Xtratime Community banner

12081 - 12100 of 12106 Posts

·
Registered
9,077 Posts
I'm disappointed about Andone...another player that "failed" in a top league. I hope Marin can turn it around, but somehow this happens to all of our players...if Hagi can't make it at Genk we just have to accept that he is not good enough. "Talent" is great but you need much more, even at the Euros where he had some good moments he always looked like a youth player in the way he played.

·
Registered
16,077 Posts
"Talent" is great but you need much more, even at the Euros where he had some good moments he always looked like a youth player in the way he played.
I disagree man. IDK why you are so harsh. Ianis made some fantastic actions in the Euro. Like that pass to Puscas against France (and he recently repeated it at Genk). He scored twice, got a penalty and had many astonishing actions in 4 games against the best. If he was spanish that would have made the news...there's a handicap for romanian players, and perception eventually hurts you, it forces you to work twice as hard

Marin wasn't worst than others Ajax players in most games and yet he is the only one that gets criticized...

In the long run yeah, if so many fail we have to admit they are not good enough, but they run from behind and sometimes that can be decisive

We said it many times with Hagi, if he had been brazilian or argentinian he would be rated much higher in history

Regarding Andone, yeah, I expected more, but he scored 12 goals in a season in Spain, that's not failing. He was injured a lot last season and he goes to one of the biggest clubs outside WE. In any case he is not a super talented guy, he is a fighter

·
Registered
9,077 Posts
I disagree man. IDK why you are so harsh. Ianis made some fantastic actions in the Euro. Like that pass to Puscas against France (and he recently repeated it at Genk). He scored twice, got a penalty and had many astonishing actions in 4 games against the best. If he was spanish that would have made the news...there's a handicap for romanian players, and perception eventually hurts you, it forces you to work twice as hard
I'm sorry if I'm too harsh in some things, it's definitely not my intention neither am I trying to be very pessimistic or anyhting, just my opinion (which can be wrong). I still think that Hagi, aside of the moments you mentioned (which i didnt forget, and they were all great), didn't look stable enough in the rest of his game, just didn't convince me. To me it looked like he can do some cute things but he didn't look like a senior player to me. I hope I'll be wrong and it could definitely happen...but his start at Genk makes my doubts bigger, not smaller. I know that Genk is a serious solid club....but if he cant make it there it's hard to imagine him in one of the better sides in a top league in +5 years.

Marin wasn't worst than others Ajax players in most games and yet he is the only one that gets criticized...
I didn't know that, it just sounded to me in this forum like he is not doing well, GICA saying he is too shy on the field. But I agree, it's a pity that Romanians seem to get the axe way easier than let's say a south american for example.

In the long run yeah, if so many fail we have to admit they are not good enough, but they run from behind and sometimes that can be decisive
I still have hope, i know my last post sounded way to pessimistic but after the last few months i see a potential bright future. :) Just these 3 examples, Hagi Marin and especially Andone, make me a little bit concerned. If Marin can't make it (still too soon) it's really bad, because he seems to have the right brain too.

We said it many times with Hagi, if he had been brazilian or argentinian he would be rated much higher in history
Agree.

Regarding Andone, yeah, I expected more, but he scored 12 goals in a season in Spain, that's not failing.
Well, I'm talking about his career after Deportivo. He had some bad luck but things like the red card are only his fault. If he can make it at Galatasaray it's all good and he can still make it to a top league or at Brighton (but i think they probably have a buying option so if he does well he will stay in Turkey)...I just feel like this move was not smart (no clue if hte club wanted it, him,...) but it seems like the coach doesn't need him at Brighton....which is a bad sign (heard very good things about this coach). Obviously my last few sentences contain a ton of speculation....but it would make sense.

·
General Iordanescu
28,185 Posts
Could you explain? Do you mean the club loaned him out for his own good or...can be understood in several ways.
Just something I read in GSP. I dunno if they announced his suspension but if the club thinks he'll be suspended like 10 rounds, they might loan him out so he can play.

I guess I'm trying to be hopeful that it helps both club and player.

·
Registered
16,077 Posts
Regarding Marin, The problem is getting to a team that played teh CL semifinals. Are they gonna take out one of those guys? Are they gonna blame them after what they did? It may happen but not until a lot goes badly. IMO Neres for instance has been crap so far, but he has a lot of credit. Blind in midfield nothing special. Mazraoui got a red and still got a better grade than Razvan

The whole team struggled in Europe, while in the dutch league they run over anyone

I didn't see Marin's last game, but probably was his worst. Before that he didn't do badly, but it's clear he can do better. At Standard he had trust to go foward and score or assist, here all that work is done by others. When he got some shots he did badly or missed great chances, that would have relieved some pressure. Besides, they expect him to replace De Jong, who got sold for 80 million...we are talking about the highest possible level

We have to wait, but not making it in this team wouldn't be a tragedy, it 's easier to perform in most top 5 league teams IMO. It's frustrating because I konw he can do much more

·
Registered
69,554 Posts
De Jong will adapt eventually, he'll be fantastic in Busquest position. For the moment he's playing most of the times next to Busquest which isn't exactly the same.

It's a matter of roles; in Marin's case too. He isn't a De Jong kind of player. Signing him to Ajax and asking him to do exactly what De Jong used to do, it's useless (or not exactly useless, but not the best decision). It's like Standard signing De Jong and asking him to do what Marin used to do there, with all his goals and assists. He can't do it.

·
Registered
69,554 Posts
Alex Baluta was loaned to Liberec, Czech top division.

So Romanian players in the CL:

Marin (Ajax)
Ianis (Genk)
Stanciu (Slavia)
Andone (Galatasaray)
Tatarusanu (Lyon, he's the reserve GK)

I won't count Screciu at Genk.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,950 Posts
Apparently Fulham (EFL Championship) interested in Nedelcearu again. They wanted him on loan in the summer with option to make it permanent, but the Russians wanted 4m euros for him. Maybe he will go there in the winter.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,950 Posts
Chipciu wanted by both Gigi (FCSB) and Piturca (Craiova).

Lung Jr (I guess because of the whole Pigliacelli situation) and Gaman also wanted by Craiova.

12081 - 12100 of 12106 Posts