2 and Championnat National (D3) clubs in his senior career (most notably Lorient and Paris Red Star). I guess he will give Dulca & co some competition.

Apparently Legia want to sign Alibec, but Astra won’t sell him for just 1.5m euros (and they shouldn’t either).

Voluntari have been making incredible moves this window btw:

Vlad Morar, Alex Pascanu, Eric, Moussa Sanoh (24 yo RW from Gaz Metan), Valentin Cojocaru, and now Claudiu Belu from FCSB and Pablo de Lucas, which you guys should remember, from Petrolul.

Plus Craiu should be ready to go now too. They will make the relegation group much more interesting.

Wish more of our traditional and/or richer clubs would be so smart & ambitious.

·
Registered
9,162 Posts
Wish more of our traditional and/or richer clubs would be so smart & ambitious.
Yes and no....who knows, maybe they spend money they don't have and play Liga III in 2 years...you never know without knowing what's going on behind the curtains. Urziceni...

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,897 Posts
True.. it would be a utopia to have 3-4 teams who invest a lot and properly with money they actually have rather than debts, and in the right players, staff, facility upgrades, etc.

Of course the richest football club owner in Romania for so long is just a psycho maniac who mostly detriments our football. Even he’s done a couple good things just because of his money & power, he could do soooo much more with just a bit of decency and intelligence. Our luck is just incredible, I think of all the books you could write on our football he is one of the main characters that can sum it all up at the end of the day, the utter stupidity of how we shoot ourselves in the foot and created our own mess for years.. combined with bad luck and now the increasing disparity between the big leagues and big countries that UEFA and FIFA support so much with their rules and methods..

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,897 Posts
Actually, looks like Radu will go on loan to Parma instead. Not bad

·
Registered
9,162 Posts
I was waiting for the day where Maxim can be a fixed starter for alteast 2 years without a break (doesn't have to be a top league, but a decent one), to see how good he actually is right now. Let's hope he can make it there.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,897 Posts
It’s a great opportunity for the old Maxim to come back. And from there, we can see what happens. The important thing is he will be playing regularly in a decent league facing the likes of Besiktas, Basaksehir, Galatasaray, Fenerbahce, Sivasspor, Trabzonspor, etc.

·
Registered
16,319 Posts
Now it seems Nedelcearu is close to signing with Brescia on loan. They have big defensive problems, being one of the bottom teams in Serie A. If he goes there he'll br under pressure

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,897 Posts
Now it seems Nedelcearu is close to signing with Brescia on loan. They have big defensive problems, being one of the bottom teams in Serie A. If he goes there he'll br under pressure
But that’s a good thing no? If he went to a higher club it would probably be harder for him to break into the starting lineup, I would think. At Genoa and Brescia, they need good defenders. So long as he stays mentally strong and is no worse than the current options, I don’t think it’s a bad move. Let’s see how it goes though.

Good for our defensive situation for March if he plays.

It seems Tiru is headed to Poland to play for Jagiellonia btw.

And Ionita II will go to Rapid at least until the summer

·
Registered
16,319 Posts
I don't know anymore with our players. I think Nede is a good player, he has experience abroad already, should do well at a small Serie A team. But who knows...just hope he is wanted if the transfer goes through

·
Registered
16,319 Posts
It seems to be very close. I seriously can't understand how badly he was treated. Clearly he needs to move, don't know what to think about Rangers. At least it's an important club

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,897 Posts
It’s a very good move IMO. Not only is it a big name (the second most successful club in the world?), but they’re actually in a good moment and could use him. Of course even with our most talented young players it’s hard to ever know for sure what will happen these days.. but I think it will work out well.

Rangers are in need of both a creative n10 behind their prolific striker Morelos and a right winger. I’m assuming he’d be their 10. Gerrard can also be a good influence on him.

It’s a less competitive/intense league but still faces some good opposition, especially against Celtic, but even against Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hibs, etc. Plus, he probably gets to play in EL round of 32 against Braga, and beyond that if they win.

Might also help him develop physically, but hard to say that just yet.

Apparently they would have an option to buy at just 5 million euros. Shame how Genk used him improperly and treated him wrongly, especially when didn’t play bad, but they put too much weight on his shoulders and out of position. Now he hopefully has the chance to really shine again. Fingers crossed it works out as it should!

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,897 Posts
I really really hope Nede and Ianis work out. Especially for Ianis, I’m worried because of how great he is technically and his vision, but how much he lacks physically, work rate, and speed wise. He needs to have a better work ethic. Also, he only really plays comfortably as a classic 10 and in today’s game, he needs to be more adaptable. I just hope one of the greatest AM’s of all time can help him fix those issues and give him time and trust while he does.

If he can’t make it there under Gerrard, I’m afraid we can forget the hope of him making it big.

12141 - 12160 of 12193 Posts