Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it really true that the board is thinkin' of transfer listin' Adrian ..?! if so, what r ur opinions on this..!? And lastly; which players must Valencia transfer for the next season to win the title..!??

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Yah, it's true Adrian Ilie might be on the transfer list, this is because he has expressed some negativity towards coach Cuper. He mainly said that he wants Cuper to tell him if he is welcome on the team.

I personally wouldn't want Ilie to leave because he is a great asset to Valencia. I hope he stay because Valencia will build a nice team next year even without Lopez.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes, it looks as though Ilie will be off, unfortunately (IMO he's better than Juan Sánchez and Oscar together); ditto for Claudio Lopez. As far as players coming in, well, there are loads and loads of rumours (eg Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink) but so far only Carew and Mozart are definites. Unless I'm very much mistaken.
TRISTÁN

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
illie is not a favorite of cuper and thats not surprising because he likes the spanish type of football players...i guess illie doesnt have the style cuper wants. or maybe its because of him not being great this year.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi EclipsE and others

Re: Mozart, I've just heard that he's still just a rumour (one of the many). He's a very young Brazilian striker (I think), but I don't think it's working out.

So far the only 100% definite is Carew.
Valencia has officially written to Atletico Madrid with an offer for Hasselbaink, and I believe "Patetico" have said that should they go down to 2nd division, we'll get first refusal, but that should they stay in Primera they may hang on to him.

There's an Argentinian guy whose name I can't remember but it sounds very Basque, he's quite likely, he was rumoured to be going to Villareal to begin with.

Another rumour is Zickler, who is currently at Bayern Munich. But who knows. It's still early days.

TRISTÁN

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Hi TristanWhite,

Thanx for the latest rumors. :) I also have two questions for you:

1) What are the chances of Serban coming back to Valencia from Villareal?

2) I just saw on your site ( www.ciberche.net ) that you have an Adrian Ilie Interview there. I was wondering if it is not too much to ask if you could translate it to English for me. I realize it's a rather lengthy interview, so if you want translate the important things only.

Thanx

[This message has been edited by EclipsE (edited 29-04-2000).]

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi EclipsE and others

First of all, the rumours can be all seen on the following page. Makes VVVVV interesting reading.
http://members.es.tripod.de/greenhat/mercado.htm

Secondly, as for Ilie interview, I will translate it tomorrow if I have time. I have only read your message now and must dash as I need to get to a mate's house as I don't have Digital, and I want to see tonight's game live and whole!

As for Serban, I'll check amongst our 105 members see whether they have any news.

TRISTÁN

D

·
0 Posts
I'm a Real Madrid fan, not a Valencia fan but I may be able to chip in a bit. As for that Argentine who has a very Basque sounding name. He's Boca Juniors left back Rodolfo Aruabarrena. Could be a long-term replacement for 35-year-old Carboni (but don't you guys also have Fagiani?). On Mozart, I'm sure I saw him play for Brazil against Australia a couple of months ago and he's surely not a striker. A defender if I remember right.

Is it absolutely certain that Claudio Lopez is Lazio's? Everywhere I hear that he's been signed by Lazio but noone credible ever confirms it. If it matters any, I hope he realizes that Valencia have a very good thing going on here and stays. If the core of the team is kept together for several years, who knows what Valencia can come up with! The same goes for Gerard.

P.S.
Kick Barca's a$$ now y'all!

[This message has been edited by dwMB (edited 03-05-2000).]

·
Registered
415 Posts
I wouldn't have been sure about Lopez's transfer to Lazio if Cuper hadn't confirmed it. If I remember correctly, before the second leg match he said something like Lopez will try his best even though he's moving to Lazio next season.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
yes, kazema is right.

cuper in his interview before the 2nd leg of the CL against lazio, said something like "even though lopez will be in rome next year, he will play his hardest as usual"

that just confirmed it.

X

·
0 Posts
i think lopez should have stayed!
he fits perfectly into the team style and valencia will miss him a lot!

ilie is great ...but not as fast as lopez!

valencia plays very quickly and mos tof the players are very fast..

i dunno if carew will adapt cos he is very strong and a gd heading...
but i doubt whether he has the pace and style to adapt to the team.,.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts