Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Antu.com is reporting that fenerbahce may bring in Miroslav Stevic, who is currently playing with B. Dortmund, but played at 1860 Munich with Lorant.

Is he a good player? Does he ever play on his NT?:confused:

·
*the drum drum*
42,863 Posts
He won't be arriving..
Lorant has signed Reginaldo Simao from Brazilian runners-up Sao Caetano :)

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It may be a bit late to ask, but why was the transfer cancelled?

·
*the drum drum*
42,863 Posts
The Stenic transfer was just speculation, there was never an actual offer.....

We'll be getting the majority of our players from Brazil in the near future. We have a scout stationed there, and this scout has a list of players he finds suitable for us...
When Lorant wants a player, the club will ask the scout and he'll recommend a player...
Thats how we got Simao :)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Friday, March 1, 2002
Fenerbahce to sell keeper Rustu

ISTANBUL, March 1 (Reuters) - Turkish club Fenerbahce are prepared to sell international keeper Rustu Recber if the price is right, despite objections from coach Werner Lorant who wants to keep him at least until the end of the season.
Rustu, Turkey's only world-class goalkeeper, has said he wants to move on from the Istanbul side to a bigger European club, a desire heightened by recent threats from fans after poor results.

'Whoever wants to go can go,' Fenerbahce chairman Aziz Yildirim told Friday's edition of Fotomac sports newspaper.

'Rustu has a year on his contract but we're ready to sell him.'

But coach Lorant, who was only appointed to the position in January, refutes the idea of selling a goalkeeper widely credited with winning Fenerbahce the league title last season.

'Rustu should definitely stay at Fenerbahce. That's my last word on him. Any speculation about Rustu should be left to the end of the season. Fenerbahce needs Rustu,' Lorant said.

Rustu, 28, has been both exceptional and the exception in Turkey, where big clubs often prefer to buy in foreign goalkeepers, thereby squeezing out local talent.

He is almost certain to start for Turkey in the World Cup in South Korea and Japan, where they face Brazil, China and Costa Rica in Group C.

A good performance by Rustu on the global stage could well attract interested buyers.

Fenerbahce are currently third with 49 points in the Turkish super league after 24 games, four points behind leaders Galatasaray and just one behind Besiktas.

Yildirim said the club, based on the Asian side of Istanbul, had the cash to back Lorant with new players and could replace Rustu if necessary. The club is already investing money by expanding its Sukru Saracoglu stadium.

'Fenerbahce are a club that can get keepers from all over the world. If Rustu wants to go, why should we hold him?' Yildirim said.

source: soccernet

·
*the drum drum*
42,863 Posts
'Whoever wants to go can go,' Fenerbahce chairman Aziz Yildirim told Friday's edition of Fotomac sports newspaper.
Not the words of Yildirim...
He'd never be so blatent about a club issue..

That article is a load of crap...Theres no way that we'll sell Rustu this season, and probably not even next season...

·
*the drum drum*
42,863 Posts
A similar article is on onefootball.com

He WON'T leave this year....
Maybe next year if we're not in the CL...

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Theres no way that we'll sell Rustu this season, and probably not even next season...
I agree. This season there is no way we'll let him go;)

However, for the next season, if somebody comes to us with a nice offer I find his transfer very likely:rolleyes:

·
*the drum drum*
42,863 Posts
Hmm, wait a minute...
If we sell Rustu, that would make it very likely that we'd buy Omer from Gaziantep...

Omer isn't Rustu, but he is good :)
And it would be good for the NT if Rustu left, and Omer came to Fener...

But I still want Rustu to stay :D

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Omer isn't Rustu, but he is good
How about Oguz and Recep. I heard they're very good, if Fenerbahce doesn't make to the CL. It would be a good idea to give them a chance:)

If we do make to CL. It will be too risky to put them under this kind of pressure.:eek:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Definitely. Playing in the CL is stressful for world-class keepers, not to mention, for young players who don't even play regualrly in the Turkish League.

I think Rustu could be sold after the WC, if he puts on a show like he did in Euro 2000. However, I think it is more possible for him to leave after next year, when his contract is up.

·
*the drum drum*
42,863 Posts
Oguz is good, and I hear Recep is even better (in physique...tall, strong etc), but they're still very young...
One of them will be our keeper in a couple years time, but next year would be too early...Even if we don't play CL...

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
One of them will be our keeper in a couple years time, but next year would be too early..
There are somne stuff they cannot learn if they dont experience, like performing under pressure:)

So, they have to take some time, when Rustu is here there is no reason for them to play:eek:

I think we have to give them a chance to prove themselves, if we don't make CL;)

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have heard that Recep is the better keeper, in terms of talent.

Of course, I have not really seen him play though:eek:

·
*the drum drum*
42,863 Posts
When the time comes, they'll be played into the first team...
And that time may be next year...
Its up to Oguz..:)

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts

·
*the drum drum*
42,863 Posts
:eek: You got me there :eek:

Its up to both of them though...
Oguz junior has to improve and prove his ready to Oguz senior :D

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Oguz junior has to improve and prove his ready to Oguz senior
Another question, how will Oguz "the keeper" will improve himself, if he doesn't play?:tongue:

Do you think he should also be loaned to a team which he can get some experience?:rolleyes:

·
*the drum drum*
42,863 Posts
If he trains hard, he'll improve...
When he improves to a good level, then he'll be played into the first team to gain experience and learn a little more...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts